Thank you Bioware

pjabbuffalo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same +1 I actually stopped playing because it was so easy.

Same here. I resubbed right before KOTFE launched and didn't even last a week before I stopped playing. I myself am a very casual player but I don't get any enjoyment out of playing a game that gives me zero challenge. I personally don't understand what can be fun about going in and one shotting everything to top level.

Almost all I had to do was use death field and almost every mob would drop dead in the encounter instantly. And that was before I even got Khem Val. After getting my companion, the level of difficulty was so dumbed down that I just couldn't bear playing the game. Everyone laughs and makes fun of WoW players for playing a dumbed down, easy mode game. Well all! Meet the game that exceeded the dumbing down and is even more easy mode than WoW. This game.

The new generation of gamers is going to be not only the death of this game, but all mmo's in my opinon. Everyone wants instant self gratification in games without having to put forth any effort whatsoever in achieving any goal at all. It reminds me of spoiled children who throw tantrums when things don't go their way. Heck, my 5 year old acts more mature. And nope, not exaggerating on that.

If you all want a game where you don't have to do anything but press a single button to beat it, great! There are many, many free to play Korean mmo's out there that will do that for you! You can just sit back, relax and watch the game do it for you. I do wish you all would stop ruining mmo's for the rest of us. It's this type of new gamer that is ruining mmo's today.

I am glad that BioWare nerfed companions. I am glad that Blizzard made it so their players actually had to put some effort into the game to earn flying for WoD. Keep it up guys! Take your games back and stop listening to the self entitled gamers before the death of mmo's come completely.

As for this game, this new nerf to companions will have me giving the game a try again.

I think they should leave level 1 companions where they are with the nerf but make the level 50 ones at least half as good as they were instead of the huge nerf they did. That way when you want a challenge either dismiss the companion all together or use a level 1 companion, if you are not that great a player then level one up to 50 and get a lot of help. This will be the best of both worlds really. Why pander to one crowd or the other.

Bioware would never stay married, they don't know the word compromise! :p

heres a question I've been wanting to ask since all this started with 4.0.0

Everyone screaming I want CHALLENGE I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DIE

I just wonder how many of those saying that started say any Single player RPG on Difficult or extreme or you will die if an NPC looks at you mode, and don't play the first time through on normal or easy.

I think if people would be honest, but then again this is the Interwebs, the number would say Normal

Love the nerfing of companions think more is needed though. I like a Challenge when I play games not God mode.

God forbid you had just used one of the other 22 companions you have that were a lower influence level to get that so called "challenge" you wanted without supporting something that brings down everyone with you. Especially when no one should play like you unless they want to.

I just wonder how many of those saying that started say any Single player RPG on Difficult or extreme or you will die if an NPC looks at you mode, and don't play the first time through on normal or easy.

I think if people would be honest, but then again this is the Interwebs, the number would say Normal

Don't know, couldn't tell ya. I haven't played any type of video game except an MMO since 1999. Yeah, you read that right: I do not play console games nor any type of single-player game. The only video games I play are MMOs.

Most single player RPG's on easy mode were still more difficult than this game was outside of group content, post 4.0 til yesterday. So that's not really a great comparison.

Example, the original KOTOR, if you played on easy mode, and faced Darth Malak, the hardest single player challenge in the game, and spammed your basic attack, you would die. In TOR, if you did a Star Fortress solo, the hardest single player challenge in the game, and spammed your basic attack, you would win.

"The new generation of gamers is going to be not only the death of this game, but all mmo's in my opinon. Everyone wants instant self gratification in games without having to put forth any effort whatsoever in achieving any goal at all. It reminds me of spoiled children who throw tantrums when things don't go their way. Heck, my 5 year old acts more mature. And nope, not exaggerating on that"

At the same time I dont want a game that requires me to put so much effort that there is no time for anything else. Hardcore players are no more right then casual's {like me} are wrong.

Since the big nerf of companions, I believe the Star Fortress achievement's should be reset for everyone. Since it was so easy to do that should not be seen as an achievement.

Yes this, all the ppl that are now thanking BW for the nerf should have all the SF stuff reset and they will have to do it all over again and get the challenge that they want.

I might be misunderstanding your post, so if I am I apologize in advance. But what I am getting from it is that you are comparing mmo gamers who want some type of challenge to playing an rpg on difficult or extreme mode? If so, that is a ridiculous comparison. Noone said they wanted to play a game where "you will die if an NPC looks at you". I have played those kinds of rpg's before by the way.

I think what you are missing is that many gamers don't want a game where we sit back, press one button and win. We actually want to have to know and learn how to play our class by using our abilities in different fights and situations. I don't know, where we actually have to use our brain and overcome a battle on occasion.

I personally am not looking for some hardcore game where I can't get to level 3 without dying repeatedly. I played an mmo like that years ago, can't remember the name right now but it was pretty intense. May have been Darkfall actually. Anyways, I think many of us are very sick of all the mmo's repeatedly dumbing down their games to such an extent that a 6 year old could play. Make the game a bit interesting by adding some challenge. Where I need to know how to actually play my class well to pass some areas of the games or missions for example.

Seriously all, there has to be some balance between hardcore game play and so easy a dog can press a button and win game play. And in my opinion, dungeons, raids, heroics, etc. should never be easy or soloable. If you want to play the easy content in a game, then just stick to that easy content. But how about we leave a challenge where the rewards reflect the effort put forth. And yes, again, I am a very casual player by the way.

I might be misunderstanding your post, so if I am I apologize in advance. But what I am getting from it is that you are comparing mmo gamers who want some type of challenge to playing an rpg on difficult or extreme mode? If so, that is a ridiculous comparison. Noone said they wanted to play a game where "you will die if an NPC looks at you". I have played those kinds of rpg's before by the way.

I think what you are missing is that many gamers don't want a game where we sit back, press one button and win. We actually want to have to know and learn how to play our class by using our abilities in different fights and situations. I don't know, where we actually have to use our brain and overcome a battle on occasion.

I personally am not looking for some hardcore game where I can't get to level 3 without dying repeatedly. I played an mmo like that years ago, can't remember the name right now but it was pretty intense. May have been Darkfall actually. Anyways, I think many of us are very sick of all the mmo's repeatedly dumbing down their games to such an extent that a 6 year old could play. Make the game a bit interesting by adding some challenge. Where I need to know how to actually play my class well to pass some areas of the games or missions for example.

Seriously all, there has to be some balance between hardcore game play and so easy a dog can press a button and win game play. And in my opinion, dungeons, raids, heroics, etc. should never be easy or soloable. If you want to play the easy content in a game, then just stick to that easy content. But how about we leave a challenge where the rewards reflect the effort put forth. And yes, again, I am a very casual player by the way.

Summer I agree NiM, Op, Hm should require some thought and knowing your class, besides knowing the Boss dance (scripted content)

But to just extend the time it takes to complete menial task like dailys and solo content and call it challenging really makes no sense.

Troll posts are funny!

Go and count the posts in the forum threads.

For every elitist snob post there are 20 saying the patch sucks. You lose. The vocal minority has been silenced for a change. Hopefully Biofail will actually listen to the players who play and not the ones that scream NERF IT! because they're afraid of people actually catching up to them.

Have I mentioned, troll posts are funny...XD

Edited by EightSided

My idea was that BW add a feature to the game that allows ppl that want the challenge to turn down or scale back their comps abilities, that way those of you that want a "harder mode or a challenge" can have it and those of you that wanted it how it was before yesterday can have it that way. Win Win for all I think