Have you played the game?

Gromarch

OP this is not about adapting it is about content that is not meant to be hard for any one. H2s are not raids they are time sinks to make credits and reps it is not meant to be omg i died a lot or man i had to use heroic moments on that fight. Which new players that we have invited to join us on a epic story don't have.

And the content is still not hard for anyone, which if any of the people complaining about the nerf actually tried playing the game, they would see.

Yo dawg, solo content is super competitive, yo. I's needs to show da worlds how amazing I am at playing dis game when I'm all alone in this instance being a superstar wifout my comps being OP and shiz. Aww yeah, booooy!

Those whiny babies complaining about not wanting to have to grind over and over and over and over and over and over again are so stoopit! Don't theys know I can sees them with their OP comps and ridicule them for it, while theys inside that instance?! Dying over and over and over again is what makes these games FUN, yo! Theys so dum! Dont theys know that solo content is just like PVP, operations, hard modez, and other group content? Its exactly the same, yo! And it should be every bit as tedious, frustrating, and loaded with downtime as possible, else it's just not FUN!

So sayethz mez, the master playa! Peace out!

Thats because BW screwed up perfect. That being, a enjoyable solo experience that you can adjust for yourself by using a difference companion if you want to add some tedious time to an already grindy part of the game or you can do it a bit more quickly by using that powerful companion you got and have a it more fun and entertainment with them.

It was the opposite of perfect in 4.0. It was pathetically simple and played as no more than a movie interrupted by the occasional instance of pressing 1 over and over.

Well, were going to disagree there. The nerf didn't add any fun or entertainment to SWTOR and if you really found that adding more time to a slog of running the same heroic over and over. Grab a weaker companion and have at it. LEave the rest alone.

Now my toons feels about as non-heroic as one can get. Be it the piss poor down leveling going to planets makingt me feel NON-heroic or when I go into a star fortress, designed to be me and my companion and it's nothing but a grind made worse and the fun was taken out of it by this nerf.

Heroic feeling in SWTOR is a joke these days. Down leveling and the nerf to companions saw to that.

It's not the time increase that's more fun, it's the fact that things actually pose a modicum of a challenge now.

It was the opposite of perfect in 4.0. It was pathetically simple and played as no more than a movie interrupted by the occasional instance of pressing 1 over and over.

So exactly what people wanted with playing a movie and story. AKA perfect. The ability to see the story and cut scenes in a leisurely pace that brought entertainment. An enjoyable time in a solo part of the game that was fun and entertaining but is nothing now but a slog though a POS grind. Sorry but thats terrible design.

It's not the time increase that's more fun,

You got that right. that increased time to grind isn't fun or entertaining at all and since thats about all end game is, is grind out some 4 year old heroics and one new heroic over and over and over. Id' say lets not make that any more grindy than it needs to be.

and hell, if you really wanted more grind, do it on an alt or use a lesser leveled up companion. Self nerf you own arse not everyone else.

it's the fact that things actually pose a modicum of a challenge now.

Well good for you. You like things to take longer, hit a little harder and take a little more DPS. OH the challenge....

What a waste when you could have done all that yourself before the nerf and left the rest of the community alone to enjoy some solo game play that was already a grind but hell at least a powerful companion made it tolerable.

Now, after the nerf, it's back to a boring grind that takes to much time and isn't any fun simply because "X" mob his a bit harder and takes more time to kill. Thats some rather crappy design to support.

Edited by Quraswren

Not really whats happening is some people don't have shinny 4 alt buffs with 8 heroic moments and unity or even legacy for that mater feeling like they cant play content H2s are not meant to be hard there meant to be time sinks on a rep grind. What you will be surprised by is the sharp fall of in subs on new player and a dead game like in SOR. No were did BW state the H2s are meant to be challenge for players to adapt to it

I kinda left out that my main is lvl.56 and to be honest, half the stuff you mention here, I have no clue what is.(The "4 alt buffs with 8 heroic moments and unity" parts, just to be clear)

What the 2+H's are meant to be... Well, that's really only for the devs to say; you, I and anyone else can only voice an opinion on what we think it should meant to be. Reading here and elsewhere that doing them without buffs gives an achievement, kinda indicates that it was intended as somewhat challenging. ;)

Perhaps I remember wrong, but as far as I recall, it was a lot harder when the game came out almost 4 years ago. Back then I really struggled, way more than I do today.

Edited by Gromarch

So exactly what people wanted with playing a movie and story. AKA perfect. An enjoyable time in a solo part of the game that was fun and entertaining but is nothing now but a slog though a POS grind. Sorry but thats terrible design.

Sorry, I must have missed the part where this was designed as a movie instead of a video game.

Sorry, I must have missed the part where this was designed as a movie instead of a video game.

You sure as hell missed the part where it was fun and this nerf screwed that up too.

If you really wanted it to be harder. Put that restriction on yourself. No one else needs to join you unless they want to.

Now let me make a few things clear about me as a gamer; I generally suck and I like to play MMO's solo 90% of the time I utilize my wee blasters.

I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote.

I'm like you and a long time player of this game. (Joined about 6 months after launch.)

My take is this. I leveled my characters usually over leveling my main and companion and over gearing both of them. Back then, as I was leveling, doing a heroic solo was either difficult or near impossible at near level. Usually I could do them easily if I were at least 5 levels above. And as I got higher running the low level heroics were insanely fast clears. So as I see it, folks have gotten a little bit of selective memory. They want to run the low level heroics quickly like they did before, and forgot how hard it was to do at level. Planetary level sync was a a blessing and a curse because it lowered your level, BUT it still allowed you to clear it, though not as quickly or easily. And as far as I know heroic missions are NOT part of the storyline.

And as far as the heroic on Star Fortress goes? Any of you remember the end game heroic missions when the cap was 50, 55 or 60? Were you able to complete them solo with less than near top end gear? Again, by overpowering companions, folks were easily doing the endgame heroics.

They addressed it well in what they wrote: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=853703

Simply put, while playing through much of the game, there are a lot of situations in regular combat where it is practically impossible for you to be killed if you have a healing Companion. Although this can be fun for a time, this wasn’t our goal. Companions should be strong, they should fill any role you need, but they should not make your actual gameplay be overshadowed by how strong they are.

That being said, the healer companions are still quite competitive, but they no longer trivialize content that was meant to be challenging.

It's not the time increase that's more fun, it's the fact that things actually pose a modicum of a challenge now.

You do know there is more than one skill to use? You might want to check it out sometime.

Here you go

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8

No charge

And as far as the heroic on Star Fortress goes? Any of you remember the end game heroic missions when the cap was 50, 55 or 60? Were you able to complete them solo with less than near top end gear? Again, by overpowering companions, folks were easily doing the endgame heroics.

Solo'd Oricon heroic at level 55 with companion in 156 gear (that I got doing the story line missions), and my character in 162 PvP gear.

I did that on an Assault Spec Commando, a Dirty Fighting Scoundrel, and a Vigilance Guardian. Commando and Guardian had Elara and Doc respectively, Scoundrel had Risha.

So hate to tell you, companions were on par with players if you bothered to gear them prior to 4.0. They are vastly weaker now then they were before 4.0 if you bothered to gear them.

So hate to tell you, companions were on par with players if you bothered to gear them prior to 4.0. They are vastly weaker now then they were before 4.0 if you bothered to gear them.

I don't find that to be the case. Companions are strong enough to allow me to solo Heroics, which is all I can expect from them.

1) make a new toon on a server with no legacy buffs/unlocks

2)lvl it to ~40 as dps

3)go to belsavis and do a heroic with your rank 10 healing comp

4) tell us how much fun you had being obliterated

I will be making an alt, however not entirely as you order, but still close:

1: I currently have no legacy buffs/unlocks going anyway, and hence can't see a reason to change server.

2: I will. Was thinking Scoundrel Scrapper.

3: I have no intention of keeping my comp at rank 10. When I hit lvl. 40, I expect it to be at least rank 15-20. It eludes me why anyone would not lvl up a companions rank, since it influences their performance. Flirts and comp gifts are in for a reason.

4: I will. And I will be honest; if I get obliterated all the time, I'll tell. Whether anyone cares is another matter. ;)

Edited by Gromarch