The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force Lighting...

Daeclue

You want to complain about force lightning's range?

;)

NO ! He wants to complain about its dmg, CC , range, being spamable and about it being so op lol, what a noob.

If devs nerf that spell then they will cry about other spell, and on and on until devs nerf all spells except his class spells lol.

Edited by Tamernator

Its totally not OP thats why every game you see 5+ inquistors nope no problem there.

Ever considered that its not because the spell is overpowered, but because the class is really popular right now?

But hey a spell that has a chance to crit for 900 and is the bread and butter spell of a dot class sure is overpowered.

Honestly you should stop your incessant whining and learn from your mistakes in PvP and try again with a different strategy.

Telekinetic throw is a bigger problem.

1. Look at door
  2. Cast telekinetic throw
  3. Watch people run around in confusion because it has no graphics.

1. Stun player while trinket is down
  3. Watch 60% HP fall off.

:t_mad:

Edited by Knifewrench

Telekinetic throw is a bigger problem.

1. Look at door
  3. Watch people run around in confusion because it has no graphics.

1. Stun player while trinket is down
  3. Watch 60% HP fall off.

:t_mad:

Not sure what the Look at door means, but i notice the instant a sage casts Telekinetic throw on me, even when im not focusing the sage.

IMO, just change Telekinetic into something cool, like 5 Astromech droid chain hit or yellow/green force power stream, that ought to give people to focus on JC a bit more. Current rock throwing is just... weak compare to SI's awesome Force Lightning. Edited by Felene

Not sure what all the fuss is about ...

I just started PvPing finally today. Got to level 30 as a Powertech shield spec for the jet charge skill and hit the BGs!

I think the only class so far thats giving me trouble are the smugglers. With all the different forms of CC they have its a lesson in frustration when going toe to toe with a decent one.

On the other hand, I have had no problems with the jedi. Sure their spells can get a little painful, but as a tank I have so many damn intrupts they usually just end up shielding up and running away as I shoot rockets at their back and smile a little on the inside. ;)

I hate to say this .. but maybe you just need to learn to play your class a bit better. Everyone has the ability to do very well against pretty much any class, and Bioware has done a great job at balancing.

Just remember ... hot key your interrupt to your mouse buttons, and always try and keep some kinda line of sight obstacle nearby to duck and cover when you get into trouble.

A simple solution would be to make a healer have uninteruptible heals. Also, for the healers to have an AOE heal with 30 meters. Also, grant each class an anti-stun debuff.

I remember in SWG dark jedi had not only force lightning that stunned, but also force choke. And, just about every other class had a snare, notable of which was the smuggler with a dire snare fired from a pistol that had a 100% snare rate, and couldn't be shaken by any means. Common crits were for 13000 damage out of 20000 health. Medics had god like mega heals. I've seen a medic in a santa suit heal his way out of an attack by 4 of the opposite faction.

Edited by Chiricahua

Sorc: I press 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3

Notsorc: Oshi stun wore off, i dps sorc

Sorc: I pop shield 1 2 3 1 2 3

notsorc: killed his shield 1 2 3

sorc: 1 2 3 1 2 3 'oshi my dps chain stun didnt kill him, im starting to take damage! I can charge away and heal!"

you must be really really really bad at this game.

Force lightning does 450 a tick, 5 ticks per channel, each channel is 3 seconds. So best case scenario it does like 2250 damage over 3 seconds. Keep in mind pushback removes ticks though. With pushback it's going to be 1800 if speced for pushback reduction or 1350 without pushback reduction. At 2250 damage per 3 second channel and assuming the average player has 13k hp, it will take 17 seconds to kill someone spamming force lightning. Now obviously i'm not taking into account crit, but with 25% crit it would be an average of 2700 damage per 3 second channel or 14 seconds to kill someone (and this is not considering pushback, it's realistically closer to 17-20 seconds).

THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS! 14 seconds to kill someone?! ZOMG, DIS IS OP GUIS! /sarcasm

Love how irrational and moronic 99% of the posters are on gaming forums. This is 3rd grade level math everyone should be capable of. If people would take 3 seconds to logically think about things instead of being uneducated, ignorant *******es, this world would be such a better place.

Edited by SeanPoe

Force lightning does 450 a tick, 5 ticks per channel, each channel is 3 seconds. Pushback removes ticks but the spell still channels for 3 seconds. So best case scenario it does like 2250 damage over 3 seconds. With pushback it's going to be 1800 if speced for pushback reduction or 1350 without pushback reduction. At 2250 damage per 3 second channel and assuming the average player has 13k hp, it will take 17 seconds to kill someone spamming force lightning. Now obviously i'm not taking into account crit, but with 25% crit it would be an average of 2700 damage per 3 second channel or 14 seconds to kill someone (and this is not considering pushback, it's realistically closer to 17-20 seconds).

THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS! 14 seconds to kill someone?! ZOMG, DIS IS OP GUIS! /sarcasm

Love how irrational and moronic 99% of the posters are on gaming forums. This is 3rd grade level math everyone should be capable of. If people would take 3 seconds to logically think about things instead of being uneducated, ignorant *******es, this world would be such a better place.

+1 and Amen