2600 CC for Armor on CM?!?

SickTag

WTH?! 2600 cc for Xaxaan's Armor set on the Cartel Market!! Most sets are 1440 cc. 2600 is more then 20 dollars...for a set of armor in a video game!! Are things THIS bad for the game that they have to jack up prices so they can pay their electric bills???? What a rip! :(

WTH?! 2600 cc for Xaxaan's Armor set on the Cartel Market!! Most sets are 1440 cc. 2600 is more then 20 dollars...for a set of armor in a video game!! Are things THIS bad for the game that they have to jack up prices so they can pay their electric bills???? What a rip! :(

Don't like the price, don't buy it. The CM isn't required to play this game. (That set is ugly anyway.)

Pretty much what ^ this guy said. Some people will find that it's worth their money. Others won't. If this were something that was required in order to progress in the story, then you have a reason to gripe, but for something that has 0 impact on the game, and is purely cosmetic, well, you really don't have any real argument here, just an opinion.

Well... it is a rare set that's originally from packs... which means that making it too cheap as a direct purchase would be kind of unfair to those who actually went to great expense to acquire it originally. :o

And it also costs them nothing to make it available at 2600 CC for those who really want it and don't feel like spending millions of credits on the GTN. I don't really see the harm.

Granted, I also won't be getting it, since the set isn't all that appealing to me, so my opinion doesn't count for much there. :p

They are testing whether cartel armor for cc actually sells.

So many people have asked for a direct purchase cc for cartel armor that they are trying it out.

If this set doesn't sell well, you won't see many more.

While most of us would like to see direct purchase sets for CC instead of the RNG option of Cartel Packs, simply jacking the price up to 2600CC is beyond greedy. I don't see how they can't realise that if they lowered their prices a little, added direct purchase sets, that they would get more sales that way.

Well... it is a rare set that's originally from packs... which means that making it too cheap as a direct purchase would be kind of unfair to those who actually went to great expense to acquire it originally. :o

This is like saying "having sales isn't fair to people who paid full price".

It's a new step for them too, so I assume they're just testing at this point where they can price these former Pack sets.

Their metrics will tell them if it gathered the amount of sales they hoped for, if not the next one will probably be lowered.

So all we can really do if we think it's too high is not buy it and hope it doesn't sell enough :)

Might come as a surprise to you, but pretty much no one cares about what you are or are not going to buy on the cartel market, or anywhere else for that matter.

Doesn;t matter if it's a set of video game clothing, a gallon of gasoline, a loaf of bread, or anything else.

You think it's too much? Keep your money. That's all you need to do.

This is like saying "having sales isn't fair to people who paid full price".

Sad fact of the matter is there are a LOT of people who do get upset when there's a sale on things they already paid full price for. The more recently that was, the worse it tends to be.

Anyone who's ever worked retail can attest to this.

Edited by OathboundCoH

lets see most people who got the set from the packs probably paid 5400 CC for a pack of what was it 25 or was it 30 packs.

Opened all the packs got 1-3 maybe 4 of the pieces, the chest being the rarest piece. So they bought more packs or spent in game gold

and the chest at times would be selling for 10-12 million and this 5 months ago so 2200, or is it 2600 hundred sure id pay that simply cause I dont want to pay it to u in in game gold, if I didnt already have the set.

Like 18-40 million for some sets on JC atm what a joke

It is overpriced compared to other games, but let's be real, the way the cartel packs work is worse. If I could buy a jet pack or Gallantry for 2600 CC (you know...the stuff I actually want), I would buy that in a second. Trying to get them through packs would statistically cost several hundred dollars at this point. Yes, it's ridiculous.

While most of us would like to see direct purchase sets for CC instead of the RNG option of Cartel Packs, simply jacking the price up to 2600CC is beyond greedy. I don't see how they can't realise that if they lowered their prices a little, added direct purchase sets, that they would get more sales that way.

Because they would lose all the cartel packs sales if the rarest armors and decorations were available for direct sale. You'd have to sell 100's of thousands of these individually for it to be better for Bioware.

2,600 cc is a lot less than I ended up actually paying for it when I got it.

5,400 cc for a hypercrate that didn't have all the set pieces and then several million credits to get the pieces I was missing.

2,600 cc is a bargain.

Exactly!

Don't like the price, don't buy it. The CM isn't required to play this game. (That set is ugly anyway.)

^This.

While I do think it's a bit overpriced and not an appealing armor, it's really this simple. :p

Now, I hope they don't take this as a sign of don't sell the other armors, if it's not popular, because, I /might/ be willing to spend that much on an armor set (I know I would on an Ambitious Warrior armor set without the flaps :p)

I do not mind that they have special armor sets in the cartel market that are expensive.

They have to look better then the latest set though for me to spend 2600 cartel coins though.

A black armor with purple glowing lines in it, sure that would be worth 2600 CC :tran_smile: