Maintenance: November 17th, 2015

TaitWatson

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be because they were advising ppl earlier not to patch till they fix the issue....they may have taken the patching offline for awhile....wait a little while then try again. once it goes through you will hopefully have the nonstreaming client/no bitraider and wont have to deal with this headache again. It will be worth it in the end to switch to nonstreaming client just sometimes a headache to get it to go if your doing it during a patch day and they are having issues. Keep your head up it will get better.

Well, that sucks a lot. The whole point of trying it now was to take advantage of the downtime to not lose any gaming time while it patches back to date...

Me too! I'm stuck @ 94.14% :confused:

It makes no difference. My patch finished a while ago and the game won't even launch. The loading screen appears for a second or two, then the client closes and an error pops up. Your patch finishing won't make you any more able to play the game.

Hey everyone,

We've seen reports of people getting stuck while downloading or encountering other issues with the Launcher. We recommend not attempting to patch the game while we are investigating the ongoing issues. If you are already in a stuck state, we will update you later on what needs to be done to resolve your issue.

-Tait

The moment you log in ,the game patches so updating those in a stuck state = updating everyone who tried to log in when the time of the maintenance end was suppose to be (9 am pst) So perhaps you should change your statement just a little?:rak_02:

Lol, I call this egocentricity - you should Google that. So many people see the world only from their narrow point of view. We are all in different time zones. No matter when they do it, some are affected more and some less.

C'mon everyone, this is a necessary part of sustaining an MMO. The HAVE communicated with us and anything new right now would just repeat itself. As an experienced troubleshooter (different field), I can attest that until you know the root cause, you are not able to give an ETC/ETA.

Oh yes, oh my god, Bioware is the ONLY company running a 24/7 hr global scale IT service. And if there are others doing the same, they are also having this issue. Sure.

This is not part of an MMO, nor is it the case in the dozens of games i have playes before, except Sony's Everquest, they were acting as Bioware does. Running an IT service is a matter of planning and reaction. If something goes wrong, then rollback and analyze the root cause. If you are expereinced troubleshooter, then you should know that. If not, then you might be experienced, but not successfull - or only have very dumb and exhausted customers.

I'm with everyone else. Swotr down, too bad. Go outside. Walk around. Bake some cookies. Beat off. Such is life.

However I just had surgery yesterday and was counting on swotr to keep my mind off the pain. So. You know. Here's just a general wish it's back up and running soon :)

Companion base stats have been reduced.

Companion damage and healing output has been reduced.

Good, but by how much? Because my sub ends in a few days, less than a fortnight, and tomorrow would normally be the day I resub, so the first thing I intend to do when I get on is check I can still solo SF. Cuz if I can't.... well, there are a fair few games out there I enjoy a lot more than this already.

I am already upset that they simplified the companions, and not only because I had in the last week spent 2 million credits on upgrading companion gear, but also because it removed one of the few actual strategic elements.

Further nerfing of companions could be really bad for my enjoyment, since I mostly solo. They do seem to be pushing toward group activities.

I have one 65, and 5 characters 60 and up. Do they think I'm an eternal subscriber?

I know this break is swtor fixing the patch bug, and i get that it is for everyone with this problem, but what about the subs who have paid to play the game,i mean we arnt paying to watch a broken game are we, i have just renued mine for a month last night, and i havnt been able to play the game yet,

And for the people who will diss me for saying that, i understnad its their job to fix the game, but for people to pay to play, we should get something for waiting this long and for how ever long we will have to wait.double xp for how long we had to wait anything to rectify the time we have lost.

But thanks for repairing the patch when you do :)

You will get something, you will get to play the game once they've fixed it.