Vaylen and Her Antics (SPOILERS)

WorldSmasher

Last chance. These are potentially big spoilers.

Who sits on the throne and stands on the Dias? The Emperor, that's who. But when her brother, Arcann rose from his seat and walked down the stairs, his sister stayed on the dias, looking down at him, (I can't recall which chapter that scene played out, and I can't recall if she sat in the Emperor's thrown?)

Many turns of phrase that Vaylen uses when talking to her brother made it seem that she would like to see him dead. In the Ninth chapter, when Arcann learns that the Outlander has escaped and got the Gravestone and is raising support for resistance, he vows, "I'll die before I let that Outlander steal my throne! (or words to that effect). What does his sister say? "Don't worry, you will."

I say, Vaylen is waiting for her chance to make her move to make a play for power, kill her brother to become Empress. What do you think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope...

That Valkorion helps the outlander "uncage" her mind or whatever. Maybe that will release her conscience and allow her to be good. She could then become a romance able companion. Maybe this is unlikely, but it would be great! They'd have to find a way to reduce her power (for the story) so she wouldn't just roll over Arcann as soon as that happens though.

Given her power level as it's been described, I'm not sure she'd have to 'wait for the right time'. She's had plenty of opportunities to off him. I think she'll just let him get himself killed by the Outlander or someone else. I'm not sure she's really interested in being Empress.

We aren't talking about black fingernails nor about how she compares with Dark Jaesa. We're talking about the possibilities of of what she might have in store for her brother.

It's pretty obvious she looks at him with contempt. And I get the feeling she's manipulating him every chance she gets. She's the real threat, not him.

She's just an evil b*tch that needs to die. Slowly.

Sounds like a 60's girl pop group, Vaylin and the Antics.

My daddy told me that boys may say some things that aren't true

Well, they promise me the sweet things that they never intend to do

You say your love is strong

And you'll never do me wrong

(But let me tell you that...)

My daddy told me to open up my eyes and not be blind

Every time I look at you, everything you do seems so fine

I love you so, but I'll have to let you go

What I don't like is how Vaylin force-pushed open those doors that Beniko had a problem with. If you remember on Taris, our Jedi sage force-pushed open a heavy metal door, tore it to pieces, and Beniko could barely open the door. Knowing his ability, the first time Beniko failed to open the door, he should have said, "um, scuse me, I have the door" rather than wait for Beniko to struggle with it.

I realize the purpose of the scene was to highlight Vaylins' relative strength in the force, but the way to portray that wasn't the best choice. It's as if people writing new content have no clue what transpired prior.

What I don't like is how Vaylin force-pushed open those doors that Beniko had a problem with. If you remember on Taris, our Jedi sage force-pushed open a heavy metal door, tore it to pieces, and Beniko could barely open the door. Knowing his ability, the first time Beniko failed to open the door, he should have said, "um, scuse me, I have the door" rather than wait for Beniko to struggle with it.

I realize the purpose of the scene was to highlight Vaylins' relative strength in the force, but the way to portray that wasn't the best choice. It's as if people writing new content have no clue what transpired prior.

My sorcerer was still clutching her side and kind of weak from the carbonite effects. Was the sage not affected by that?

Edited by hadoken

That's all very well, but my commando doesn't do so well in Force-powered door-opening contests. But yes, I thought of that, especially since the JC one was much, much heavier than this piece of junk. I dunno, maybe Lana was trying to open it in a way that didn't involve tearing it off its "hinges", so it would close again after.

For a while I thought Vaylin might have actually been the Sith Emperor; there was something about her that reminded me of him during the Ziost arc, and that Valkorian might be something different, a bit like how Revan was split in two. Judging by how the emperor fueled the war between the Empire and Republic as a part of his ritual for eternal life, then the war between Zakuul and the rest of the galaxy would fit in with that cycle, especially now that his power appears to be weakening.

My sorcerer was still clutching her side and kind of weak from the carbonite effects. Was the sage not affected by that?

She was, but the Consular moved a bigger door not long after becoming a Jedi knight. I don't see how you could fight your way out and not be able to move that door.

If Vaylin becomes a companion my toons will kill themselves or kill her instead.

She's a merciless and uncivilized brute, and should die like one.

She makes Arcann look like a philosopher's king and makes Darth Vader look like the friendliest Sith in history.

She's pure evil and must die!

If Vaylin becomes a companion my toons will kill themselves or kill her instead.

She makes Arcann look like a philosopher's king and makes Darth Vader look like the friendliest Sith in history.

Sounds like you've got a crush on her :p

Sounds like the kind of woman for my Sith Inquisitor.

It's pretty obvious she looks at him with contempt. And I get the feeling she's manipulating him every chance she gets. She's the real threat, not him.

She's just an evil b*tch that needs to die. Slowly.

She isn't really a manipulator, like the inquisitor, she's a simple powerhouse. Chapter three defiantly shows this well as she screws up the generator for really no reason.

She isn't really a manipulator, like the inquisitor, she's a simple powerhouse. Chapter three defiantly shows this well as she screws up the generator for really no reason.

They make sure that we know that Vaylin has +10 to puppy kicking written at least three times on her character sheet, yeah.

She's the Stupid Evil trope without the slightest decision thus far presented.