So could we have a romancable male Force-user (after all those years)?

Axcalion

Well I thought that Sith was not attractive at all, so I rejected him with my Sith Sorceress. And I let him die too.

Lord Draahg was the only really attractive male Sith in the whole game I think. I haven't seen a good-looking Jedi either.

My characters are like supermodels compared to the rest. :D

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, can we finally be able to romance the women as a female character? I want to swoon over Temple and Watcher 2 already. :cool:

They won't alter the vanilla content to allow same gender romances because it would take too long and the money/resources required to do so can always be better spent else where, however from 2.0 forward there have been same gender romance options.

The same gender romance options not happening in the vanilla game was the result of Lucasfilm/Lucasarts. They didn't want it in the (vanilla) game and since all the audio was recorded at Lucasarts for the vanilla game it was kind of hard to to get around that, however from 2.0 and onwards Bioware began recording everything in house which is why we've had them since then.

Well I thought that Sith was not attractive at all, so I rejected him with my Sith Sorceress. And I let him die too.

Same. And before the troll from the Koth thread comes in and says we just dislike him because he was black, get a life, i disliked him because he was ugly. And wearing a dress... :p

(When trying for "PC" options, This is attractive Bioware, not what i linked above, take notes!

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Indeed, now if it was someone who looked like Lord Draahg for example.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f4/Draahg.png/revision/latest?cb=20140526162800

Non-deformed/good-looking face, muscular and handsome.

Now then my Sith Sorceress might have felt tempted to flirt back and perhaps more. But if Bioware makes ugly npcs who try to flirt with me, no thanks.

Same. And before the troll from the Koth thread comes in and says we just dislike him because he was black, get a life, i disliked him because he was ugly. And wearing a dress... :p

(When trying for "PC" options, This is attractive Bioware, not what i linked above, take notes!

Given SWTOR's simple and cartoonish look using a picture of Wesley Snipes from Blade isn't really a good example of what Bioware should strive for since they can't really create a character that looks like that. You should be using examples of other video game character models or things with a similar art style ala The Clone Wars.

You can post as many pictures of Wesley Snipes, Blair Underwood, Taye Diggs, Idris Elba, etc, but it's never really going to help SWTOR's artists to design a character that looks like that.

Also Koth's female counterpart (Lana) isn't exactly a looker either ;)

Given SWTOR's simple and cartoonish look using a picture of Wesley Snipes from Blade isn't really a good example of what Bioware should strive for since they can't really create a character that looks like that. You should be using examples of other video game character models or things with a similar art style ala The Clone Wars.

You can post as many pictures of Wesley Snipes, Blair Underwood, Taye Diggs, Idris Elba, etc, but it's never really going to help SWTOR's artists to design a character that looks like that.

Oh i understand that, but i linked Mr Snipes to show that i am most definitly not "racist" in my attractions :D

there are actual attractive NPCs in game, Bioware just goes hardcore troll in the flirt department for the most part for female PCs...

Most I encountered, like the one linked above just made me cringe and go "Ewwwwww!" And "Nope!"

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Females must romance with Lana. Everything else is pure crap. It's a shame not having gay character in 2015, and devs should remove all straight romances from the game. My female characters are not some slu ts Edited by onegoldpls

There are dozen of ways to create an attractive male via the character creator, black or otherwise. Heck even most of the old LIs were at least decent. Theron is fine, yeah, but he is no powerful Sith or stalwart Jedi I would like to corrupt a bit :p:o

Darth Marr? A son? Doubt he can even put his armor off without dying, let alone get a partner. I mean he once executed an officer by letting him look at his face or something.

Darth Vader fathered his kids before he had to wear armor and mask, right?

A cool male force-user for us girls to romance would be great. Solas and Anders in Dragon Age were great and popular romances; why not add one for SWTOR, as well?

(incidentallty, "mage" male romances for girls for Mass Effect sucked, with Kaidan abandoning you in ME2, Thane dying, and Jacob being, well, Jacob).

Solas and Anders? Are you sure that's who you want them to emulate? They're a little high on the... um... mass-murdering scale. Though I guess that would work going dark side.

Better than any holier-than-thou knight in shining armor, that's for sure :p

Solas and Anders? Are you sure that's who you want them to emulate? They're a little high on the... um... mass-murdering scale. Though I guess that would work going dark side.

Anders was Alistair in a robe and Duncans ponytail... lol

But yeah him blowing up the chantry made me go Team Fenris.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I principle there is nothing wrong withit in itself, it is just strange when it goes up in an romance, that feels like gold digger behaviour or otherwise exploitative and thus it only feels wrong when it is not usually a trait of the character, but how she behaves in a relationship.

So, a woman that likes jewelry Is sexist?.... I don't understand that :p You DO realize that In real life women and men like different things right? Women like luxury things (jewelry etc) and men like other things (In game gifts like technology and stuff). It's not sexist at all, It's a PURE reflection of real life.

Edited by ProHazor

So, a woman that likes jewelry Is sexist?.... I don't understand that :p You DO realize that In real life women and men like different things right? Women like luxury things (jewelry etc) and men like other things (In game gifts like technology and stuff). It's not sexist at all, It's a PURE reflection of real life.

In my experience some people like jewelry, and some do not. My wife enjoys it a bit but if I really wanted to increase her affection for me I'd buy her a new computer, music software, or musical equipment (speakers, amps, bass guitars, etc.)

I think you're confusing a stereotype with real life.

This thread has been derailed a bit, could we talk more about male Force-users and related stuff and less about women liking jewelry?

I would like a male force user to gift me jewelry? :p But yeah, it's sad that there are no male force user romances :(

Females must romance with Lana.

No they don't.

Everything else is pure crap.

Subjective.

It's a shame not having gay character in 2015

There are plenty of video game characters now that are gay. Seriously where have you been?

In SWTOR Darth Cyhtarat is a gay only romance for male characters. Dragon Age Inquisition features Sera who is female only romance option, along with Dorian who is a male only romance option, while Iron Bull is bi, and actually bi instead of being player sexual.

and devs should remove all straight romances from the game.

The straight only romances were only part of the vanilla game and that wasn't Bioware's call, it was Lucasarts. The vanilla romances were originally written to allows same gender romances but they were removed from the game at the behest of Lucasarts since the Star Wars franchise had no same sex relationships.

My female characters are not some slu ts

Kinda hard to make that argument when you're demanding more romance options the way you are.

There are dozen of ways to create an attractive male via the character creator, black or otherwise. Heck even most of the old LIs were at least decent. Theron is fine, yeah, but he is no powerful Sith or stalwart Jedi I would like to corrupt a bit :p:o

I wasn't saying that you can't make an attractive character via the character creator, I was saying that SWTOR's art style is too simplistic to make someone that looks like Wesley Snipes (Idris Elba, etc) but then again prove me wrong. Show me that kind of fidelity in SWTOR's character creator, but I know that you can't make someone that looks like Wesley Snipes because SWTOR's character creator doesn't have that kind of fidelity. That was part of my point, not whether you could make an attractive character or not.

The other point being that there are attractive (black) male characters in various forms of media that have an art style just as simplistic or even more simplistic than SWTOR thus it would make more sense to use those as a reference and not a still frame from a live action movie who's look is impossible to replicate within SWTOR.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Ravage is so peevish. I dislike him immensely.

Vowrawn does have that mildly charming urbanity, but my favorite will always be Marr. I can't even bring myself to go through KotFE with my Sorcerer just yet, because of the... bad thing. :(

I agree, Marr is my favorite too. But I do enjoy Vowrawn and Ravage. Jadus too, even if he is batsh*t crazy lol.

Definitly Marr and Vowrawn.

Jadus had an ungodly sexy voice but he was kinda.. crazy... that voice though...

Although its no different liking crazy Jadus then all the guys drooling over Vaylin, and shes more nutso/homicidal then Jadus, Dark Side Jaesa, Kaliyo, and Scorpio combined...

Ravage i guess would work, better than Andronikos "Scrawny Mike Tyson" Revel... cmon Bioware, if you want to give us a tatted brother to cuddle, at least make him attractive...

Heres a nice reference :p

But yeah, Marr, Vowrawn, Scourge... gimme! :D

Bioware enjoys going "LoLTrooooooooool" to female gamers romancewise...

Let me point you to Baldurs Gate 2 and Anomen Delryn... cringeworthy doesnt even begin to describe it...

Kaiden in Mass Effect who dumps you in the beginning if ME2, oh and lets not forget Jacob from Mass Effect 2, who cheats on you in ME3 and gets her pregnant...

Even in KOTFE they show the favoritism in regards to making you wait til pretty much chapter 9 to get Theron back, but Lana is there right away...

Ugh Koth, he is the swtor version of a Nazi sympathizer... "I dont care that Valkorian killed billions of your people, they werent -my- people after all..." ugh G.T.F.O.... :mad:

I like your Andronikos model :D Blade! Woo!

But yeah, Marr, Vowrawn, Jadus, Scourge...he should've been romanceable. While I like Doc well enough, there would have been no comparison...Scourge would have won hands down. :D