Datacron Decorations do no longer drop after 4.0?

Drudenfusz

0-2 per quest from random enemy. Mostly 0-1 though.

Avg. a bit under 1 per quest.

That is how it used to be, but I run quite a few heroics after 4.0, but I got not a single one, so am I just unlucky or got something broken? Did you got any since the start of the expansion?

That is how it used to be, but I run quite a few heroics after 4.0, but I got not a single one, so am I just unlucky or got something broken? Did you got any since the start of the expansion?

I think its broken - or have been replaced with companion gifts. I get one datacron per 8-10 heroics. they used to be near guaranteed from champion mobs. now the only guarantee I have are companion gifts.

Drop rate has been altered but they still drop.

Back when Conquest was first released I ran the Voss heroics and was getting a datacron decoration drop at every turn, maxxed out the 50 in no time.

Ran through the Heroics on Voss a couple of days ago since 4.0 and got 1.

And a bank tab full of Ice Scrabbler Jerky :o

I've had maybe 3 datacron decorations drop from across all the heroics on all the planets (only the ones on Makeb left to do)

Yeah, it is annoying how often that stupid thing drops, and since everybody gets it there is zero chance to sell that thing on the GTN.

I havent ran a Heroic in a week...and I can honestly say that:

1) Jerky, DEAR GOD THE JERKY...now that the humor is over, out of an average of 10 green drops in story, I will recieve 5+ Jerky...In some cases Ive ran into 3 jerky drops in a row...Ill the recieve 1-2 Gifts....so maybe 2, 3 if Im lucky actual loot drops since 4.0 per 10 drops...

2) Blue drops...this is where I would get datacrons in story...I would get 1-2 on average per planet running story and not really chasing anything. Plus the usual blue Item drops...since 4.0 Ive recieved no datacrons, and no items...just blue companion gifts...sure could be rng, but as I play about 8 hours a day on multiple toons...thats some seriously crappy range...so maybe on average 3 Blue drops per Character Quest/Planetary story arc...that really crappy after 4.0...

3) Purple drops...used to get nice items to sell, or use...maybe 2 a day...now Ive gotten 3 since 4.0 ALL companion gifts...

Now in any other MMO I play, this would cause the community to freak out...but apparently this is EA/BW working as intended...

Nerf cash drops/Nerf Loot...OK...

• 4 months later...
Or Ice Scrabbler Jerky recipes, maybe.

We need more of that and Vectron Slicer schematics!

Ok, seriously, I haven't seen a datacron deco drop in AGES. Therewas this champion on Nar Shadaa (Brian the Durasteel Fist, a nod to Brian Fargo and Bard's Tale btw...) who'd ALWAYS drop a cunning datacron... and who was my go-to guy to fill my Yavin stronhold with torch-like thingies (sorry, bud). Well, no more.

Sad panda! :jawa_frown:

These used to be super common but I don't think I've gotten a single one since 4.0 dropped, and I've run a LOT of heroics. So if they still drop, they've become incredibly rare. I don't know why these items would end up on the rare list though. Can't think of any reason that that devs would suddenly want to control their flow into the game unless it was a mistake.

These used to be super common but I don't think I've gotten a single one since 4.0 dropped, and I've run a LOT of heroics. So if they still drop, they've become incredibly rare. I don't know why these items would end up on the rare list though. Can't think of any reason that that devs would suddenly want to control their flow into the game unless it was a mistake.

They do still drop and they are much more rare. They seem to have been replaced mostly with blue quality companion gifts.

Edited by branmakmuffin

• 2 months later...
I don't think I've seen a single one since 4.0. It's really disappointing because I want to have more to decorate my Force user compounds. I have a lot of green ones from grinding Voss heroics to max rep, but few blue/purple/red/etc. I have noticed the significant increase of companion gift drops. I'd rather have the decos come up a little more frequently...