Please remove level sync

Sewerus

personally i enjoy being able to help my lower level friends and not sap their XP, so no please do not remove it.

Wasn't that removed way before 4.0? At least I remember that they removed it from flashpoints.

Higher level one just didn't get any xp from it, only the good, warm feeling you get for helping someone else.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that removed way before 4.0? At least I remember that they removed it from flashpoints.

Higher level one just didn't get any xp from it, only the good, warm feeling you get for helping someone else.

It wasn't. 3.0 added solo mode to leveling Prelude & Rishi FPs, and tacticals have been around for a while. But the old legacy non-level syncing FP, HM & Ops system has always been there - right up to 4.0 when it got yanked completely. Edited by GalacticKegger

It wasn't. 3.0 added solo mode to leveling Prelude & Rishi FPs, and tacticals have been around for a while. But the old legacy non-level syncing FP, HM & Ops system has always been there - right up to 4.0 when it got yanked completely.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/3182014/2.6.2-patch-notes

"Resolved an issue that prevented Flashpoint group members from getting experience if grouped with someone outside of the listed level range of the Flashpoint. Now, defeating level-appropriate enemies will grant experience regardless of group."

If they remove Level Sync or 'MAKE IT OPTIONAL, every single Heroic for the Alliance 65 content could be done in maybe 1 minute at the absolute most.

It's not happening, guys.

Because heroics for new alliance stuff should be level 65 if they remove level sync / make it optional.

If you disable level sync alliance stuff should scale to level 65 and you can once again use your gear.

Now the gear is useless.

It was the same with GSI missions, they were max level, for example if you visit taris and do dreadseed stuff it was level 55 (max level).

Edited by -Spc

Because heroics for new alliance stuff should be level 65 if they remove level sync / make it optional.

If you disable level sync alliance stuff should scale to level 65 and you can once again use your gear.

Now the gear is useless.

Those heroics are exact same ones lower level characters have access to.

Yes, some of the heroics are instanced but some of them are in open world.

You ignore one thing: we can keep stats from our gear

How else you can explain level 18 having 110% accuracy? 34% crit chance?

Edited by Halinalle

I do not know, who's bright idea was to create to level sync, but please remove it.

The whole point of leveling is to make your character more and more powerful.

Now there is not point in getting better gear, since you can only have two levels above max level of the planet.

I was doing black hole, illum, belsavis solo and i like it, they cannot lost it relevant status years ago so what is the point of being challenging/semi challenging.

I hated it in guild wars 2 and i hate this here.

I want to feel that my character is powerful and you taken it from me.

In warcraft i can solo entire raids with ease.

Here i cannot even solo few champions that are 20 levels lower then me.

I do not see the point of leveling, getting new gear, advancing my character since it won't make a difference.

All changes in patch 4.0 looks awesome but this really puts me off.

I wanted to subscribe but this really puts me off. It is a game breaker for me.

PLEASE REMOVE THIS.

Thanks in advance.

So return to Warcraft where you are obviously happy, Bye.

PLEASE REMOVE THIS.

Thanks in advance.

As much as I agree, I don't think asking will work.

The following is a CONCEPT PIECE, but doesn't have practical parts because, well, facts people would tear it apart anyways.

The only way level-synch would be removed is if it becomes cost-ineffective to maintain :

1-Take an Oprah Winfrey (yeah, I'm dating myself) popularity level player. S/he has a non-EA board i.e. EA board mods can't stop the posts.

2-S/he then puts strategies that are built on level synch that puts the Risk / Time vs Reward way out of whack, forcing EA to do bans + patch to rework Level Synch.

3-Then, redo a new strategy that fits the patch changes in step 2-. Often. Force EA/BW to whack a mole the problem every single week (say). The cost are lost subs / CC purchases (due to bans), and time / resources for devs.

4-If revenue loss + time / resource loss is significantly high, they can either undo level synch, or close the game. IF...

As I said, no details.

Will it happen? No. Not at all. Not ever.

But in this imaginary world that exists only in my mind if level synch were to be removed, the above is how I'd see it happen. Asking will not work, sadly.

NOTE = I have a higher chance of seeing weeping angels fly out of my (where the sun don't shine) before the above happens, but there you go.

Edited by DalrisThane

Please, I challenge someone to give me a real downside that outweighs those benefits.

It makes content tedious, not challenging...

In the vast majority of situations, including the heroics, I can simply send my companion in to attack the mobs while I read the forums.

Companion wins, I do nothing. Oh sure, I can help by killing the enemies faster, but I can't die. I've now done all the heroics except Voss and Makeb, and haven't died once. You really would have to work at it.

Without the risk of death, why even bother? All level sync does is make it a boring grind, click, attack, click attack. I could do this while watching Netflix.

At least without it one could simply one click kill most things, three click kill champs. Now it is 3 click kill normals, 10 click kill elites, 20 click kill champs, same outcome, zero challenge.

It is boring. In some respects, it would have made more sense to sync you 2 levels lower than they did, to make it an actual challenge. Or perhaps 4 levels under, considering how over powered your companions are.

As it is, it is just boring.

It makes content tedious, not challenging...

I 100% agree, but as soon as that person put "outweigh", it became a value judgment and, you can't get a person to budge from a value judgment.

Ex: You could do math showing that instead of finishing the "kill 5,000 mobs" legacies in 2 hours, say, it now takes you 6 hours under level synch... the response will be "Still doesn't outweigh the bonuses".

I do believe the problems outweighs the benefits, TX_Angel, but I don't think you will find enough to agree here...

Edited by DalrisThane

Please don't remove level Sync.

Now personally I would like to see it expanded, and enhanced slightly.

I would love to see a "easy, normal, hard, very hard. and perhaps even insane' character setting options.

Normal exactly as is.

Easy perhaps raise level sync 1 level. For the very few that say some of it is too hard (mostly figure undergeared 'normal geated' doing Heroic+2 solo and havent learned optimized strategies, the one extra level will make a difference. Correspondingly reduce rewards (exp and loot) by 50%.

Hard, LOWER level limit by 1, increase loot/exp by small amount.

Very Hard lower limit by 2, increase loot/exp by small amount again.

Insane: lower limit by 3 (or maybe even 4), increase loot/exp by small amount again.

I do like chllanege, and I do like some of the old area's / fights / stories, so do like replaying.

It is not really entertaining (for me), to just walk through an area and everything dies from looking at me, a challange is better.

I personally like level sync, just wish you had some control on the difficulty so you could customize YOUR game expierence. (and heck make it subscriber only (and/or cartel ticket) to have setting 'tweeked'

It does feel good to get damaged in low level areas. Even Black Hole and Section X feel fresh again because I could get killed there again.

If my companion makes it too easy I send companion away.

Even if it's still too easy I try to find a way to make it challenging. Twin Saber Throw is good for this. :cool:

I took some damage, horrible!

Edited by Halinalle

Level sync deludes developers into recycling old content (kotfe) rather than creating new content.

A gamer who wants new stuff over old and recycled content should be in opposition to level sync.

Which must be the reason we got no new content from 60-65, right? Stop trolling.

I actually love the level sync. I finally get to do the heroics I missed out on because I was busy with my class stories etc. The ones that have been grayed out before now all have awesome rewards + the XP.

^ This. I think level synch was a brilliant addition to swtor. No longer outleveling content because I did too many flashpoints. And revisiting old planets with my level 65 main doing heroics I ignored because they were grey before is fun.

So please, Bioware, keep level synch and don't make it optional because worldbosses should be group content and not soloable.

If they remove Level Sync or 'MAKE IT OPTIONAL, every single Heroic for the Alliance 65 content could be done in maybe 1 minute at the absolute most.

It's not happening, guys.

So what?

Why should Bioware's hairbrained scheme to recycle old content nonsensically (go back in time and kill a bunch of people that we're trying to ally with now!) affect our opinion of levelsync?

If it makes some of the Heroics "too fast", Bioware only have themselves to blame for that issue.

That would allow soloing WBs. No thanks.

OH NO! :eek:

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Please do not remove level sync.

I personally love it. Besides you still crush lower level mobs even with level sync

If so, then what is the point?

You get more XP, in exchange for an increase in tedium, but not "difficulty".

Weren't many of the people vehemently opposed to optional sync upset about the idea that unsynced players might get "rewards" that they didn't "deserve"?

What issues has Level Sync caused you?

The only thing that you can no longer easily solo is World Bosses, lol.

I found I can no longer solo world bosses so thats a bit of decreased entertainment.

Then as you hinted to, along with not being able to solo world bosses, the level sync didn't really do much of anything so it goes into the category of "wasted development". BW wasted all that time putting in down leveling and accomplished nothing but stopping solo world boss kills and that could have been accomplished much easier and without forced down leveling. However, what it would do is support that massive 250K grind BW created because the game brought little else except that grind.

BW tried to fix something that wasn't broken and in turn just screwed things up. Things you were doing for 4 years in a game based on leveling up that were already entertaining BW seemed to think that entertainment should be lessened.

A game mechanic change that didn't mean Jack, decreased fun in the game so they could add in a grind and make you redo 4 year old content once the short story was complete.

Sorry but down leveling didn't help this game. If anything it made it less entertaining and that is something this game didn't need.

It has it merits as optional but not forced and "on" 24/7 when it doesn't make the game any better.

Edited by Quraswren