changing outfit for new companions(main characters)

onegoldpls

Honestly I couldnt take the story seriously anymore if I'd have my Lana wearing a bikini while taking plasmabolts to the face.

But that's just me.

Anyway, would like option to give Theron different boots. So + for this anyway, I'll just skip the bikini myself

Edited by Kiesu

Honestly I couldnt take the story seriously anymore if I'd have my Lana wearing a bikini while taking plasmabolts to the face.

But that's just me.

Anyway, would like option to give Theron different boots. So + for this anyway, I'll just skip the bikini myself

Theron definitely needs a change cloths. I mean, 5 friggin year wearing the same stuff.... :eek:

I wonder if it was just a blanket policy on all new companions because of how many of them are aliens that haven't been used as companions before.

Dunno, all I could come up with :p

I imagine the problem is a lot more simple than what you are suggesting.

They are probably just trying to figure out how to monetize the new companion outfits for the Cartel Market or new lock boxes.

Has their been a bioware reply that they really are going to fix this? Really hope so but haven't heard anything from bioware about it..

See nothing about this in patch notes - can we fix this???

Edited by drkwolfjj

I wouldn't call it a bug.....assuming BW/EA do Agile development, I'd call much of what we're seeing the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) i.e. to get the game out the door on time, the companions need to 'work'. Customizing is nice to have, but can come in a later release as 'new content' or 'bug fix' depending on how good a salesman your product owner is.

• 3 weeks later...
I am thinking that yes they were released with no custom options to get the game out in time, and I am also of the opinion that some of them may not be around at the last chapter so they didn't wanna waste the resources on companions that are gonna die anyway, even if its just a couple or one of them, since it would give it away if just companion a and b (that die) cannot be dressed but the rest can. Who knows though really, we are all just speculating at this point.

I want to put him in the B-100 cybernetic boots, cause as much as he got beat up just in SOR, there's no way he went 5 years without something horrible and disfiguring happening and those boots are just about the only Cybernetic gear piece that I actually like the look of.. :p

EDIT:

Their outfits are probably fixed due to the fact they feature in cutscenes heavily.

I think I also read that they are non-standard models, so the gear designed for players & older companions wouldn't fit them anyway.

See, I don't really buy in to that, because companions have always featured rather heavily in cutscenes (some more so than others) and with the exception of those with non-standard models (Khem, Blizz, droids) we've always be able to modify their appearance with gear.

Edited by OathboundCoH

EDIT:

See, I don't really buy in to that, because companions have always featured rather heavily in cutscenes (some more so than others) and with the exception of those with non-standard models (Khem, Blizz, droids) we've always be able to modify their appearance with gear.

That's true, but have you noticed that even if you change their weapons the cut scenes still show the original weapon. The "non standard models" theory makes sense in that light. Regardless of their reasons tho, I do hope this gets changed soon and we get to customize the new companions.

BUT I'LL ALSO BE VERY UPSET IF THE ONLY CUSTOMIZATION OPTION IS THA PRE-MADE OPTION :mad: (like the one used for treek, blizz, & Kem)

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

Considering that her face isn't covered, it wouldn't matter what she's wearing. :)

And, if her regular, cloth armor can be "force infused" to repell blaster bolts, so can her bikini.

(On the other hand, I wouldn't put her in a bikini, either.)

To be honest, I am not terribly interested in why the new companions can't equip armor. As far as I am concerned, it was simply a bad idea, and needs to be changed regardless of the reason it was implemented like this. I don't buy that it was "necessary" that they be virtually uncustomizable, as we've had customizeable companions for years.

Also, I'm a bit peeved that Theron didn't get a new look after 5 years. Lana gets a complete makeover, and Theron looks exactly the same, down to the shine of his boots? Unless it turns out he was in carbonite too, that is rather ridiculous. Pretty sure you can actually preview gear on him for this reason -- since neck-down his model has nothing unique -- yet we can't change his armor anyway. :mad:

Companion customization is a big deal to me. I spend a lot of time and money on clothing in game to give myself and my companion unique looks. It was a bit disheartening to say goodbye to Pierce in his great outfit and then to pick him up after chapter nine in an outfit that I couldn't change. Even though it's a nicely done outfit, I'm going to get tired of it quick.

A lot of us love this game because of the many levels of customization within it. I dearly hope the direction of customization doesn't end up as us buying a single item for the customization slot to put a new non-custom outfit on the companions. It would benefit everyone if this got figured out because I'm sure I'm not the only one that buys or acquires specific items for the sole purpose of dressing up the sidekick.

On a side note, I'd also appreciate it if the chest pieces for Vector and Scourge were fixed at some point.

Companion customization is a big deal to me. I spend a lot of time and money on clothing in game to give myself and my companion unique looks. It was a bit disheartening to say goodbye to Pierce in his great outfit and then to pick him up after chapter nine in an outfit that I couldn't change. Even though it's a nicely done outfit, I'm going to get tired of it quick.

A lot of us love this game because of the many levels of customization within it. I dearly hope the direction of customization doesn't end up as us buying a single item for the customization slot to put a new non-custom outfit on the companions. It would benefit everyone if this got figured out because I'm sure I'm not the only one that buys or acquires specific items for the sole purpose of dressing up the sidekick.

On a side note, I'd also appreciate it if the chest pieces for Vector and Scourge were fixed at some point.

You sure it is Pierce? I have different armor on multiple Pierce. He can be customized just swap them out.

To be honest, I am not terribly interested in why the new companions can't equip armor. As far as I am concerned, it was simply a bad idea, and needs to be changed regardless of the reason it was implemented like this. I don't buy that it was "necessary" that they be virtually uncustomizable, as we've had customizeable companions for years.

Also, I'm a bit peeved that Theron didn't get a new look after 5 years. Lana gets a complete makeover, and Theron looks exactly the same, down to the shine of his boots? Unless it turns out he was in carbonite too, that is rather ridiculous. Pretty sure you can actually preview gear on him for this reason -- since neck-down his model has nothing unique -- yet we can't change his armor anyway. :mad:

Hear hear.

They are looking into it. So soon you can have Lana wearing as little as possible,

As much as I dread seeing that, I would risk it to be able to dress her in her classic outfit (which I unlocked for that purpose only to discover she couldn't use any of it).

Also, wanted to bring Nico along with my Mercenary, but there is just something that looks so ridiculous about him in his freakin' hat and duster tanking for a merc in full mando gear that I just couldn't do it. It's such a weird thing to have bother me but it seriously does.