The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How will Jessa be handled

Kaisernick

"Generic" pre-KOTFE romance letter. For some reason you received them afterward, but they are sent (after a delay) after the romance is "over" (IE you've done all the convos).

For every companion (except for KOTFE companion) you have 3 romance letters. Then 1 for KOTFE.

that's weird, i finished her dialogues long ago. :confused:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actors for the coming chapters are included, at least some of them. For example Vette's actress, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Coming chapters. He was talking about seasons. That's something entirel different. I can put a voice actor into the seasons credits despite him only showing up at the end of it, but I can't put a VA into the seasons credits if he doesn't show up until season 2. Or did Game of Thrones mention the actor who played Oberyn Martell in season two? No, because he wasn't there yet. He was introduced in season four, thus he is in the season four credits.

Future chapters in season 1 can be accredited right now. Chapters within a new season can't.

"Im free, Im alive. Im more powerful than ever and I dont fear death, not mine, not yours. The worst happened, Im still here. Someone already seeks to replace you as the dark center of my universe. Why should I cry that youre gone, why write words to a dead man, why?"

This e-mail can be read in a lot of different ways, depending on which words and emotions the emphasis would be when acting it out. Another possible explanation would be the part I highlighted.

Indeed. Why would you write words to a dead man, considering you desperately try to tell yourself you feel nothing? Closure? Sorrow?

Note that someone seeks to replace the warrior, not actually has replaced the warrior. It seems our little Jaesa might have trouble finding closure or a solution. You can bet your sorry rear end that Bioware could use that as a reunification aspect. I think it's nonesense to assume that any companion might not return at all. There are a finite amount of LI re-introductions they can do in season 1, namely another six or eight. Otherwise the season would be too crowded or it would look desperate. I think we can assume that all the major LI characters will be brought back the same way SCORPIO was. Only a half-a**ed dialog without voice won't cut it, Bioware knows that.

Only a half-a**ed dialog without voice won't cut it, Bioware knows that.

My issue is this: we don't know. Are we going to stay subbed to find out, or will we unsubscribe until we know the game will play out how we want? Bioware hasn't told us either way.

I interpret this to mean she or others that many people want back will not be back, and they aren't saying anything in attempt to stop the drop in subscribers/revenue.

I'm just being pessimistic though. Feel free to ignore me ;)

Infact all romances may have found someone else, as Valkorion says In the mission "A Dream of Empire" Qoute: Left alone long enough, love will seek another.

Curiously, I read that as referring to my character. That said, on my from-1 she-Commando who's done this, I had letters waiting for me from Jorgan (saying that he missed fighting with his wife at his side) and Theron (expressing a related regret, since I had [Flirt]ed him into bed with her during SoR), so I'm still a little confused. What Aric will say about my character and Lana remains to be seen, though.

Theron didn't actually say anything at all about it when he showed up.

I interpret this to mean she or others that many people want back will not be back, and they aren't saying anything in attempt to stop the drop in subscribers/revenue.

There are three major issues with that mentality/assumption, if I may point that out:

The first issue is that, given the nature of the game, only the most diehard of cases will unsubscribe because they won't get a single companion back entirely. They can even get it back right now, no issue at all. It wasn't "taken" from them with 4.0, but merely said that they now have the possibility of also including it back into the story. Nothing changed prior to 4.0. Get to the terminal and receive your old LI, take the thought of her returning big time in the story as a bonus. That level of getting obsessed with a videogame character isn't healthy, even if that is just my rather (biased) opinion. Knights of the Fallen Empire has many aspects, both good and bad. Basing your subscriber status on the idea of a single companion from fourty-five old companions returning, no matter how important that companion is, is really idiotic. The only reason ever to stay subscribed to a game is because you enjoy what you are doing right now. I'm having a blast running through the SF stuff and leveling my alliance, courtesy to it being not more or less grindy than other MMORPGs. It's Star Wars and I enjoy it. There's no indication that my favourite LI is going to return anytime this season (Nadia), but I keep subscribing. Just unsubscribing because evidence for Nadia returning within the next few months is missing seems excessive, but to each his own.

The second issue is that I highly doubt the dropout of subscribers is due to certain companions missing from the game. Most of the returning players from pre-3.0 content probably don't care either way, seeing they don't had as much time forming connections with them for years. I think the recent "drop" in activity is due to multiple factors, some of those include time of year and content. The content is really repetitive, that's true. The expansion hit and was fun to most people who want Bioware storytelling, but farming an alliance isn't part of that storytelling. The game isn't more empty than before (even though a highly increased server capacity makes it appear that way on the server screen at first), it's just that the active playerbase has reverted back to the pre-4.0 point of "sustaining the game" instead of "being crowded.". The content locusts are gone and will return after the holidays, chapter X and all. This expansion was never intended to raise subscriber numbers for years, but to provide surges in numbers every three or four months. I think Bioware doesn't need to adress any subscriber issues because the calculation worked:

They'll keep the most hardcore playerbase subscribed to the game, which is also the playerbase most likely to spend extra money on the CM. That's enough to keep up a good revenue. Then you have a high amount of casual subscribers, spending 15€ two or three times a year to see the new chapters, or even 15€ continuously for six months until the season is finished.

The third issue is that they already said something, but people don't take that answer seriously. They have previously pointed out that nearly all of the companions will return in some form, one way or another. The fact that some characters have trouble coping with emotions (and we know perfectly well Jaesa would never admit to being desperately in love, even though the last sentence in the letter makes her appear needy) IC doesn't mean they are out of the picture completely.

Let's just counter that pessimism with some optimism: Even some of the most annoying and unused characters are back yet. Yuun and Talos come to mind. Those weren't at all fan favourites. Do you seriously think Bioware would choose to bring all the unimportant characters back and not cash in on the major nostalgia and emotional factor of reuniting with previous LI in dramatic scenes? Do you think they'd intentionally leave out a majority of the cash in value of old companions? :rolleyes:

Infact all romances may have found someone else, as Valkorion says In the mission "A Dream of Empire" Qoute: Left alone long enough, love will seek another.

And he mentions the fact that...

A reunion might yet be possible.

...a few sentences later. Not really a convincing point.

Edited by Alssaran

I think interpreting Jaesa's letter too literally is bad, it definatly came off as her way of greiving. when you read what she's actually SAYING, she's saying "... things are pretty good for me with you dead. I'm free and have no master to report to, I'm desired and have men lining up to meet me. I SHOULD feel awesome... so why don't I?"

Well the other "difficult" one will be khem/zash with the end of that companion story.

In terms of which Jaesa you will get outside of the warrior class, considering the instant 60's assume all imperial characters chose prominently dark side options in the class quests, I feel it will be the same case for Jaesa they will assume that the SW will have turned her dark as its more the DS thing to do, with perhaps a override for the warriors if they kept her LS.

How do we know this? has the Voice actress stated she definitely won't be back even if asked to?

With SW you do get DS Jaesa from what I read on forums with instant 60, but at same time SI defaults to light side title. In other words while I do think DS Jaesa is default due to Warrior default, it is not simply just always assume DS options.

EDIT: Could OP or some mod fix Jaesa name in thread name, somewhy current form reminds me of Jar Jar and that is not good :p

Edited by Chaloss

That level of getting obsessed with a videogame character isn't healthy

Eh. I see it as more akin to watching a TV show. People get attached to TV personas all the time, and while it my not be healthy, it sure seems to be the norm?

I don't watch TV, so I don't know who the current persona is but...the Kardashians ? People go nuts over that sort of thing, right?

If people aren't supposed to get attached to the videogame characters on some level why would a gaming company go to such lengths to get voice actors and build a story for them?

That being said, with as many blunders as Bioware seems to be making, I have to wonder what they're doing. Why waste the time and effort - I mean, a huge part of the SW story was chasing Jaesa across the galaxy. That's the story - and all of a sudden its not supposed to matter anymore?

If that's the way they want to "write their story", its not really one that I " want to read". If that makes sense?

Edited by Tarkashae

So far it seems all the letter are rather on the "you're gone, I'm off" side. Some more than other, but I think it's tied to the character itself.

I'm kinda scared, because the Mako letter was very similar. And I really like her.

Then, Jaessa is not the only companion with a double "personality" to deal with. And we already knows that the other one (Khem Val) is coming back (datamining I guess, but mostly ingame bug). So apparently it's not too much to deal with.

On the other hand, BW already favored one romance above all else by a large margin in ME3, pretty much relegating some to a single convo and a "I leave you, sorry !" thing. I just hope they won't pull a "Liara is da best" on us.

Genuine question : why ? As far as I know, SWTOR voice actor had a long term contract with Bioware, is there a special issue in this case ?

"Generic" pre-KOTFE romance letter. For some reason you received them afterward, but they are sent (after a delay) after the romance is "over" (IE you've done all the convos).

For every companion (except for KOTFE companion) you have 3 romance letters. Then 1 for KOTFE.

Actors for the coming chapters are included, at least some of them. For example Vette's actress, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

I haven't played it through on my warrior yet, but isn't vette one of the characters that has a line right at the very beginning of the expansion?

If people aren't supposed to get attached to the videogame characters on some level why would a gaming company go to such lengths to get voice actors and build a story for them?

Oh, don't get me wrong. Some form of attachment is alright. I'd even go as far as to say that the recent outcry over Jon Snow in Game of Thrones is a good indication of that. People get immersed into a story, that's completely fine. But when the only thing keeping them in a franchise/long term payment plan is a single character, I always feel a bit...estranged. Luke Skywalker is a good example. He is my favourite character from the sequel era, slightly ahead of Han. Would I be sad to see him die in Episode 7? Very much. But it wouldn't destroy the franchise for me. There are still so many other stories to explore and other characters to get invested into.

That being said, with as many blunders as Bioware seems to be making, I have to wonder what they're doing. Why waste the time and effort - I mean, a huge part of the SW story was chasing Jaesa across the galaxy. That's the story - and all of a sudden its not supposed to matter anymore?

Again: There is no indication that the story doesn't matter at this point. When Bioware wrote the KotFE story and did an interview about that, the lead writer clearly stated that companions were going to be introduced back into the story when the time was right. There wasn't some "metric data" stuff involved, they will introduce them back as they see fit for the story they want to tell. That meant some companions obviously had to come later. It seems Kaliyo, Vette and two others made the cut for season 1, while others now have to wait for the dozen plus chapters of season two. It was apparent from the beginning that some characters would come back later.

The letter you are referring to just doesn't state she isn't returning. Not in the slightest. As someone has previously pointed out, it gives off the vibe that she has difficulties accepting that she might be more in love with you and attached to you than she initially thought. There's another powerful Sith in her life. She has command over your powerbase. She is unrestrained. But why do her thoughts move to you? Why does she need to write to a dead man? That's not a sentence to indicate she isn't returning, but an indication that her eventuall return will be even more complicated than others. It isn't all cut and dry with her feelings, and the SW will probably have to make her aware of that.

The same goes for Mako. The letter indicates that she wants to retire, wants to leave it all behind. But I doubt that she could drop off the radar completely, even with her implants. My bounty hunter is the best hunter in the galaxy, with access to highly trained personnel like Theron Shan. If anyone can find her, it's him and Hylo.

If that's the way they want to "write their story", its not really one that I " want to read". If that makes sense?

It does. You are also free to close up shop and move on. That isn't even a negative comment or an insult, it's simply how things are. If you didn't like book two and don't want to read book three, that's your right. The same applies here. If you feel that the story isn't for you, you can move on.

But I want to point something out: There is no reason why Jaesa is more important to bring back than Nadia or Vette. It's simply the flow of the story that brought them back in season 1. If you feel that you can't bear that Jaesa will return later, then move on. But there's no compelling case for trying to make it sound as if Bioware is deliberately trying to destroy the story by re-introducing a certain LI earlier than others.

Edited by Alssaran

Well, devs DID say that our decisions during class story have far-reaching consequences in KOTFE story. So it is possible that they will check the database and spawn a dark or light Jaesa appropriate to the player characters history.

So how would that work in the case of one of my characters, who went full DS throughout the class story, and thereafter went full LS in "atonement" for her past actions?

If I ended up with a DS Jaesa, I wouldn't be too impressed, regardless of whether I've done work for the Imperials or not.

Vette already has new dialgoue with a Sith Warrior Outlander. That's why she's credited, not because she's (necessarily) coming back soon. Same with Kira, Iresso, Corso, Jorgan, Andronikos, Kaliyo, and Mako, which I believe covers all the ones who are credited but MIA.

Vette is included for the same reason Andronikos is, and I guess some others. In Chapter I of KotFE they are present. Andronikos is the one piloting your Fury if you're Inquisitor, Vette if you're Warrior.

Let's just counter that pessimism with some optimism: Even some of the most annoying and unused characters are back yet. Yuun and Talos come to mind. Those weren't at all fan favourites.

You, sir, take that back. Talos is a great character, indeed!!

Edited by Cicgnar

I did not read the spoilers in this thread as I have not started the new stuff on my Jug. I will say this, though. He's already claimed her once. If he meets up with her again, he will reclaim his property and they will once again bask in their bloody glory together.

If she isn't slated for return at all, I really would like to know so I can just get to that console and get her back that way. I wouldn't be happy about that but at least her ******* crazy beauty would once again be by the jug's side.

Also, out of curiosity since I've heard it mentioned several times already, and feel free to answer me via PM if you don't want to be too spoilery... but I've heard that Darth Imperious is the title you get as a LS Inquisitor... What is the title you get as a DS Inq then?

Also, out of curiosity since I've heard it mentioned several times already, and feel free to answer me via PM if you don't want to be too spoilery... but I've heard that Darth Imperious is the title you get as a LS Inquisitor... What is the title you get as a DS Inq then?

Darth Nox!

Darth Nox. :D

And a neutral gets Darth Oculus.

Edited by Callaron

that would be sad if Jaesa doesn't return.

I was waiting to see if she was going to invite more women to the party with us.

Remember she said to Vette "she doesn't mind sharing me with others"

But what I'm waiting for, is for Mako's return.

She sent everybody who married her a "Dear John letter" saying she quit. :eek::p

But Jaesa's not the only one fidgeting, Andreniko's is losing his mind wondering where is wife is? ;)

Jeasa is my favorite companion and I loved having her as my "apprentice". I am even debating if I should just grab her from the terminal, but I would also hate to ruin how they will bring her back, if at all.

One of the things for me is my force users WANT a force user companion, it is just how I like to play. Xalek has very little interest to me though. So far, the other force user companions are not customizable either, so they will not be used unless I am forced into it by the story. Plus, I will not bother to bring up their influence not knowing if some companions, like Lana, even stick around after KOTFE and I do not want to waste gifts on them.

Do others feel this way too? If so, would you get her from the terminal and not even worry if she returns or how she returns? I been on the fence on this one....

Do others feel this way too? If so, would you get her from the terminal and not even worry if she returns or how she returns? I been on the fence on this one....

I have decided that I will never use the companion terminal, I have only completed KoTFE once but I know its something I will never do, I will wait patiently for their "official" return.

I have decided that I will never use the companion terminal, I have only completed KoTFE once but I know its something I will never do, I will wait patiently for their "official" return.

I am totally with you on this but I would make an exception for Dark Jaesa because she is so deliciously fun if she was not coming back as part of the story.

My LS warrior couldn't care less about her because LS Jaesa is so boring.