The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

It's not PvEers chasing 4X that are the problem. It's the conquest point farmers, since now their only option is to do PvP for conquest points to get the mats to craft level 65 gear.

You guys chasing 4X for 20 matches are a drop in the bucket, we'll be dealing with this long after everyone has 4X because conquest is the only way to get Strategic Resource Matrix for crafting end game gear.

This x20

The devs have created dozens of subtle reasons for people to PvP recently. The people complaining about 4X/Pierce just haven't noticed because this is the first thing they care about.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the OP, I think it's a ridiculous thing to force pvp on people who have no inclination to do it. It's not good for anyone. The pvpers won't have their challenge, even if some of them don't necessarily require a challenge, and how many times are pvers supposed to take the abuse to their self esteem, just to get a companion? It's a game, it shouldn't be about making people feel bad or inadequate by forcing them to do something they don't want.

It's a mistake to force people into pvping for anything. It should be optional...there should be alternate ways of getting something. This is not the answer to the pvp issues you were looking for. :mad:

Edited by Lunafox

I think having optional companions gated behind various activities is ok as long as the companions don't themselves unlock something else down the road. I'm operating under the assumption that not getting Pierce will not prevent me from doing something else (like getting a different companion) later. I'm assuming these companions are merely for cosmetic options to adventure with, primarily.

"I'm a PvE only player".

If you are achievement or 100% completion driven, you will have to do some things you may not enjoy.

My achievement is to complete a PVE quest by doing PVE things.. I don't see the problem with that.. Companions are hardly a PVP anything.. They are strictly PVE.. So why must I PVP for a PVE companion?? That would be like forcing your to run Ops and HM's to get your PVP gear.. Kinda stupid isn't it??

Your logic is just a bit flawed.. Just saying.. :p

As a PvP player.... Qyzen Fess requirements is not better, maybe even worse than M1-4X.

I can't wait to see what kind of requirements are going to be in some of the companions that will hopefully become available tomorrow.

the qyzen quest is actually a heck of a lot more easier, doing just the quests on hoth using the clues only nets you 2k influence points which isnt very much, you have to go the route of world bosses as they net you far more points, about 3-4 wb in combination of the hoth targets is enough. thats the easy part, it can be done in a few hours if you are lucky to find groups at opportune moments.

with the pvp aspect in comparison, you need a certain amount of points and each match can offer you a varying amount because you dont know what will happen from one round to the next, ive done my share of pvp on a number of games and all of them are the same in that respect. so it could take you more than a few hours, perhaps days if it ends up going like that.

Here is a fair option.. NO PVP!!! Give us a PVE quest to get M1-4X and be done with it.. I am getting tired of Bioware attempting to force people to PVP.. If I wanted to PVP, I would.. I would get the gear and put some time into it.. But I don't.. I like the flashpoints and Ops.. All of which is PVE.. Heck there is a GSI daily that forces you to go into a PVP area to do a PVE quest.. For pete sake!! the only fair compromise here is to stop attempting to force people to do PVP.. Just saying..

Asking me to skip a cheevo is not fair nor a compromise.. :rolleyes:

PVP should be an integral part of the game. Buck up and move along little camper

Edited by GordoKhan

I can't wait to see what kind of requirements are going to be in some of the companions that will hopefully become available tomorrow.

I'm afraid of that too.

Don't put Alliance Comps behind anything else than Solo PvE please.

It's not the place to put mandatory FPs, WZs and Ops.

Add NEW characters that I don't care about for these people, don't make them Alliance Alerts, and I'll be totally fine.

Did 19 out of the 20 required Warzones already (20th just pop, in fact), and I can say it now: I hate PvP.

As a PvP player.... Qyzen Fess requirements is not better, maybe even worse than M1-4X.

Yeah, I don´t like the Qyzen requirement either but then again, it´s not companion I want anyway. Had they put the PVP requirement on Skadge, I wouldn´t have minded either... but Lt. Pierce is one of the few companions I really liked on Imp side.

Ideally there would be various ways to acquire each companion (one PvP, one PvE), but unfortunately they didn´t do it.

I agree with the OP, I think it's a ridiculous thing to require optional pvp for an optional companion on people who have no inclination to do it. It's not good for anyone. The pvpers won't have their challenge, even if some of them don't necessarily require a challenge, and how many times are pvers supposed to take the abuse to their self esteem, just to get a companion? It's a game, it shouldn't be about making people feel bad or inadequate by having an optional companion that requires PvP on them to do something they don't want.

It's a mistake to Give a optional companion that requires people to pvp for anything. It should be optional...there should be alternate ways of getting something. This is not the answer to the pvp issues you were looking for. :mad:

Sorry, this is probably going to look/sound really mean, and I generally like you and your posts. However, I'm seriously at my limit with this 'forced' nonsense. These companions were obviously redesigned as PvP rewards, they gain influence from continual PvP participation after they are acquired, they stand by the PvP terminals, (even though I wish they didn't because I can't see my pretty cutsomizations on them), the obvious purpose of this is to gte new players, returning players, and players who have never done PvP to try PvP. Making that part optional not onlt defeats the purpose but invalidates all the work that went into it. It will not kill anyone to either a) Play pvp matches for the companions b) skip getting those particular companions. Anymore than it will kill all the people who will never be able to acquire Nico Okarr no matter what they do.

Don't want to PvP? Won't PvP for a companion? That's fine, 100% fine, but you do not need him to progress in the storyline or the alliance system. So you can not acquire this one just like its an optional to kill or not acquire other companions in the alliance system.

Edited by Billupsat

I'm afraid of that too.

Don't put Alliance Comps behind anything else than Solo PvE please.

It's not the place to put mandatory FPs, WZs and Ops.

Add NEW characters that I don't care about for these people, don't make them Alliance Alerts, and I'll be totally fine.

Did 19 out of the 20 required Warzones already (20th just pop, in fact), and I can say it now: I hate PvP.

It'd be nice if they removed PVE or just removed companions all together. At this stage all comps are the same other than skins. Do you really need 20+ comps?

Nobody said you had to do any of it.. It is all PVE.. In fact 99% of an MMO is PVE.. If you don't like PVE then don't play an MMO.. Go play Battle Front..

That is what you miss.. I like PVE and I want to play PVE.. I just don't want to be forced to play PVP.. And no.. I didn't buy Battle front for that very reason.. The companions are strictly for PVE.. They have no PVP purpose what so ever.. Demanding people to PVP to get a companion is like demanding you to do Ops and HM's to get PVP gear.. It isn't appropriate..

More flawed logic from a PVP'er.. :rolleyes:

Sweet GSIsus, You. Are. Not. Forced. Noboby is forced. M1-4X and Pierce are 100% optional, you don't have to have them, there are 2 dozen other companions you can get doing just PvE. If you don't want to PvP whatsoever, guess what, you don't need those 2 companions who are obviously supposed to be PvP oriented this go round, they even gain influence for every match you win after you receive them.

You don't want to PvP? Guess what? You don't need that companion, simple as that, end of story. Nobody is forcing you to PvP anymore than they are forcing the PvP players to PvE, except guess what they have to, to get any of the companions except Pierce and 4X. The entitlement of the forum masses never ceases to amaze me.

/end rant.

All the alliance stuff is 100% PvE based, it makes absolute NO sense that it requires PvP to obtain.

People like PvP I get that I really do but just because someone like something does not mean everyone will like it I have said several times before I play this game for PvE story only, when I want to play others I play battlefield 4 or I can pick up Battlefront when it comes out.

Besides which PvP players stay away from certain classes due to them being "chopped liver" in PvP scenarios as classes are far from balanced, even if we were to want to PvP to obtain these companions by entering into warzones in sub optimal classes with no experience of PvP is hardly going to make people want to PvP in future if anything it will be a complete turn off and exactly the opposite of what most of the PvP'ers on this tread seem to think people won't be back.

My achievement is to complete a PVE quest by doing PVE things.. I don't see the problem with that.. Companions are hardly a PVP anything.. They are strictly PVE.. So why must I PVP for a PVE companion?? That would be like forcing your to run Ops and HM's to get your PVP gear.. Kinda stupid isn't it??

BW made companions an everything thing. They are used for crafting, which is used to make money, which is needed to PvP or PvE. Sorry to say, completing group content in this game will not net you enough credits to perform in end game content. It has to be supplemented with CM stuff, crafting, dailies, playing the GTN, etc. So if a player crafts, they need to get these companions (and raise their influence), none of which can be obtained via crafting.

So please, just because this one instance is a game mode you don't like, doesn't mean there aren't other companions forcing players to do other things they don't want to do. Play the game or don't. It's totally optional.

It isn't a PvE quest, M1-4X is a PvP quest that awards a PvE companion that PvP'ers can use for OWPvP and gain influence with doing PvP. Just because it shows up in your alliance menu does not mean its a PvE quest.

Edited by Billupsat

All the alliance stuff is 100% PvE based, it makes absolute NO sense that it requires PvP to obtain.

People like PvP I get that I really do but just because someone like something does not mean everyone will like it I have said several times before I play this game for PvE story only, when I want to play others I play battlefield 4 or I can pick up Battlefront when it comes out.

Besides which PvP players stay away from certain classes due to them being "chopped liver" in PvP scenarios as classes are far from balanced, even if we were to want to PvP to obtain these companions by entering into warzones in sub optimal classes with no experience of PvP is hardly going to make people want to PvP in future if anything it will be a complete turn off and exactly the opposite of what most of the PvP'ers on this tread seem to think people won't be back.

People have replied to this thread saying that they'd never PvP'd before and actually enjoyed it and will probably PvP again in the future. That is Bioware's goal with these companions, in time we'll see if works or fails, until then, don't expect any changes to these companions anymore than you can expect levelsync to be made optional.

It isn't a PvE quest, M1-4X is a PvP quest that awards a PvE companion that PvP'ers can use for OWPvP and gain influence with doing PvP. Just because it shows up in your alliance menu does not mean its a PvE quest.

you are 1,000% wrong sir. The alliance system is a continuation of the KoTFE storyline which certainly is a PvE quest, if its a PvP quest then simply remove it from the Alliance system.

Edited by Jedi_riches

I don't like PVP. If I liked it, I'd already do it.

As it is, if I want Pierce as a companion, I'm going to have to go in and sit there and lose 20 times. Because, let's face it, I'm not good at PVP and I'm going to be a hindrance on my team. Because I don't like PVP and I'm only there because of the quest.

This means, I'm going to get yelled at and blamed for the loss.

This means, I'm going to like PVP even less.

This means, once the quest is done, I'll be even less inclined to PVP.

So, if your attempt is to get more people PVPing, I might suggest taking a path that doesn't push us even further away from PVPing.

But, hey, whatever. I'll be over here afking in warzones and occasionally shooting something so I don't get kicked.

My experience exactly!

Before those 20 Warzones (Just got roflstomped for the last one), I merely disliked PvP. It wasn't something I enjoyed doing outside of guild stuff with my Sith Assassin.

Getting 4X on my Sentinel has been litteraly 3 days of getting chain killed, not accomplishing a single damned thing and providing exactly zero fun.

But at least it's over, right?

Wrong, because now that's done, I have at least 15 more characters that may have to go through that painful slog of dull and unfunny WZ grind.

And, in fact, double wrong because now that there is a precedent, how do I know Bioware isn't suddenly going to plague my Alliance window with alert requiring to play non Alliance content just to make sure I'm not missing out?

you are 1,000% wrong sir. The alliance system is a continuation of the KoTFE storyline which certainly is a PvE quest, if its a PvP quest then simply remove it from the Alliance system.

Yes. The alliance system is a continuation of a PvE quests. That however, does not mean that PvP quests can't be tied to it, which is precisely what was done. Or is the requirement for that particular quest not complete 20 warzones? If it looks like a PvP quest, and sounds like a PvP quests, guess what... ITS A PVP QUEST! An optional one at that, that players don't have to do, except none of them seem to have the basic common sense to realize this.

These companions were obviously redesigned as PvP rewards, they gain influence from continual PvP participation after they are acquired, they stand by the PvP terminals, (even though I wish they didn't because I can't see my pretty cutsomizations on them), the obvious purpose of this is to gte new players, returning players, and players who have never done PvP to try PvP.

I haven't done any of the new content yet, but did you say you gain influence with them by doing PvP matches after you acquire them?

So would that not make them PvP companions, not PvE companions since they acquire influence via PvP?

So Bioware gated PvP influence tracked companions behind PvP, amazing concept. So all those arguing about removing the PvP requirement, can you also now argue about removing the requirement to do Ops to get rare mounts, and titles then please and I'll support your drive to remove PvP from these companions.

Wrong, because now that's done, I have at least 15 more characters that may have to go through that painful slog of dull and unfunny WZ grind.

Only 15 :p, I always wanted to have each A/C for each gender totalling 32 characters less 8 as they would automatically qualify to get them without the PvP requirement so 24 characters so barring some luck that means I would need to do a total of 480 warzones, I don't even relish the though of 1.

I haven't done any of the new content yet, but did you say you gain influence with them by doing PvP matches after you acquire them?

So would that not make them PvP companions, not PvE companions since they acquire influence via PvP?

So Bioware gated PvP influence tracked companions behind PvP, amazing concept. So all those arguing about removing the PvP requirement, can you also now argue about removing the requirement to do Ops to get rare mounts, and titles then please and I'll support your drive to remove PvP from these companions.

To clarify on a point. Yes, after you do 20 warzones and acquire M1-4X/Pierce you can gain influence with them by doing warzones. I think its just + 500 for wins though, but it might also include +250 for losses as well.

It's very simple:

Pve'rs don't want to pvp because they don't like it.

Pvp'ers don't want Pve'rs doing pvp because they have 1000 expertise, die in 2 secs, don't know how to play objectives and just get gestroyed over and over.

Doing warzones at level 65 now is just asking for a bullet in the head, EVERY match 4~5 people with 59k HP when fully pvp geared is about 67~72k.

I blame the Pve'rs?? NO.

I blame BIOWARE, again, messing up things we always told them not to do since BETA: Do NOT force PvP.

Then you say "it's a matter of choice, you don't have to do pvp if don't want to". Well, a companion is all about PvE, some people love that companion. Why the hell Bioware put a pvp aspect on it? Both are unhappy with this.

EDIT: Some people just don't get my point(maybe a language barrier, english is my 3rd language).

Example: you're in a raid and 2 guys are doing everything wrong, waking up sleeping targets, standing on bosses marks etc etc... Do you want these kind of player on your raid group? NO.

This is whats happening in warzones right now, pve players getting destroyed, not even bothering on how to play objectives, having 1000 expertise.. You want this guy on your pvp team? NO.

I hated every moment getting all the datacrons, but I wasn't MESSING WITH OTHER PEOPLE's game. Understand now?

So I suggest to change the method to get this companion. It's not even full release and there's 4+ pve players on my team EVERY warzone. I don't blame them.

Stick on a green set you get from questing when you go in and voila, you are on par with everyone else. Too good of pve gear is bad for your totals in WZs. Learn this! Beyond that, keep teh restrictions in place! These are companions that are FROM one side or the other. We don't need more pve content for it! We have that... TONS of it! GEtT over it an suck it up buttercup!

I don't like PVP. If I liked it, I'd already do it.

As it is, if I want Pierce as a companion, I'm going to have to go in and sit there and lose 20 times. Because, let's face it, I'm not good at PVP and I'm going to be a hindrance on my team. Because I don't like PVP and I'm only there because of the quest.

This means, I'm going to get yelled at and blamed for the loss.

This means, I'm going to like PVP even less.

This means, once the quest is done, I'll be even less inclined to PVP.

So, if your attempt is to get more people PVPing, I might suggest taking a path that doesn't push us even further away from PVPing.

But, hey, whatever. I'll be over here afking in warzones and occasionally shooting something so I don't get kicked.

Or you could, you know, pew pew at some stuff the same way you do in PvE and try and win. Maybe click on something if it has blue highlighting and see what happens? Listen to the announcer tell you how to play before the warzone starts?

Honestly, change the requirement to 3-5 wins so it can be done quicker and makes people actually try. I don't see Qyzen's quest telling you to attack 20 world bosses counting each kill as 5. Talos doesn't tell you to search for relics for 20 min or find 5 relics. They made the quest easy to complete by merely showing up and people still complain. As if all PvE players want to kill world bosses, random champions, search for relics, or any other quest that is available.