The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

Given that 99% of the game is gated behind PVE, what's the problem here ?

There are numerous cosmetic items I quite fancy, but will never get, because they are gated behind PVE.

I would quite like Senya as a companion for my main, but since he will never do KotFE, I can't get her, can we change that please?

See not all of the playerbase is purely PVE so having rewards for PVP stuff is completely fair.

Stop crying about an optional quest people jesus.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See not all of the playerbase is purely PVE so having rewards for PVP stuff is completely fair.

Stop crying about an optional quest people jesus.

People would complain less (I can't say they wouldn't complain, that's not true) if it wasn't part of the Alliance system.

Take it out of there.

Or better, make a NEW companion for PvP (Like Baron Deathark, come on, Steve Blum voices everyone!) and don't put THAT into the Alliance.

Edited by Leklor

That grind was excruciating. And to think, most of my characters will have to do that at some point. smh

Again, I like to PvP. It's fun with certain characters. With others, it is horrid. And my problem really isn't with like/dislike of PvP. It's the fact that "forcing" (because that's what BW is ultimately trying to do) people into these matches makes no sense from a story standpoint. And it takes people into a type of game play that is irrelevant to the story and task at hand. Pierce wants you to prove your worth or whatever. Why can't they just make another stupid "Go to place X and kill Y amount of enemy" mission?

The reward, a companion, is not even PvP-related. If they want to get people to try PvP or give a (much needed) reward to PvP players , why not make it something totally new and different? Or make it, you know, something that could be used or equipped in PvP matches.

:mad:

And here, just like I said. You don't and won't ever understand. It's not about it being "required". It's the principle: Locking story content behind PvP is not the way to make me play PvP (Insulting me isn't the way either, FYI).

In fact, I played one warzone just now. You know what? I got chain killed, I was useless, I pissed off my teammates, it pissed me off. Excellent way to make me enjoy the game: I either have to force myself to play a part of the game I loathe, keep the quest taunting me in my log, never to be completed, or never start it and permanently have a glowy "Followers and Contact" icon until the end of time.

Taunting PvE players isn't the way to make them play PvP either. It's just the best way to get "sitters" (What I'm probably gonna do in my next Warzones) in your team ruining your experience.

BTW, the terminal doesn't work as of now. So it's not a solution. And that's just for troopers and Warriors (For Pierce). That means if I want to max out my Alliance on all my alts, I'll have to play between 200 to 400 Warzones in total (That number being probably closer to the second one because I'm a burden to my team and fill up a spot a skilled player could occupy instead). What was your first sentence? Ah yes, "a little PvP". Well, next time think before you write stupid things like that.

I totally agree with this - PvP has no place in an MMO, Period. PvP'ers have Counterstrike. Battlefield, Star Wars battlefront ... MMORPG is supposed to be an RPG first & foremost ... in my humble opinion.

Thus there should NEVER be ANY content (Required or Optional) which forces a PvE player to undergo 'forced' PvP in order to aquire ... PvP'ers just wanna kill stuff - like neanderthal cave dwellers - hit it til it dies - "Me hit, Me Big! Me Strong!" mentality ... why are they always the Vocal Majority on the forums & the minority in-game yet the stupid Dev's seem to think they are a majority due to the noise they make on the forums ... PvE & PvP are totally seperate gamestyles ... if you must have them in your game to boost subs keep them well away from the PvE elements & story elements & that includes all & anything to do with any aspect of the game that does not soley work for the PvP part of the game - PvE'ers want the story - Pierce + MX are part of that ... PvP'ers just want to kill sh*t to make them feel big & strong, so WHY cross that line?

Of course PvP'ers want to keep this, easy prey makes them feel strong! Put them all on a seperate server away from PvE and let them kill each other to their hearts content & leave the primary PvE players to play their game.

PvE and PvP are two totally seperate gamestyles - and never the twain shall meet.

People would complain less (I can't say they wouldn't complain, that's not true) if it wasn't part of the Alliance system.

Take it out of there.

Or better, make a NEW companion for PvP (Like Baron Deathark, come on, Steve Blum voices everyone!) and don't put THAT into the Alliance.

Except there is and will be millions of alliance companions anyway so not having one is not the end of the world for ANYONE.

Personally I've already killed a few and I will not cry about it. Might as well had sent M1 and Pierce to the battlefielf to fight forever never to be seen again. sigh

Roleplay people, it exists, it doesnt have to be written out for you by game dev.

It's the fact that "forcing" (because that's what BW is ultimately trying to do) people into these matches makes no sense from a story standpoint.

M1 and Pierce have no effect to the story. They're there for completions or appearance sake.

You're basically complaining you cant get Nexu mount because you'd be "forced to do Ranked".

Its not forced. Its optional. Its cometic. You want it you do it. You dont care that much you dont.

Edited by Kiesu

Those players can skip the quest. It isn't required to continue, they aren't 'forced' to PvP.

Is this truly optional? it seems like alerts have a tendancy of not showing you other alerts unless you complete them first. qyzen's stupid jagganath alert comes to mind in it's insistance that you're not allowed to attempt lokin's alert until you complete it. Who's to say this PvP alert isn't unreasonably blocking access to some other desirable companion in the future?

Is this truly optional? it seems like alerts have a tendancy of not showing you other alerts unless you complete them first. qyzen's stupid jagganath alert comes to mind in it's insistance that you're not allowed to attempt lokin's alert until you complete it. Who's to say this PvP alert isn't unreasonably blocking access to some other desirable companion in the future?

If that turns out to be true, then we'll have something to discuss, until then. Its 100% optional.

It should be removed or at least lowered to 5 or something.

Bioware i was abused and called all kinds of things when i did it.

because i had never done pvp before and did not have the gear.

It was horrible and i don't think pvp players should mix with pve players.

Edited by Heromofo

I am not a fan of PVP. But I am not going to back the PVE players that are complaining about this.

There has almost ALWAYS been items from the PVP vendors that are as good as or better than same lvl PVE gear. PVP is the fastest way to get a level accurate hilt or barrel at end game. Often times the pvp relics are an improvement over their PVE counterparts.

You do not HAVE to get that companion. There is nothing that says you have to acquire every companion out there (even if it was one you had before).

So, if it's almost always been useful to do some pvp and you still do not "have" to do pvp now. Then the complaint is really "i want XXX but I do not want to do PVP to get it." That doesn't wash with me. If you want a college degree you dang well better pass your courses. If you want that specific companion then I guess you are going to have to do some pvp.

Now, having said that. Why punish yourself doing it all at once. If you don't like pvp content. Pick up the daily and weekly pvp quests and just the daily quest. It might take a week or more to get the companion that way but it will be less brutal, you might even get lucky and win a few matches AND you will have pvp comms left over to buy yourself a reward for all that effort. That's called making omelets out of broken eggs. Try it sometime.

It's very simple:

Pve'rs don't want to pvp because they don't like it.

Pvp'ers don't want Pve'rs doing pvp because they have 1000 expertise, die in 2 secs, don't know how to play objectives and just get gestroyed over and over.

Doing warzones at level 65 now is just asking for a bullet in the head, EVERY match 4~5 people with 59k HP when fully pvp geared is about 67~72k.

I blame the Pve'rs?? NO.

I blame BIOWARE, again, messing up things we always told them not to do since BETA: Do NOT force PvP.

Then you say "it's a matter of choice, you don't have to do pvp if don't want to". Well, a companion is all about PvE, some people love that companion. Why the hell Bioware put a pvp aspect on it? Both are unhappy with this.

EDIT: Some people just don't get my point(maybe a language barrier, english is my 3rd language).

Example: you're in a raid and 2 guys are doing everything wrong, waking up sleeping targets, standing on bosses marks etc etc... Do you want these kind of player on your raid group? NO.

This is whats happening in warzones right now, pve players getting destroyed, not even bothering on how to play objectives, having 1000 expertise.. You want this guy on your pvp team? NO.

I hated every moment getting all the datacrons, but I wasn't MESSING WITH OTHER PEOPLE's game. Understand now?

So I suggest to change the method to get this companion. It's not even full release and there's 4+ pve players on my team EVERY warzone. I don't blame them.

You know I totaly agree with this I mean why force "us non-pvpers" to pvp just to get MI-4X I mean come one I tried 3 matches lost all 3 because of no pvp gear one and plus I hate doing pvp so I wasn't really trying so and it made no since to me,,, So basicly we a "meatbags" going getting farmed by the pvpers x20 just to get this guy!?!? Great,, That smart guys,,, If they don't change this then it looks like I'm not getting him because I will "NOT" do pvp again and just end up getting farmed... Edited by Legolose

Hmm I've never done any Warzone in SWTOR so:

- Can you queue for the Warzone naked and use dance emote inside?

- How long does a Warzone last?

- Can you queue as full group ? I'm thinking it would be the best solution for PvE players who just want in for the companion. A full team of naked dancing players. Then everybody is happy. Nobody in team to complain, and the opposite team gets easy points. Do it 20 times and done.

I'd join you for this!

I don't PvP either, and I'd love to just sit in a warzone and dance my way through the 20 matches.

I totally agree with this - PvP has no place in an MMO, Period. PvP'ers have Counterstrike. Battlefield, Star Wars battlefront ... MMORPG is supposed to be an RPG first & foremost ... in my humble opinion.

Thus there should NEVER be ANY content (Required or Optional) which forces a PvE player to undergo 'forced' PvP in order to aquire ... PvP'ers just wanna kill stuff - like neanderthal cave dwellers - hit it til it dies - "Me hit, Me Big! Me Strong!" mentality ... why are they always the Vocal Majority on the forums & the minority in-game yet the stupid Dev's seem to think they are a majority due to the noise they make on the forums ... PvE & PvP are totally seperate gamestyles ... if you must have them in your game to boost subs keep them well away from the PvE elements & story elements & that includes all & anything to do with any aspect of the game that does not soley work for the PvP part of the game - PvE'ers want the story - Pierce + MX are part of that ... PvP'ers just want to kill sh*t to make them feel big & strong, so WHY cross that line?

Of course PvP'ers want to keep this, easy prey makes them feel strong! Put them all on a seperate server away from PvE and let them kill each other to their hearts content & leave the primary PvE players to play their game.

PvE and PvP are two totally seperate gamestyles - and never the twain shall meet.

Good thing your opinion has no bearing on the situation. Just because you don't think that PvP belongs in MMO does not mean it has no place in it. Also, not a PvP'er, I'm mainly a story player but I also engage in other activities such as PvP and Operations, and even GSF from time to time. The point of these companions which seems to pass over so many people's heads is to reward people with diverse playstyles. Your playstles isn't as diverse? You don't get all the cookies in the cookie jar. Just because this is a story focused MMO doesn't mean Bioware wants to drop all the other aspects, and they have said as much. These 2 companions exist to encourage people to PvP, there quests were designed for this exact function. However, for you and those like you, they also made the quest completely optional and able for people to not do and not miss anything, other than what amount to a cosmetic item/pet/mount. Yes, companions now fall into this category.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
calling out

You know I totaly agree with this I mean why force "us non-pvpers" to pvp just to get MI-4X I mean come one I tried 3 matches lost all 3 because of no pvp gear one and plus I hate doing pvp so I wasn't really trying so and it made no since to me,,, So basicly we a "meatbags" going getting farmed by the pvpers x20 just to get this guy!?!? Great,, That smart guys,,, If they don't change this then it looks like I'm not getting him because I will "NOT" do pvp again and just end up getting farmed...

Good thing the quest is optional...

Good thing your humble opinion has no bearing on the situation. Just because you don't think that PvP belongs in MMO does not mean it has no place in it. Also, not a PvP'er, I'm mainly a story player but I also engage in other activities such as PvP and Operations, and even GSF from time to time. The point of these companions which seems to pass over so many people's heads is to reward people with diverse playstyles. Your playstles isn't as diverse? You don't get all the cookies in the cookie jar. Just because this is a story focused MMO doesn't mean Bioware wants to drop all the other aspects, and they have said as much. These 2 companions exist to encourage people to PvP, there quests were designed for this exact function. However, for you and those like you, they also made the quest completely optional (a concept MajikMyst doesn't seem to grasp) and able for people to not do and not miss anything, other than what amount to a cosmetic item/pet/mount. Yes, companions now fall into this category.

We could say the same about your opinion.. Just saying... :cool:

I grasp more than you think.. But I am not the one throwing insults and being rude or calling others out without cause..

Hmm I've never done any Warzone in SWTOR so:

- Can you queue for the Warzone naked and use dance emote inside?

- How long does a Warzone last?

- Can you queue as full group ? I'm thinking it would be the best solution for PvE players who just want in for the companion. A full team of naked dancing players. Then everybody is happy. Nobody in team to complain, and the opposite team gets easy points. Do it 20 times and done.

I'd join you for this as well.. We can at least try to make it fun.. :p

I grasp more than you think.. But I am not the one throwing insults and being rude or calling others out without cause..

I'm sure you think you are not insulting at all for thinking PVP players should not get any unique rewards whatsoever just because you dont like it.

Given the insane number of companions in 4.0 not getting M1-4X does not in anyway put you at a disadvantage. Troopers can get him back automatically as an original class companion as well.

I dont see a problem with getting people to do 20 warzones. Its not like they're forcing you to goto Smugglers den and get repeatedly ganked for hours at a time just to pickup a part like they did with HK. I'm no PVPer either but I did my 20 warzones and got M1-4X, if you'd just shut up and do what you have too you'll get through it a lot quicker than trying to read this thread:P

Finally having also done the trooper storyline it fits perfectly with M1-4Xs story line to have him want you to go and give it to the empire.

Except I'm not trying to make my opinion matter more than other people's. I'm merely pointing out faults in logic, and stating the design function of these specific companion missions, not to mention reminding people that these quests and companions are all optional.

Oh, and calling people out (Like you) when they think that their 'opinions' and 'feelings' matter more than other peoples.

Honestly, you're just the easiest to point out because you've demonstrated everything I've mentioned a multitude of times. Sorry if you don't like being an example.

I don't get all the complaining over ONE companion. For LITERALLY every other companion since the beginning of the game you have had to PvE to unlock. Pre 4.0 you HAD to complete PvE class missions to unlock EVERY companion except Treek. H-K required a long drawn out quest line and made you run 2 different FPs before you could unlock him to buy. So tell me again how you having to do 20 WZs is SUCH an inconvenience :rolleyes:

I'm sure you think you are not insulting at all for thinking PVP players should not get any unique rewards whatsoever just because you dont like it.

And where did I ever say that?? Please quote??

I never made such a statement.. Reading would be nice..

No.. I am not insulting.. I have held the position that you are entitled to your opinions and we are entitled to ours.. How can anyone possibly be insulted by that??

And where did I ever say that?? Please quote??

I never made such a statement.. Reading would be nice..

No.. I am not insulting.. I have held the position that you are entitled to your opinions and we are entitled to ours.. How can anyone possibly be insulted by that??

That's quite a turnaround from yesterday when you were saying that your opinion was the 'right' one and the rest of us were 'wrong.'

Nope.. I said it then to... See for yourself.. ;)

Doesn't change that you still referred to your opinion as the 'correct' one, and when I do go back and look I'll be sure to see if that match up to what appears in the various people who quoted you to ensure you haven't made any 'edits.'