Level Sync; Your reactions?

T_Zero

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually quite fine with it. I was a little pensive at first, and then thought about it for a while, as to how it would actually affect the gameplay. I'm not one-shotting mobs anymore, rather I'm taking them down in 2-3 hits instead. So it's still quite easy to complete planetary content, and contrary to belief, mobs are *NOT* knocking me off of my speeder if I do aggro them.

So, in my opinion, this is a welcome change, and really does not hamper my gameplay to the point of "tedium" as some put it. I think this opens a doorway for more dynamic planetary events to be added in the future, content that can be enjoyed by the masses now that level sync is involved, so 30's, 40's, 50's and 65's can come together and participate.

I've been with SWTOR for years, and I have to say that the dev team does a good job, and are very attentive. So when I say that the new level sync system just doesn't make sense and, for me, makes the game less playable and fun, I do not do so simply to gripe.

I'm a subscriber, and regularly spend money on cartel items. I do this not just to customize my characters, but to give them an edge. I enjoy soloing heroics, as well as flashpoints (though those aren't affected, it should be noted) and generally keep my characters leveled up for the planet after the one I'm playing. Now, none of that matters. I will only have as much skill and power as the planet dictates, regardless of level or armor, or even weapon, and now instead of comfortably running through missions, I have to slodge through at the "right" level.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but this bothers me greatly. I was wondering what others think of the system.

I too am a subscriber and regularly craft and spend money on cartel items and for the same reasons you do because I enjoy playing the game solo. I am in complete agreement with everything you said. I will not be playing this game as often any more and I'm sure not at all eventually.

So, because it's mandatory you will not do it, but if they ever made it optional you would try it? That's ridiculous and childish, but it's your money so play how you wish. Keep the good fight going, you little rebel!

It's called principles. I don't expect others to understand, but I'm prepared to stand by my own.

If you want to call it childish, that's your choice (it's quite telling on your own character though). The difference is probably the fact that my own personal principles apply even if I'm online, and I'll not become someone else "just because I'm behind a screen".

Depends on the type of person you are I guess.

I'd like lvl-sync more if it were optional. It's great to level down to play with lower level friends/guildies, but for me to be forced into a lower level, when I want to blaze through dailies, or lower lvl content? That's frustrating. So I think the idea is sound, it's application not so much.

Completely fine with it. Pretty much only positives and hardly any negatives - definitely not "spending eternity knocked down from speeder by every trash group", like some clowns were crying here before 4.0 was released. Edited by Danylia

It's called principles. I don't expect others to understand, but I'm prepared to stand by my own.

If you want to call it childish, that's your choice (it's quite telling on your own character though). The difference is probably the fact that my own personal principles apply even if I'm online, and I'll not become someone else "just because I'm behind a screen".

So just what "principle" are you standing by? That no one can "make" you do something you don't want to in a game? I mean games have rules of play and mechanics. It is doubtful you, or anyone, agrees with all of them and yet you must abide by them to play the game. Of course, no one can make you play the game but excluding a large part of the game because you don't "think" you'd like the new mechanic doesn't sound very principled to me.

There are a number of posts from people that were sure they wouldn't like level-sync, but whom gave it a try anyway and decided that it wasn't so bad after all. I'm sorry, but refusing to even try something in a game because you don't think you'd like it sounds much more like just plain stubbornness than being principled. I mean what is the downside of giving it a fair trial?

I'd like lvl-sync more if it were optional. It's great to level down to play with lower level friends/guildies, but for me to be forced into a lower level, when I want to blaze through dailies, or lower lvl content? That's frustrating. So I think the idea is sound, it's application not so much.

And yet, with level sync, I'm blazing through dailies and plowing through lower level content. I don't see what the problem is here. If you're having trouble with it, then, I'm sorry to say, level sync isn't the problem.

Well said.

I have nothing good to say about it.

It does nothing to make the game better, more interesting, or more engaging for me, and has done nothing to improve any content or make it more "relevant".

Well after fully testing it for a week I have a few things to say about it.

1: I was still able to skip mobs on my way to crafting nodes

2: Mobs on planets died really quickly

3: I held an RP event with some friends on Tatooine and was still able to have said event with minor disruptions

4: I was able to complete an entire planet without over leveling the quests so I got xp, credits and drops for my level instead of worthless content I couldn't use.

5: I was still able to solo all the heroics on the planet

6: Joined a flashpoint with some people at level 21, the gear that dropped was indeed level based rewards though none of it was moddable.

All in all it increased enjoyment from me, sorry you're still sour about it.

I'm still neutral about it.

For the most part it seems pointless. Xp is only good when you aren't max level, and right now it's far too easy to get. Mobs are dying almost as fast as before level sync, so no challenge added. Credit and item drops are at the mob's level. Heroic rewards are on par with dailies (unless dailies have been nerfed). Armor from heroics cap at 178 rating and aren't available post lvl 61. I haven't check to see how non-heroic rewards have been adjusted, so I can't comment on those.

The only real benefit I can see is for playing with low level friends, but at this time I don't have any low level friends to play with.

if they are going to force me to fight crap mobs i've already fought, because, even though i'm lvl 60, low level mobs react to me as if i were the same level as them, then you should revamp your loot tables so i'm not looting lvl 26 gear from them.

i was against it, but leveling with my SO who is 24ish and im 65, yo can see the difference in dmg plus you can now master/apprentice and level together without effecting their xp. You can still run through alot as a higher level just not as quick as before.

im actually for it now and it works nicely how it currently is. higher levels can walk through it and not effect lower levels xp

i really don't see what's the problem here, the only thing you'll no longer be able to do is 'lol,gank,1shot' lowbies in tattooine

what the change offers? you can revisit old planets and complete their quests without getting 0 experience and minimal credits, you'll get rewarded as if you completed content of your level

Glad you all like it. I see your points in it, I really do. Heres my take on it. I think its rediculous that now I have to rely on a group to do anything on any planet now. I thoroughly enjoyed going to lower level planets and farming like the world bosses there, then giving the items away to the people leveling there that could use the gear. That is what I enjoyed doing, and now that is ruined. This is only one example, but its a big thing for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.