Level Sync needs an Off Button! : ).

Ryosa

Please add an option to turn off the Level Sync feature.

So many people are unhappy with this. I can understand if someone chooses to revisit old content and wants to level on said planet, but it should be exactly that.. a ( choice ). Forcing this on us is the first time I've considered leaving the game. In a sense it's like taking away my right to the levels I've earned and the time I've spent. There

have been several posts about the negative effects and I have one more to add....

Devs please read this...

1. Supposedly helps even out pvp ( LOL )

When you level sync your at the top lvl for that planet and you retain all special and passive abilities for your

character, which means if there's actually a low level player working through quests your going to destroy him in pvp, which solves nothing and does not add any balance. Prior to this change if a player was really being harassed, I at level 60 could go to that planet and watch his back for a while so he could finish questing and it was actually a cool part of the community that is being taken away. Just add an OFF SWITCH.

Well everyone on a planet gets a "sync'ed" green level gear, i tested it with many people.

Everyone above planet level gets:

1. The exact same HP

2. The exact same DPS

3. The exact same Defense

4. The exact same heals

**Changing gear from green to purple changes nothing

**Using any stim's changes nothing

**Using any class buffs does nothing

So it doesn't matter if you wear purple 65 gear or green level 60 gear, you WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME AMMOUNTS AS LOW LEVELs

This means that currently purple level 65 gear is "forbidden" on everything below level 65 and you get downscaled to green gear and everyone that is above level sync will have exact same stats.

What i really hope is that this level sync is made optional so we can again use our purple level 65 gear on other planets and instances, not just level 65 stuff, because we worked hard to get this gear, and curently even level 65 green gear is obsolete on other planets.

Edited by -Spc

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to break it to all of you that hate level sync. It's not going away. Honestly if I was Bioware I would do the same thing. It's far easier and more cost effective to do it the way they're doing it now. I'm neutral on it I could care less either way. But hey if you don't like it vote with your wallet there's abundance of MMOs go play them and maybe if enough people do it they might change it who knows. Edited by Curbhunter

Level sync is here to stay! Forever and I'm glad it is. You can now mission where you would like to and get xp for what level you are regardless of where you are. I don't see why you would be against that. Just TRY and keep the bickering to a minimum while arguing about things :eek:

One thing that annoys me with level sync is that you can no longer drive on low level planets without agroing everyone and their mother.

These little things are part of the reward for leveling your character and these perks are just taken away for no real good reason.

I still think the ones who are against this are the ones who didn't try it yet. You can get so much stuff. xp, credits, rewards and still be blazing through it all. It's a win win situation. It's not anything like the doomsayers predicted.

XP? I am lvl 65 and don't need it.

Credits? I could get as much by running stuffs much faster. So it's all the same.

The only thing you get is these crates from the heroics and that's all.

So I am not sure what is so positive about it...

Edited by demotivator

Level sync is here to stay! Forever and I'm glad it is. You can now mission where you would like to and get xp for what level you are regardless of where you are. I don't see why you would be against that. Just TRY and keep the bickering to a minimum while arguing about things :eek:

You keep saying you can't see why people would be against it, and people keep giving you long lists of why they're against it, and then you go right back to saying you can't see why people are against it? What was it you've started calling me, again? :confused: Well, let's set aside the plethora of other reasons that people have given repeatedly, and just address your comment about XP.

Some characters don't get any XP no matter where they go, because they're already max-level, so "more XP" does them no good.

Some players were doing this or that content not because of credits, or XP, or other "rewards", but because they actually just enjoyed that content as it was, and this levelsync ruins that for them.

Some players didn't CARE if they were getting "good XP" for every single thing they did along the way while leveling, as long as they were enjoying the game -- they preferred to be 4 or 6 levels over the local "original release" content while leveling (and the why is not important, it was their game experience, not yours, and it never affected anyone else despite the outraged reaction some people have). Sync ruined that for them.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Have you actually tried this? Like... really actually tried it?

Nope, and I've got absolutely ZERO intention of doing so. I've explained my reasoning for this quite a few times leading up to the expansion on the issue of level sync, and that will never change.

You know, BioWare could stick a lockbox on Hutta personally for me with 1 Billion in-game credits in it, and a free sub for the rest of the games life. It would remain unopened forever.

Level Sync, and the idea behind it is sound, the implementation of it isn't sound.

You get way way more XP from flashpoints.

So leveling on planets give you like 90% less xp than tactical flashpoints.

Nope, and I've got absolutely ZERO intention of doing so. I've explained my reasoning for this quite a few times leading up to the expansion on the issue of level sync, and that will never change.

You know, BioWare could stick a lockbox on Hutta personally for me with 1 Billion in-game credits in it, and a free sub for the rest of the games life. It would remain unopened forever.

Level Sync, and the idea behind it is sound, the implementation of it isn't sound.

So you are just being hard headed? No offense, but an mmo does not center around one person. Many changes happen, that players have to adjust around even if they don't like it. That is the nature of a mmo. If you are not willing to try, and adjust how you play to changes. MMOs might not be for you.

Just feel like speaking my mind, I agree with Ryosa, the Level-Sync needs an "off option".

I love this game and even got a subscription but this Level-Sync is really annoying, it should be an optional feature(like allowing access to missions).

I don't care for XP from lower leveled planets. if i go back it's to mess around not feel like i did when i was first at the planet. i rarely do heroic,area or flashpoints i just want to do the main story. Level-Sync should really be an option and not forced, so i'll probably just stop playing until the next update comes out, if they don't make Level-Sync an option I guess i will cancel my subscription and move onto other MMO's that either don't have a Level-Sync or have it as an option

I am so incredibly happy with level sync, for two reasons; one, because it makes it easy to play with lower levels, and two, because of the fact that it is here to stay makes the poor little babies whine and cry. By all means, continue. Your tears are delicious.

I am so incredibly happy with level sync, for two reasons; one, because it makes it easy to play with lower levels, and two, because of the fact that it is here to stay makes the poor little babies whine and cry. By all means, continue. Your tears are delicious.

You like playing at lower levels that's fine but some of us don't, I'm not saying get rid of it I am just saying it should be an option. If the don't I'm sure that the amount of people who play the game will drop might be lots might be next to none but if it remains forced I will never play the game again

I think mandatory level sync is fine, maybe they could touch up the aggro radius somewhat and take a look into stealth detection which feels currently a little off.

Respect you opinion, but why would you want to force people who don't want to be synced to be synced that just pushes them away from the game (like myself) I won't play the game until I hear something anout making it an option

Respect you opinion, but why would you want to force people who don't want to be synced to be synced that just pushes them away from the game (like myself) I won't play the game until I hear something anout making it an option

Because it makes the game better, when you don't want to play a better game, then it is your decision. Don't get me wrong, the level sync is not optimal yet, but it is the right way to go overall.

I've been pleased with the results of level sync and I've tried to read up on as many arguments that are against it as I could find in the forums. Most of them seem to, more or less, boil down not to any of the reward changes but to the fact that it's no longer a 'god mode' in principal. Obviously anyone who syncs down can still pretty much steamroll any lower level mob, even in heroic areas so that's not the issue. The positives that I've noticed are better rewards, reason to break away from class missions, and most importantly a return to grouping for group content. If there are any negative points that I haven't seen I'd love to hear them but unfortunately the need to be feel like a god is not a good reason and does not outweigh the positives gained by the level sync changes.

I've also seen an argument that this was a fix to something that wasn't broken. Here we'd have to agree to disagree because I believe that the fact that there was no reason to break away from class mission areas was a problem. It essentially made it so that the other portions of the planets were irrelevant and the changes that were made to the game, level sync among them, all helped alleviate that issue.

There are some things in 4.0 that I don't like, such as turning companions into fluff rewards and some CM changes but I think that level sync was one of the good.

There is no downside to level scaling unless you're lowbie griefer or gold farmer.

sums it up perfectly :).

Or people struck with the "I want to feel like an almighty God in front of noobie plebeians" syndrom.

Edited by Nihilkult

You love it because you like games with a system like it. You keep saying how great GW2 is. GW2 is a POS in my opinion because of their version of level sync. I don't like level sync its retard and pointless. Just because you think something great doesn't mean it is.

Just because you think it's bad doesn't mean it is.

I've been pleased with the results of level sync and I've tried to read up on as many arguments that are against it as I could find in the forums. Most of them seem to, more or less, boil down not to any of the reward changes but to the fact that it's no longer a 'god mode' in principal.

Your milage may (and apparently does) vary, but I've seen the utter and complete opposite.

I like that world bosses are now actually up sometimes on a planet, and you can find a group to kill it because some bored 60 didn't come along and kill it. If it was an option this wouldn't be the case because selfish jerks would still be soloing them. You obviously don't care about the quality of the game, only about what you want. Sorry, not sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Really? I did like 30 heroics and kept getting the same 4 items as a reward. I don't even open the boxes any more lol there's no point. This needs to be fixed.

Are you serious :eek: Im surprised how many random items you can get from those packs (when you return the supplies). Mounts , imperial gear for reps , gifts ... etc. Some very cool headgear and robes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.