The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware?? Why didn't you listen in the beta??

MajikMyst

I'm going to use the tired old response: Deal with it. :rak_03: I expect some companions to require you to complete operations or flashpoints in the future. And I expect PVP players to also complain when that happen and the same people complaining about pvp requirement giving the same responses to them.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to summarize this thread.

WAAAAAAAAAA , i jhave to play all aspects of the game to advance WAAAAAAAAAAAA

Get over it , its a game locking content behind various avenues of the game is the way it works , if you dont want to pvp , dont finish this mission.

And I am going to summarize this response, and offer one of my own.

.....Hyperbole

Shenanigans.

As I said earlier, gating behind certain likely unpopular aspects of the game, though certainly an odd choice considering they are likely unpopular in the first place makes sense if you are attempting to "fill the ranks", so to speak. Perhaps the hope is that this will increase participation.

Edited by LordArtemis

LOL PVErs, They're fine when you're forced to participate in mundane flashpoints or operations to experience a story. (Dread Master plot anyone?) But cry the moment you have to do a few warzones for a completely optional side story. The tears are delicious. :rak_03:

Hey, let me know what server you're on, and your characters that you'll be Pvping on. That way I'm sure you won't mind when I stand in the corner and do nothing for the entire 20 matches. After all, I don't have to win, I just have to be there.

As an addendum, hey BW, make sure you disable vote kicking, and leaving before matches are done, so that your "hardcore" PvPers will have something else to cry about.

Hey, let me know what server you're on, and your characters that you'll be Pvping on. That way I'm sure you won't mind when I stand in the corner and do nothing for the entire 20 matches. After all, I don't have to win, I just have to be there.

As an addendum, hey BW, make sure you disable vote kicking, and leaving before matches are done, so that your "hardcore" PvPers will have something else to cry about.

Gonna have to get killed by the other team some. If you don't enter combat or get objective points, you'll get kicked for AFK even if you're moving.

Harbinger: I have a ton of alts, but look out primarily for Alana, Alan, & Rickta. My DPS, Healer and Tank mains.

Please do message me if you find me in a match. I'll be sure to greet you.

As long as you find yourself in combat once in awhile, vote kick doesn't really work in PvP. As for leaving, just let me know that you're on and I'll try to stay on at all costs.

Gonna have to get killed by the other team some. If you don't enter combat or get objective points, you'll get kicked for AFK even if you're moving.

Heh, I'm sure I can manage that. If PvP actually meant something, I might even PvP. It doesn't. I don't get to loot players I kill, I don't get to watch their rank drop when I kill 'em, it's PvE against other players...

The idea of Conquest had me drooling, until I saw what it was. I figured it would be actual conquest, not "who can craft the most junk, or cheese the most lowbie FPs/WBs". In Rappelz, you could Time Attack a dungeon, and if you won, you got to fight the guild that owns it for control. If you win, you get 10% of the gold and Lak, a separate currency. If you're greedy, you could increase that amount. Instead, it's PvE. Joy, right? Of course the "top" guilds thought so.

Harbinger: I have a ton of alts, but look out primarily for Alana, Alan, & Rickta. My DPS, Healer and Tank mains.

Please do message me if you find me in a match. I'll be sure to greet you.

As long as you find yourself in combat once in awhile, vote kick doesn't really work in PvP. As for leaving, just let me know that you're on and I'll try to stay on at all costs.

Only server I don't have a presence on, figures...

I never understand why pvp is such a thing people hate. It is not my first choice in activities, but it is fun to get out there and mess around. Gets my adrenaline going if I haven't played in a while.

The problem people have with this, is they have no pvp gear so they get owned and don't have fun. Understandable. Either suffer through it (stick with your effing group and do better), or buy the starter pvp gear. I geared my brand new shadow in 2 days working 10 hour days, cleaning the house and spending time with my wife. It is easy, and after you get geared, you may find joy in it.

PvP is not some mysterious and bizarre thing, it's very similar to PvE just with a much smaller amount of content to learn and know. In fact, a lot of your PvE experience applies to PvP. Effective Teamwork is still what determines success or failure. The less your Team does together the worse off you'll be.

I think some people lose their heads and think that because it's a different game mode, that they are no longer a Group that needs to work as a Team and communicate. Every Role still performs that same Role whether it's PvE or PvP.

FP/Op Boss = Objective (in both this is always the Priority, what you're actually there for.)

FP/Op Mobs = Enemy Players (you have to go through them to get to the Boss/Objective)

Targeting priority is Healer > DPS > Tank much like it would be in PvE.

Players are obviously much less predictable in PvP but you know they have to defend or attack the Objective(s) at some point so that's where you should be. The worst thing you can do is go hide somewhere, if you're going to spend the time to do it because you want that Companion you may as well get something for your time other than boredom. Defending an Objective, even if no one comes to claim it from you, still gives you points and rewards you can spend on more than just PvP gear.

SNIP

But you know, that's OK. It's good that the devs encourage you to do different things. Nor force, encourage.

Oh ill be doing different things encouraged by BW. None of which anyone in pvp will like.

So I guess I'll be joining warzones without a weapon equipped, and using nothing but legacy punch and uppercut. That sounds like a good time, actually.

Sounds about right. Wait till I rescue pull someone into some rather tough spots or even worse, before they can kill someone so they get healed.

Sounds about right. Wait till I rescue pull someone into some rather tough spots or even worse, before they can kill someone so they get healed.

Sounds like reportable griefing to me. I also like how you plan to take out your frustrations with the devs on the players enjoying the game. Very high class and mature response.

Oh ill be doing different things encouraged by BW. None of which anyone in pvp will like.

Actively interfering with someone else's actions feels over the line to me. I'm content to be a minimally participating boat anchor. Using RP Walk the whole time and only defending myself with legacy punch are easy enough to justify.

As another poster mentioned, you could be reported for greifing.

But weren't you planning to quit soon anyways? Why so much immaturity over a companion you won't even be using for long?

always funny to see pve carebears freak out over that 1% of the time where pvp factors into this game at all.

Actually, I figure that you guys should be seriously ticked because all of these resentful and really, really annoyed people are about to be jamming up your warzones and teams in order to try and get those missions done now and, frankly, I would not want them on my team screwing things up.

But, I guess that's just me and that might very well be their entire goal. I mean, let's face it, the PvE crowd is a bit bigger and once they start inundating the WZ system, the PvPers really won't have a choice but to accept all of the noobs as a fact of life and learn how to play accordingly and so, will have to learn how to be more welcoming to seriously inexperienced and unmotivated players as teammates as a result.

Edited by Dallayna

Respectfully, but that's ridiculous.

If I were to post that I wanted to be able to earn all the Class buffs without leveling the applicable classes, I would get laughed out of the room. If I were to suggest that I should be able to get the best gear by soloing dailies, the raiders would lose their poop.

Rewards can and should come from a collection of activities in game, and no, people shouldn't be able to substitute whatever activity they like best to get it.

For example, on my Shadow tank, one of my main characters I wanted a belt used by the Voss Mystics. When they added the Voss rep vendor they added that belt to the store. So, even though I wasn't that enthused about grinding reputation with the Voss, I did so because I wanted the belt. I didn't come here and complain and threaten to grief other players who didn't make the decision to put the belt on that vendor. I just took my time, got the reputation and bought the belt.

I fundamentally disagree. I'm of the opinion that all gear and other goodies should be obtainable from as many sources as possible. Nothing should be unique to Ops, PvP, Cartel Market, Rep Vendors, etc.

But then, I loath the "carrot and stick" model of most MMOs.

Sounds like reportable griefing to me. I also like how you plan to take out your frustrations with the devs on the players enjoying the game. Very high class and mature response.

Not going to point fingers, just going to say this a general comment.

Seriously, as much grief as Bioware deserves over some of this crap, 90+% of the players you run into are just in the game to have fun like you and almost everyone is there to have fun.

No one should ever be trying to take out their frustration or anger at the game or Bioware by actively trying to ruin the game for other players.

I fundamentally disagree. I'm of the opinion that all gear and other goodies should be obtainable from as many sources as possible. Nothing should be unique to Ops, PvP, Cartel Market, Rep Vendors, etc.

But then, I loath the "carrot and stick" model of most MMOs.

The problem with that approach is that it will be a race to the bottom for which people do. So let's take this quest for example.

Let's say in response to this post the devs let you do the 20 WZ or as an alternative:

1) Make it a 0.01% (one-hundredth of one percent) drop in the new cartel pack;

2) Complete 20 HM Operations

3) Have Max Reputation with a new faction that you can only get the current 12K per week of reputation with. And then once you have it, it costs 2 million credits.

Would that be better? The PvP would clearly be easier, but you had an option. Sure, the people who really hate PvP would just do their best to grind it out. But everyone else would just do the PvP anyway.

Now that's an exaggerated example, but the point is that people would just take the path of least resistance no matter what that happened to be. And if that remained PvP, then you would still have people making the same complaints they are now. Because the people claiming they will grief PvP players like petulant children really just want the devs to give them the companion on their terms. It doesn't work that way, never has in any game, and never will.