The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware?? Why didn't you listen in the beta??

MajikMyst

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear bioware, thank you for giving me a reason to do warzones other then for comms...

To the carebears....... cool story bro

To the PVP'ers.. dont cry to us if we just sit on the edge of the map stealthed coz we are forced to be there

"Forced" is a strong word to use. If you had the companion previously, you can get them back in other ways when the game is fixed. If you didn't have them before, then you lost nothing and can gain companions in the ways you would like to.

And my point still stands. Bad design seems to prevail here from BW.

Make it a combination of PVP warzone and PVE FP's to a total of 20.

Make it accessible to both play styles, allowing gamers to choose. The current option for PVP only is a bit warped and not something I care for in a game build so much on PVE with a nice side game of PVP and the reward PVE only.

And my point still stands. Bad design seems to prevail here from BW.

Make it a combination of PVP warzone and PVE FP's to a total of 20.

Make it accessible to both play styles, allowing gamers to choose. The current option for PVP only is a bit warped and not something I care for in a game build so much on PVE with a nice side game of PVP and the reward PVE only.

You're making the mistake of assuming there are 2 playstyles. Even within PvE there are varying playstyles. Some players only play solo and can't obtain numerous companions that way. Get used to doing things you don't want to do if you want every companion.

Edit: Personally I'd love to hear the complaints if there was a companion quest for RPers. "RP in 5 different cantinas"

Edited by Jadescythe

Yes, an alternative would be nice. Adding a PvP quest in the middle of PvE content is just likely to aggravate both sides: PvE players will be angry that they have to do PvP, and PvP players will be angry when PvE players with no actual interest or skill in PvP barge into warzones.

I'm not gonna be pissed when my Mara can blast through PvE players with 30k Devestating Blasts, that will be alot of fun actually!

I figured it out guys. This is the better than x-servers thing they mentioned! :tran_eek:

Sure is better than cross server. Cross server would make you play with people that want to do pvp and are good at it. This instead of forces complementationists from pve into pvp to screw up your matches for the next 3 weeks. After that you may see a "noob" 65 every now and again. Like you pointed out it will be just like before for the farming

LOL PVErs, They're fine when you're forced to participate in mundane flashpoints or operations to experience a story. (Dread Master plot anyone?) But cry the moment you have to do a few warzones for a completely optional side story. The tears are delicious. :rak_03:

Pretty much this.

A handful of warzones for an OPTIONAL companion, get over yourselves.

Im going to summarize this thread.

WAAAAAAAAAA , i jhave to play all aspects of the game to advance WAAAAAAAAAAAA

Get over it , its a game locking content behind various avenues of the game is the way it works , if you dont want to pvp , dont finish this mission.

Yea, heaven forbid the requirement be do any 20 combinations of warzones and/or FP's.

You know so gamers that want to do a mix or either one as their play style suited so everyone gets to be a bit more entertained in how they play. Not forced into a play style they dislike but at least the option would be there.

Respectfully, but that's ridiculous.

If I were to post that I wanted to be able to earn all the Class buffs without leveling the applicable classes, I would get laughed out of the room. If I were to suggest that I should be able to get the best gear by soloing dailies, the raiders would lose their poop.

Rewards can and should come from a collection of activities in game, and no, people shouldn't be able to substitute whatever activity they like best to get it.

For example, on my Shadow tank, one of my main characters I wanted a belt used by the Voss Mystics. When they added the Voss rep vendor they added that belt to the store. So, even though I wasn't that enthused about grinding reputation with the Voss, I did so because I wanted the belt. I didn't come here and complain and threaten to grief other players who didn't make the decision to put the belt on that vendor. I just took my time, got the reputation and bought the belt.

And for goodness sakes, does it not cause any of you cognitive dissonance to say you're FORCED to do something in a game you pay for? You WANT the companion. You absolutely do not need them. All companions can do everything and any companion with blaster rifles as a weapon can do everything 4X or Pierce does. You are not being forced to do anything.

I really like the concept and hope it plays out good, because I'm recalling all of the tools that used to afk or otherwise crap up matches while farming stabs or conq points.

I'm actually expecting a lot of complaints from pvpers because exactly this will happen. A possible third option might be to have legacy level at max plus have a fully completed trooper / warrior story. But has to be unlocked via playing the classes, not purchasable.

And I would speculate that PVP needs all the help it can get in this game with respect to participation.

It needs help due to lack of new content or class balance, it's nothing to do with players not wanting to PvP. Why would people continue to PvP with the lack of care and attention given to this part of the game? Forcing someone who does primarily PvE content to do PvP?

Seems like a lot of the "choice matters" didn't just apply to the [somewhat silenced Alliance] conversations.

Least I guessed it right about the event scheduling being tied into Alliances somehow. :p

I've thought PvP has been a joke in this game since launch. I find this really hilarious. Some of my alts will have to fill the warzone requirement. I look forward to coming in, hiding in my quest purples:D

we'll find a spot together :p

Respectfully, but that's ridiculous.

If I were to post that I wanted to be able to earn all the Class buffs without leveling the applicable classes, I would get laughed out of the room. If I were to suggest that I should be able to get the best gear by soloing dailies, the raiders would lose their poop.

As you should be because you are requesting soemthing extremely off base. this is not the same.

Rewards can and should come from a collection of activities in game, and no, people shouldn't be able to substitute whatever activity they like best to get it.

This is 2 major play styles of hte game. PVP content which is known to have a smaller base and PVE content in a game based on a rather largeamount of PVE content.

This is a PVE companion, stands to reason it would have the option of getting it in PVE or PVP. That is not some wild request so far off base like getting end game PVE gear for solo mode.

For example, on my Shadow tank, one of my main characters I wanted a belt used by the Voss Mystics. When they added the Voss rep vendor they added that belt to the store. So, even though I wasn't that enthused about grinding reputation with the Voss, I did so because I wanted the belt. I didn't come here and complain and threaten to grief other players who didn't make the decision to put the belt on that vendor. I just took my time, got the reputation and bought the belt.

well sucks to be you then. Store screwed over yet another person but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be options when it comes to actually playing the game and where PVP is concerned. I'm not expecting someone to get PVP gear without PVPing but hell, I also don't expect to see a PVE companion locked behind PVP content in a system based on doing so much PVE.

And for goodness sakes, does it not cause any of you cognitive dissonance to say you're FORCED to do something in a game you pay for? You WANT the companion. You absolutely do not need them. All companions can do everything and any companion with blaster rifles as a weapon can do everything 4X or Pierce does. You are not being forced to do anything.

and if you are doing that PVE content at all and one is locked behind PVP then sorry. You are a bit forced into PVP to get that PVE companion. Needing it or not is irrelevant as wanting to complete the mission is more prevalent. It's a PVE companion locked behind PVP. It's a bit odd.

I'm not sure there is any PVP based things locked entirely behind PVE content is there?

Gah I hate it when they force PVP on players in quests... I rolled a PVE server for a reason. I despise PVP. This is just another one of those instances where devs have realized they screwed up somewhere with PVP and not enough people are doing it. So instead of just dealing with it they come up with some stupid quest that forces people into content that they don't like or want to do because it sucks. Its like when wow took away flying so people would 'see' their content.

So heres the thing.... do you actually have to 'win' 20 pvp matches? cause thats asking a lot. And if not (or either way) I'll probably just enter the match, run around and not actually do anything and be useless to my team because this rubbish will have been forced on me. And in a week we will have every pvper on here complaining about people doing nothing in pvp because they dont want to be there.

Devs PVP sucks. Stop trying to make players do it. I live in Australia and have perpetual latency in pvp because of this. Makes it annoying and autoatically puts me at a disadvantage. Get rid of this asap!

Edited by Razdek

Im going to summarize this thread.

WAAAAAAAAAA , i jhave to play all aspects of the game to advance WAAAAAAAAAAAA

Get over it , its a game locking content behind various avenues of the game is the way it works , if you dont want to pvp , dont finish this mission.

as i do my 20 pvp games, im going to laugh at people like you when you ask why im hiding in the corner..

As you should be because you are requesting soemthing extremely off base. this is not the same.

This is 2 major play styles of hte game. PVP content which is known to have a smaller base and PVE content in a game based on a rather largeamount of PVE content.

This is a PVE companion, stands to reason it would have the option of getting it in PVE or PVP. That is not some wild request so far off base like getting end game PVE gear for solo mode.

well sucks to be you then. Store screwed over yet another person but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be options when it comes to actually playing the game and where PVP is concerned. I'm not expecting someone to get PVP gear without PVPing but hell, I also don't expect to see a PVE companion locked behind PVP content in a system based on doing so much PVE.

and if you are doing that PVE content at all and one is locked behind PVP then sorry. You are a bit forced into PVP to get that PVE companion. Needing it or not is irrelevant as wanting to complete the mission is more prevalent. It's a PVE companion locked behind PVP. It's a bit odd.

I'm not sure there is any PVP based things locked entirely behind PVE content is there?

Considering there is only 1 way to get to level 10 and start PvPing, I'd say literally everything in the game is locked behind PvE. Other examples would include anything cosmetic from reputations that require PvE to grind out. Your ship to get to world PvP zones, which you have to PvE to level 15ish at least to get from your second planet. Legendary title that is shown in your warzone portrait as well requires you to PvE all the way through 8 class stories.

As Yoda would say, "No, no different. Only different in your mind." More on that later.

This argument is circular and depends on the assumption that the developers intended this game to be primarily PvE. That is contradicted by the existence of this quest as well as the devs insistence that PvP be incorporated into various game systems like Conquest, Strongholds and the like.

No, actually sucks to be you. I didn't have a problem earning that belt and I didn't come to the forums to complain about it. Unlike what you're doing here. You're creating a artificial separation that doesn't exist.

You aren't forced to do anything. You don't need the companion. This isn't my opinion. This is a fact. Bioware cannot force you to do anything unless they come to your house with a gun and make you do Warzones. You make choices. You can choose not to have this companion. If you want this companion, there are methods laid out before you. But it is never forced.

Besides being able to do PvP at all? Because you know, you have to get to level 10 before you can queue. Open world PvP means leveling to at least Nar Shaddaa. You need to get a ship to do many PvP activities.

But you know, that's OK. It's good that the devs encourage you to do different things. Nor force, encourage.