The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware?? Why didn't you listen in the beta??

MajikMyst

And I have to farm a pve zone for hours to get qyzen. Or try to find world boss groups, because I'm unsure if they are still soloable right now, to get qyzen. There is a pvp companion and a pve one. Not an issue. I'll have both by next xpac.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest story wise its quite stupid to.

"hi im building an alliance of republic and imperials forces to take down the Zakule empire, will you help"

"yes but you must kill a ton of imps first"

"but i need there help"

"i know but we should at least kill a few first"

after that i was like yeah well see ya 4x didn't much like you anyway.

Oh people will notice I don't pvp. Especially so when I rescue pull people into bad situations. If this game was based on PVP then I could understand it being forced. However, this is a PVE game and PVP is a bit of side entertainment some do enjoy. It should have never been a PVP only thing requirement in a game build on PVE and story.

So yes, I can assure you. People will notice. They will not like it and will soon agree it's probably best to to not force PVP ever.

Why would I want to try it now you mean? AsI've tried it in the past. I dislike PVP in SWTOR. I'm not scared of a few losses either and it will be highly entertaining when I get in there.

Come to Jung Ma and rescue pull me out of bad situations, I promise I'll never complain and no one else will either after I give them a piece of my mind for actually being a good PvPer.

Yeah that's right, I just said good PvPer, because that's what a good sage is suppose to do. Save your bacon with rescue if they can. God you have no idea how much I wish everyone thought like this.

to be honest story wise its quite stupid to.

"hi im building an alliance of republic and imperials forces to take down the Zakule empire, will you help"

"yes but you must kill a ton of imps first"

"but i need there help"

"i know but we should at least kill a few first"

after that i was like yeah well see ya 4x didn't much like you anyway.

Honestly story wise, 4X just wouldn't work with Imps at all. As he tells you he has no love for the "mindless hedonists of the Sith Empire."

Goodness, I love that guy. :D

Ok, so I hate PVP.. don't do it except in space, however I figured I would give it a go since I want Pierce.. and it was everything I was afraid it would be. The swearing, belittling, even spitting on.. Thanks Bioware.. most non PVP'ers avoid PVP for a reason.

Ok, so I hate PVP.. don't do it except in space, however I figured I would give it a go since I want Pierce.. and it was everything I was afraid it would be. The swearing, belittling, even spitting on.. Thanks Bioware.. most non PVP'ers avoid PVP for a reason.

Don't worry, those guys aren't any better than you, they just think they are.

The good PvPers don't say or do much except kill people and secure objectives and there's lots of them around, trust me. Oh yeah and we can't stand those Neanderthals either.

Oh people will notice I don't pvp. Especially so when I rescue pull people into bad situations. If this game was based on PVP then I could understand it being forced. However, this is a PVE game and PVP is a bit of side entertainment some do enjoy. It should have never been a PVP only thing requirement in a game build on PVE and story.

So yes, I can assure you. People will notice. They will not like it and will soon agree it's probably best to to not force PVP ever.

Why would I want to try it now you mean? AsI've tried it in the past. I dislike PVP in SWTOR. I'm not scared of a few losses either and it will be highly entertaining when I get in there.

I love when someone finally outs that they are the problem...

Go ahead and grief. I keep telling you guys, that your impotent rage will not bother us. Stamp your feet like a child, do your 20 WZs. Or don't. I don't care.

and you will hate my presence. No stamping of foot or raging. Just simple going through the motions and being a general nuisance. I will coast right though without a care in the world and if it makes the PVP experience suck not only for me but for others. You will care.

The devs don't respond to PvPers complaints anyway so making us mad isn't going to get you anywhere! :D

I don't need their response. I got all I need in it being designed the way it is. It's pretty much permission for a non PVP to go into PVP and just take up space and screw things up. As long as I'm there you will be upset for a minimum of 20 matches.

I love when someone finally outs that they are the problem...

As a non PVPer that must go to PVP to complete some PVE content and a PVE companion.

Yea, I'll be a problem. No use in denying it.

Edited by Quraswren

If more PvPers were like Master Nala, it wouldn't have such a bad rep.

Most of us are like Nala, it's just a few bad apples that gives everyone else a bad name that's the thing. Maybe 5% of all PvPers act like d-bags, granted they are an active and vocal 5% but it's still 5%. I've run into more ***-hattery in PvE groupings than I have in PvP groupings but I don't think all PvEers are ***-hats. Why does everyone think all PvPers are?

Most of us are like Nala, it's just a few bad apples that gives everyone else a bad name that's the thing. Maybe 5% of all PvPers act like d-bags, granted they are an active and vocal 5% but it's still 5%. I've run into more ***-hattery in PvE groupings than I have in PvP groupings but I don't think all PvEers are ***-hats. Why does everyone think all PvPers are?

If this thread were the evidence for / against... there is definitely more reason to criticize the religiously PVE players than the PVP players.

Edited by azudelphi

I agree with your post 100%.

I do want to point out that the only community within SWTOR to actual go after a dev's family IRL was a PvPer that was mad about a nerf.

It's that the d-bag PvPers in the game truly are sociopaths.

Edited by The_Wulff

So you don't like to PvP, I get it, but there are always rewards that are specific to PVE and those that are specific to PVP. Companies will always try to get people to experience different parts of the game and this type of incentive is pretty normal. No one is making you do anything.

Heck if you RP then RP being a peacenik and just dance and emote hugs until you're killed. You never know, maybe some of the PVP'ers you encounter will have a change of heart and join the movement.

Have fun with it, it isn't difficult. This is just a game. If someone gets way out of line report them.

I do admit to targeting people and dancing after I've killed them a few times, but it is just in good fun. If someone spits on you emote a hug or kiss. I almost guarentee that will irritate them more than the spitting irritated you :)

I actually agree with you for the most part, but it only takes that 5-10% to ruin it for every body. Most of the vocal PvPers are like that Assassin guy earlier in the thread, and the ones that cry in fleet non stop because of some WZ match they lost (that's never their fault, of course). I don't know if any of you guys ever played EVE, but there's a group of hi sec gankers called CODE. alliance that gank miners and industrialists. You should see the name calling and death threats in hate mails and local chat on their blog from the "carebears" LOL. Far worse than anything I've seen some PvPers in this game.

Edited by HarleysRule

I agree with your post 100%.

I do want to point out that the only community within SWTOR to actual go after a dev's family IRL was a PvPer that was mad about a nerf.

It's that the d-bag PvPers in the game truly sociopaths.

Sure, he happened to be a PvPer, doesn't make PvEers immune to mental problems though either. Heck, I can recall a time where we had this pug tank that thought he was all that. He was the first one to die on Nefra leaving me to off tank in Soresu on a Vig Guardian, then he rage quit because I didn't want to burn a combat raise on him, and he couldn't wait until a serenity shadow's dots wore off for a stealth raise. He left cursing far worse than any PvP match.

Sure, he happened to be a PvPer, doesn't make PvEers immune to mental problems though either. Heck, I can recall a time where we had this pug tank that thought he was all that. He was the first one to die on Nefra leaving me to off tank in Soresu on a Vig Guardian, then he rage quit because I didn't want to burn a combat raise on him, and he couldn't wait until a serenity shadow's dots wore off for a stealth raise. He left cursing far worse than any PvP match.

Oh, I agree that there are bad apples on both sides of the fence but in general they can be avoided in PvE but they are almost a staple of PvP due to the smaller pool of players.

I'll be honest experiences like the one you listed are exactly why I only roll group content with IRL friends.

I don't kill world bosses and I don't use companions to kill world bosses, so why do you have to kill world bosses for a companion?

Shockingly, BW is looking for ways to get players involved in all aspects of their game and also to include players who enjoy all aspects of the game.

Yes, an alternative would be nice. Adding a PvP quest in the middle of PvE content is just likely to aggravate both sides: PvE players will be angry that they have to do PvP, and PvP players will be angry when PvE players with no actual interest or skill in PvP barge into warzones.

^ This.

And what the hell do 20 WZs have to do with getting a comp back? Sounds lame as ****. I have no problem with it since I <3 PVP. If I didn't it would be a dumb ****** grind.

Shockingly, BW is looking for ways to get players involved in all aspects of their game and also to include players who enjoy all aspects of the game.

Yea, heaven forbid the requirement be do any 20 combinations of warzones and/or FP's.

You know so gamers that want to do a mix or either one as their play style suited so everyone gets to be a bit more entertained in how they play. Not forced into a play style they dislike but at least the option would be there.

Yea, heaven forbid the requirement be do any 20 combinations of warzones and/or FP's.

You know so gamers that want to do a mix or either one as their play style suited so everyone gets to be a bit more entertained in how they play. Not forced into a play style they dislike but at least the option would be there.

"Forced" is a strong word to use. If you had the companion previously, you can get them back in other ways when the game is fixed. If you didn't have them before, then you lost nothing and can gain companions in the ways you would like to.

I really like the concept and hope it plays out good, because I'm recalling all of the tools that used to afk or otherwise crap up matches while farming stabs or conq points.