4.0 Assassin feedback

Jinre_the_Jedi

Tank you will want Survivor armorings, 7x Discipline Enhancements, 9x Lethal Mod 40-B, 2x Adept Package, Adept Device and lastly, 14x Fortitude Augment 40.

Quick question. On another post you mention that you want to go with the bulwark package/device but here you say adept. I am new to game and am not sure why the difference ? Also, do you use a DPS weapon or tank weapon ?

Thanks !

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be. Since the good snipers are not too common in pvp (at least on my server, or yet) I guess it's just me lacking exercise against them. Also I've experimented a bit with the new utility tree and I think I've came over something that works better for me. Might have been the utility built too. One time I was like trying to stay on my target and couldn't do anything. It's true i was in the middle of the battle so the sniper opened on me and also they had some off heals from some of their team heals, but I felt so useless in that Voidstar match.

pvp in this game is clearly rock-paper-scissors in design. there will be classes and their players that will give you a hard if not impossible time.

Quick question. On another post you mention that you want to go with the bulwark package/device but here you say adept. I am new to game and am not sure why the difference ? Also, do you use a DPS weapon or tank weapon ?

Thanks !

Dps and tank hilt are the same now. I've switched from Adept to Bulwark as it's yielded better gains in survivability while having marginal losses in DPS.

Yeah, dueling a guildmate with no area of kiting available, I was pretty much at his mercy, especially if I missed using a DCD in time if he stunned me or what have you. At least fighting a sniper can go either way. I hate fighting jugg tanks though, having to go through all their DCDs just to do minimal damage...

Fighting jugg tanks is always a delight. Best tactics is o avoid them until their dcds are down and strike afterwards. I love when my lol slash is parried or dodged, and how they seem most of the time immune to all my cc. In a 1v1 against a good one deception would probably lose all the time without heal2full escapes, but this should be normal. In my opinion dps should have a harder time against tanks than against other roles, but I'm not entering a debate about how I believe things should work and just accept the style of combat we have for now. Back to the immortal juggs, just wanted to mention that they are pretty annoying to go against 1v1 if they node guard, since even if the player is bad it still takes you more time than you want to afford just to kill them.

I was responding to something said to me...I am new to this game and trying to figure all this out. Trying to figure out as a tank which weapon I need to use or if it matters since it's suggested to use different mods/enhancements either way. Edited by Grenmarwalk

I was responding to something said to me...I am new to this game and trying to figure all this out. Trying to figure out as a tank which weapon I need to use or if it matters since it's suggested to use different mods/enhancements either way.

The Stalker saberstaff and Survivor saberstaff have the same hilt. Versatile Hilt 40X. The hilt is what determines the weapon damage range of your double-bladed lightsaber. The only difference between the two is the mods and enhancements. But if you are gearing for a high endurance DPS tank set, you will have to manually buy all of the mods/enhancements to create the set anyway, so the weapon that you buy will be irrelevant, as the only modification that actually matters from the weapon is the hilt.

Fighting jugg tanks is always a delight. Best tactics is o avoid them until their dcds are down and strike afterwards. I love when my lol slash is parried or dodged, and how they seem most of the time immune to all my cc. In a 1v1 against a good one deception would probably lose all the time without heal2full escapes, but this should be normal. In my opinion dps should have a harder time against tanks than against other roles, but I'm not entering a debate about how I believe things should work and just accept the style of combat we have for now. Back to the immortal juggs, just wanted to mention that they are pretty annoying to go against 1v1 if they node guard, since even if the player is bad it still takes you more time than you want to afford just to kill them.

I think even fighting a PT tank is more reasonable too. Especially since their Kolto Overload doesn't send them back to full health.

I haven't fought enough tankassins though to determine where they're at. I do recall though, that tankassins in dps gear could always destroy hatred sins though.

When I used to be in tank stance with dps and tank gear, fighting tank juggs was pretty annoying, because they'd have their CDs up faster, so they could use saber reflect and other DCDs sooner. And what always sucked is that the reflected damage type wasn't the same, so I'd use depredating volts (or back in the day, force lightning) in conjunction with force shroud, and I'd still take damage... I haven't played as a tank in a while though so not sure if that was ever fixed.

I think even fighting a PT tank is more reasonable too. Especially since their Kolto Overload doesn't send them back to full health.

I haven't fought enough tankassins though to determine where they're at. I do recall though, that tankassins in dps gear could always destroy hatred sins though.

When I used to be in tank stance with dps and tank gear, fighting tank juggs was pretty annoying, because they'd have their CDs up faster, so they could use saber reflect and other DCDs sooner. And what always sucked is that the reflected damage type wasn't the same, so I'd use depredating volts (or back in the day, force lightning) in conjunction with force shroud, and I'd still take damage... I haven't played as a tank in a while though so not sure if that was ever fixed.

It hasn't change just because it's not like if you was taken force damage, it's a reflect damage, you can consider it like a distant/melee damage.

In tank, i would say jugg are very strong against our damage so just mezz go cap or mezz and go away. PT are more easy to kill even if they can take your life hardly low if you don't have some DCD.

Jugg tank's dps is a little annoying, just they take all their time to CC you which is a little boring( like Jugg tank spec is... boring :D )

Neah it's not fixed... I don't think they intend to "fix" saber reflect against shroud. It's annoying but might say I've got used to it already.

Just means they have a lot of down time where we can't really attack them then :/

On the other hand we can kite or make them waste those dcds with tricks like phase walk or cloak during that downtime. Just need better timing and wits. Heh, most juggs are just monkeys anyways. :p

Edited by DarenLoot

On the other hand we can kite or make them waste those dcds with tricks like phase walk or cloak during that downtime. Just need better timing and wits. Heh, most juggs are just monkeys anyways. :p

Yeah... I tend to go in all hot headed. I do some good burst, but of course it becomes negligible with their DCDs...

Yeah... I tend to go in all hot headed. I do some good burst, but of course it becomes negligible with their DCDs...

I do my best to kite them while they have their dcd's up. They can be really annoying with ED. Just try to kite, slow, root them.

I do my best to kite them while they have their dcd's up. They can be really annoying with ED. Just try to kite, slow, root them.

Sadly in combination with spike and low slash (among other things), I feel like I'm fighting against myself with regards to resolve...

Didn't deception used to have a 15% boost to in combat speed? Or am I thinking of another spec?

Sadly in combination with spike and low slash (among other things), I feel like I'm fighting against myself with regards to resolve...

Didn't deception used to have a 15% boost to in combat speed? Or am I thinking of another spec?

Yes, Deception used to have the speed boost fairly low in the talent tree. It's now awailable to all specs via Utiliy Points.

Don't overuse cc. In deception there aren't any roots, and yeah overuse of mezz and hard stuns will be working against yourself. But if you spread your ccs around and time them when they really count they can make the difference between living or dying. If you're in a pug or just dueling there's no use of tricks like overlapping cc to buy 1 second of hard stun, that's something to be used only in coordinated ranked matches to make a difference. But you can use things like let's say low slash on saber reflect for example, or cloak + mind trap while ED. It's true it depends on the situation. If the jugg puts on saber reflect after leap he'll be immune, so you can either PW or melee attack them while taking the charge dmg yourself if you feel that you can afford that, but if you can low slash during saber reflect that'd be the way to go.

Edited by DarenLoot