The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy names -- allow us to change them

AJediKnight

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked Stephen Reid this: it does nothing. And, not only that, but I asked what would happen if you deleted every character on the server. Know what happens then? Nothing! You can't even petition for a surname change -- the GMs are unable to do that!

I mean, really, it's mind-boggling. Name changes are just a part of life in MMOs. People get dissatisfied; they make mistakes; they have a change of heart -- how could you possibly launch a system whre NOT EVEN THE GMS CAN CHANGE SURNAMES, BIOWARE??

I agree with this post. While part of all of your characters legacy, or family tree as some dubbed it(even BW?), may be good, as the legacy progresses, some may become evil, and vice versa.

As for why I changed the font of that text to indigo, I think that applies to the possibility of somehow changing ACs... While this post has five stars, there are other posts about the same issue but with ACs that have one(Yes, mine)... I'm not trying to change the discussion anymore than pointing this out or go off-topic anymore than that, but I think that sentence relates to the other subject.

I think many people like me play game in "in-window" mode.

If i check "Fullscreen" mode - ive got only BLACKSCREEN mode... Because game cant starts nor,al with some kind of videocards. And BioWare know it. And many peoples on some forums klnow about this problem.

So... Then my time has come and i create my legacy name... "Pilip-pilip* - oh! Somebody want something from me in ICQ... I was open ICQ window, write something there... Press enter... HOLY CRAP I CREATE LEGACY NAME!!!

top right of your previous post there should be an edit option... in case you don't want to seem too incoherant later lol

top right of your previous post there should be an edit option... in case you don't want to seem too incoherant later lol

incoherant - > *incoherent.

Good Lord nm lol

I support this. The whole idea about legacy seems incredibly stupid and XBOX style to me. A Twi'Lek doesn't have the same last name as a Human, unless he/she is adopted into the same family. It's also very hard to choose a good name that you will be happy with for the rest of your SWTOR playtime. You should be able to change it whenever you like for a fee and your characters should have different names. People who choose names like Cheeseburger or Spermcake, should get a penalty, as was suggested before, because they clearly show their intention isn't to keep up a good atmosphere. It can be compared to trolling actually. Edited by nexaar

This is the most viewed topic in the suggestion category of the forums... and still no word from BW... why?

Because legacy names are the only way to keep track of trolls and ninjas in-game, and changing legacy names would make people immune to the social consequences of their misbehavior, perhaps?

Because legacy names are the only way to keep track of trolls and ninjas in-game, and changing legacy names would make people immune to the social consequences of their misbehavior, perhaps?

Sorry, but I don't believe so... you could simply hide it.

Edited by AsianRob