(KOTFE) Do you really have to do PvP to recruit a PvE companion?

Kulyok

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize this basically licenses the pve carebears to troll warzones, right. As long as they pretend to hit stuff they can't be kicked and ignore lists don't prevent grouping for pvp. :p Easy, relaxed 1000 comms. :D

If you want to embarrass yourself, embarrass your guild, and waste HOURS on each character while trying to lose 20 matches, go right ahead! Just don't come here pretending that you're being clever. You're just inviting people to ridicule you if you do this.

Edited by HaoZhao

If you want to embarrass yourself, embarrass your guild, and waste HOURS on each character while trying to lose 20 matches, go right ahead! Just don't come here pretending that you're being clever. You're just inviting people to ridicule you if you do this.

Me and my guild have done it for the pvp relics when they were better than the pve ones. So yeah. Been there, gonna do it again. And no, not clever, just taking what I'm presented with and running with it to my best advantage, which is not putting any effort into something I don't enjoy, to be rewarded with something I do enjoy. Afaik the warzones are the same time whether I put in effort or not, so I can waste time and effort or just waste time.

Edited by KyaniteD

Me and my guild have done it for the pvp relics when they were better than the pve ones. So yeah. Been there, gonna do it again. And no, not clever, just taking what I'm presented with and running with it to my best advantage, which is not putting any effort into something I don't enjoy, to be rewarded with something I do enjoy.

If spending hours making a fool out of yourself and your guild on each character seems like a great way to have PVE fun, go for it. 20 matches takes hours. When you're looking at playing many characters, you could be talking about dozens of hours. Great use of your free time, IMO. Keep fighting the good fight, champ. :rolleyes:

If spending hours making a fool out of yourself and your guild on each character seems like a great way to have PVE fun, go for it. 20 matches takes hours. When you're looking at playing many characters, you could be talking about dozens of hours. Great use of your free time, IMO. Keep fighting the good fight, champ. :rolleyes:

Thank you for letting me play the way I choose to. :) As I see it, it's no different than any other joyless grind for a specific reward that I make as bearable for myself as I can. I may not do it on every character, but I have two droid collectors who will absolutely want this one.

C'mon pvp players.. This isn't anything to you. But it means more for those of us who aren't here to make your epeen bigger. I don't play this game to make sure you have the best pvp gear. I play because I grew up with this story and galaxy.

No pvp player deserves a say. You joined this game knowing that you had to do story. I joined for the enjoyment of star wars.

You aren't real pvpers anyway. You're "kill, die, repeat" players. Play a game where there are hardcore rules. You die, your toon is DEAD.. Gone.. Forever.. You won't.. Because you are, at heart, pve players. Players who grind for their own wants.. And your wants don't earn the right to force me into your enjoyment.

I've played those games. Hardcore rules. I've pvp'd with players where my toons "honor" was at stake.. I've played when I knew my toons permanent death was waiting around every corner.

Go play with your kill, die, repeat.. But don't brag..

C'mon pvp players.. This isn't anything to you. But it means more for those of us who aren't here to make your epeen bigger. I don't play this game to make sure you have the best pvp gear. I play because I grew up with this story and galaxy.

No pvp player deserves a say. You joined this game knowing that you had to do story. I joined for the enjoyment of star wars.

You aren't real pvpers anyway. You're "kill, die, repeat" players. Play a game where there are hardcore rules. You die, your toon is DEAD.. Gone.. Forever.. You won't.. Because you are, at heart, pve players. Players who grind for their own wants.. And your wants don't earn the right to force me into your enjoyment.

I've played those games. Hardcore rules. I've pvp'd with players where my toons "honor" was at stake.. I've played when I knew my toons permanent death was waiting around every corner.

Go play with your kill, die, repeat.. But don't brag..

Want cheese with that wine?

Okay, I've been reading forum posts and Dulfy guides, and it's said that to recruit a certain companion, I'd have to do warzone matches? Play PvP? Otherwise I won't be able to recruit them? Seriously?

I'm not doing PvP, ever - I just don't want to hurt other people; doesn't work for me; I don't like it. I got legendary status, legacy level 50, 20k achievements, but no PvP. Never. Not going to.

But I do want another companion, another friend. It just doesn't make sense in my head. Why would they introduce such a strange requirement instead of a normal solo PvE quest?

For the record, I don't like recruiting Dr Lokin through Rakghoul event only, either. I've got eight(or rather eighteen) high-level characters who will need him as a companion: I can't wait for months for each of them - again, that just doesn't make sense.

I hope they'll change it in the later patches. As it stands, it just seems a really bad idea.

Hey, another reason to avoid KotFE at all costs.

No no.. Your post was enough cheese to go with the pvp *whine.. Grow some balls.. Get into a real fight..

Lol alright Mr. Internet Tough guy I'll let you enjoy that cheese with your whine...

It's a game lol. So what if they inter grate a part of that game into it.

Might as well let Pvpers just level as fast as story players do through WZ not that I care but still can't have it both ways lol

Edited by FerkWork

Just going to make hardcore PVPers mad if a bunch of PVE players are forced into doing PVP and playing bad, I'd only play for the comp so...

I'm surprised more PVPers aren't angry that us filthy casuals will be ruining their playtime by gimping their teams. :D

Seriously though, I'm a level 65 in PVE gear and predominately a clicker. With no clue about how to PVP or warzones. Do you really want me on your side?

Just another instance of the Devs being so out of touch with the player base.

I don't know how true that is... I've lvl'd to 65 in pve and haven't seen any of my companions yet... You'll need to wait till chapter 10 to see them I think

If it is true then you guys need to settle down... It's one comp... And considering pvp got ZERO love again in this Xpac... Let us have one little thing that is pvp only... If you really want Lorkin, the. Pvp a bit... It's the same as if we wanted s special pve mount...

Plus comps do jack crap now... They are basically generic... They fill any role... You don't need to gear... They aren't anymore than just bling or part of some part of the story... But I think old comps will have minimal story roles... All the new comps have the story handled

I'm surprised more PVPers aren't angry that us filthy casuals will be ruining their playtime by gimping their teams. :D

Seriously though, I'm a level 65 in PVE gear and predominately a clicker. With no clue about how to PVP or warzones. Do you really want me on your side?

Pvp teams have been gimped for so long now, any new pve people playing pvp will make little difference... As long as you listen to some basic advice and don't become a complete douche in matches, we welcome new people... Who knows, you may even come to like it... It also makes you a better pve player too as it is much harder to play than pve content... Pve content is way to easy and repetitive... At least playing against a real person you never know how hard the combat might be and every match is different

Pvp teams have been gimped for so long now, any new pve people playing pvp will make little difference... As long as you listen to some basic advice and don't become a complete douche in matches, we welcome new people... Who knows, you may even come to like it... It also makes you a better pve player too as it is much harder to play than pve content... Pve content is way to easy and repetitive... At least playing against a real person you never know how hard the combat might be and every match is different

Which is the reason a lot of PvE players avoid PvP, we don't want a challenge, we don't want to work, we just want to chillax and be awesome since none of us are in real life lol

Lol alright Mr. Internet Tough guy I'll let you enjoy that cheese with your whine...

It's a game lol. So what if they inter grate a part of that game into it.

Might as well let Pvpers just level as fast as story players do through WZ not that I care but still can't have it both ways lol

I can read by your post, you have nothing to offer.

Except all that pvpers got with this is that people who don't really care about pvp at all are forced to enter warzones.

Except what? All the others are PvE gated. We get 1 companion we have to PvP on and go nuts while the tons of things they have to PvE for in comparison. Your except fails, big when you look at how much each is forced to do in the other.

Their logic is that now all companions can be any role, and therefore what companion you bring along is basically a cosmetic choice, they can have serious consequences for companions (killing them off) or having certain companions recruited through specific content without the risk of a particular player being left screwed. In a sense you could see companion acquisition like mounts or pets now. There has been a long history of certain mounts or pets only being obtainable via certain content, this is just a continuation of that. I don't see this as a big deal, there will be other companions available through content that you do enjoy doing. Edited by ZavienUK

I can read by your post, you have nothing to offer.

Lol I'm not the one ranting and insulting people who enjoy an aspect of the game. KothFE I feel like BW goal is to integrate all aspects of the game in a unified way. But here you are whining and belittling others who play an aspect of a game as not true Pvpers. Chillax bro.

Put please tell me more how tough you are and how Real PvP is. Please this is Real Pvp

(And for the Record I only dabble in PvP as a regstar so not a PvPer in any real sense lol)

Edited by FerkWork

Except what? All the others are PvE gated. We get 1 companion we have to PvP on and go nuts while the tons of things they have to PvE for in comparison. Your except fails, big when you look at how much each is forced to do in the other.

The difference though is how many people are impacted and to what degree. PvP players...are a very...unique people in many respects. They work hard, put a lot of effort into what they do, and expect a certain level of dedication and effort to be put forth by those who step within the realm.

Having a horde of people that don't want to be there and who have no intention of putting the least bit of effort into PvP (who plan on just suffering through 20 losses to get it over with) in their back yard isn't the same as PvP players more often than not don't use companions, so they don't care and have no reason to bother with PvE.

This creates a situation where you have people who don't want to do something stuck in the same room as people who don't want the first group there.

The difference though is how many people are impacted and to what degree. PvP players...are a very...unique people in many respects. They work hard, put a lot of effort into what they do, and expect a certain level of dedication and effort to be put forth by those who step within the realm.

Having a horde of people that don't want to be there and who have no intention of putting the least bit of effort into PvP (who plan on just suffering through 20 losses to get it over with) in their back yard isn't the same as PvP players more often than not don't use companions, so they don't care and have no reason to bother with PvE.

This creates a situation where you have people who don't want to do something stuck in the same room as people who don't want the first group there.

Yet expecting them to be where they don't want to be is fine. Again the comparison you are trying to make is ridiculous when you look at what each has to do of the other.

^PvP can help you a lot in PvE in learning your class and survival. Although, was to what is more difficult I find the fact they are a human player very predictable :p

Which is the reason a lot of PvE players avoid PvP, we don't want a challenge, we don't want to work, we just want to chillax and be awesome since none of us are in real life lol

Then don't... It's only one companion... And we know they'll change it in the future because every pve person will whine and whine about it...

All the while us pvp people will never ever get any love, no matter how vocal we are...

Personally I don't care about the companion thing being locked to pvp or pve, although I think it's a bit silly that they did that....

Except you guys have one small thing that you don't like and you lose your minds over it... I mean a lot of you are frothing at the mouth like you do with any little pve thing..

There are way more important things to worry about in this game... Pve and pvp end game content things

Us pvp people have had nothing for us since 2.0 and even then it was one map that was bugged and still isn't right... We ask for some small changes in pvp or some class balance and we are never listened to... It doesn't matter how vocal we are...

So while I think it was a weird choice by the Devs to do this... Everyone losing their minds over this need to chill out and play the story you were all demanding at the expanse of any new end game content for the rest of us...

(FYI, I'm also not saying the above poster is losing his mind over this... I mean the rest of you that are)

Yet expecting them to be where they don't want to be is fine. Again the comparison you are trying to make is ridiculous when you look at what each has to do of the other.

Not quite. Depending on who you want, a PvP player can get a specific companion much much faster than a PvE player trying to get one of the two PvP locked compansions.

I tried doing a warzone earlier today, just wandered around and waited for it to end while getting mowed down to get 1/20 and start this grind. It took over half an hour, just for ONE PvP match to end. I have 15 toons. That's on average ten hours of mindless grinding each, which comes out to a hundred and fifty hours of torture T.T