Can't continue class quest, Missing Companion.

Silent_walker

(Possible Spoilers)

So I'm at a point in my class quest on my bounty hunter where I'm confronting Zale Barrows and I need Skadage with me in order to progress. Unfortunately! He is missing from my companions list (everyone else is there)

I'm at the bit where he is a guest companion and I need him in order to continue but he is missing. I can't reset the quest because I'm too far in and it won't reset that far back.

The servers shut down mid convo on the last bit of story dialogue with Zale.

Soooo, am I f***ed?

can you press "N" and call him up from there? that's the new menu for summoning companions. It's a fistlike looking icon on the menu bar on top.

No he isn't there, only my first 4 companions, I think he is missing because I didn't finish the quest where he became a full companion. (Was about to finish right when he became a full comp.) So he was still ladled as "Guest"

I'm in a similar situation although I'm not blocked by it: Kira is missing from my companion list after the update, she's not on my ship and I can't reset my quest chain to go get her again either. Stuck waiting for resolution on a ticket that will probably take weeks to answer.

I can only reset the quest but it just resets the same area I'm in. It doesn't go back far enough for me to pick up Skadage again. :(

try leaving the area, the planet even, and reset the quest. It seems a lot of quests have been reset for the update, maybe the fact that you are still in an instance related to that pre-4.0 quest is causing the issue.

My agent was in House Cortess when 4.0 hit, and when I left the instance, I wasn't able to go back in and I realized the quest had reset back to the "activate your ship's holoterminal" step. I don't mind it much personally, but some people might be confused by that stuff.

My consular is also at the exact same mission as mentioned above, saving Nadia's father. I'll log him on later today to see if I can confirm the same issue.

Edited by GabDube

I had this issue with my Jedi Knight still on Tython. When I was at the point where I was about to get T7 as a companion, he physically disappeared from the cutscene conversation. When that completed, I got to pick from the 3 custom appearances as usual, but no T7. He isn't in the crew window at all. Now, I'm stuck in the quest after defeating Bengel Morr. I can't speak to him and complete the quest because T7 is MIA.

Add me to this issue, too. Adronikos is a guest companion right now in a series of quests on Tatooine and when I logged into this char, he was nowhere to be found. Nor can I call him up from the companion list. I can't progress without him and abandoning quests just brings me back to the last one of the series but doesn't get me to where I can get him back in the party. :mad:

try leaving the area, the planet even, and reset the quest. It seems a lot of quests have been reset for the update, maybe the fact that you are still in an instance related to that pre-4.0 quest is causing the issue..

I'll try leaving the planet and not just the instance to see if it fixes it when The Harbinger server is back up again. Randomly kicked me out of the server and said A connection error had occurred. All the other servers are fine though.

Edited by Silent_walker

My problem falls into this category.

I got to Chapter V: From the Grave, Investigate the Dark Sanctuary.

I logged out for the night by returning to the Fleet base via a Fleet Pass. When I returned today, the play button was grayed out and it said, "This mission requires a follower that is unavailable at this time."

But, I have all the companions that are available up to this point in the story mode.

Already, I have called all three companions in my list. That did nothing.

If the tool grays out the "play" button, then how are we to enter the story mode? Does not seem to be a well thought out tool.

I logged out for the night by returning to the Fleet base via a Fleet Pass. When I returned today, the play button was grayed out and it said, "This mission requires a follower that is unavailable at this time."

But, I have all the companions that are available up to this point in the story mode.

If the tool grays out the "play" button, then how are we to enter the story mode? Does not seem to be a well thought out tool.

Have you tried flying from fleet to Zakuul and entering the Gravestone-story phase? That should be possible since there is some sort of taxi leading to the swamp if I remember correctly.

A friend I'm trying to get back into the game has the same problem. He's a level 44 Jedi Consular (Sage) and can't progress his class quest which requires Nadia Grell for the mission Fearless. He's tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread already too. Nadia is no where to be found.

okay, i reset the mission, which did nothing; however, when I went back to the fleet, YEE HAW, the button to play reappeared, and I was able to replay the entire chapter again.

• 7 years later...

For anyone having this issue. You have to be outside of a personal instance to properly reset it. I went back to the Fleet, left the ship area entirely so I was properly in the station. Doing it with a companion already summoned didn't work. I had to dismiss my companion, then reset Fearless. After that Nadia Grell was in my companion list.

• Like 1