Can't Abandon Quests?

DropDeadFred

OK - so it seems that there are two reasons why we can't abandon quests....

1) A quest has been automatically generated as part of a story arc and, therefore, the player would not be able to pick it up again should he need to.

This is working as designed.

2) An automatically generated bonus quest has not been auto completed/cancelled when the main quest has been handed in.

This seems to be a bug.

However - one question about part 2 - what would happen if I went off to do a quest and started the bonus quest but then didn't complete the main quest - I just abandoned it. Would you then be left with the bonus quest that couldn't be abandoned?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 15 non-class quests that I can't abandon. This is affecting my ability to pick up new ones. They are all green/grey and I don't want to waste the time doing them.

Please implement a fix for this, or give us a confirmation box. "If you accept this mission, you must complete it" I would be okay with that even

I picked up one of the bonus series quests that they offer you once you have completed the planets main story line. Straight away after picking up the quest I was unable to abandon it. The quest wasn't collected automatically so if I was able to abandon it I could still go pick it up again if I really wanted to. So why wont it let me abandon it?

Bug!

Edited by jayles

I have 6 or 7 quests in my quest log that I can not abandon, one of which is borked out and the objective decided it wasn't going to be clickable anymore, yet I can't abandon it. The button is greyed out to do that, and it was the last stage of a 3 stage bonus quest. The ones that start after killing x number of critters in an area. So now I can't even drop the quest to see if I can start over, and the clickie is no longer clickable. Confuzzling! And broken.

I hope they fix this bug, because I only have so much room in my quest logs and these are taking up valuable real estate. :)

Hmm..that's strange. Don't know what to tell you, it works for me.

Works for me as well at least for any quests I've had up through Taris.

Though if I were experiencing this I would have to say it would be quite annoying to have a list full of grey quest as many of mine go grey before I get to them. On my character I am rolling now I am lvl 27 on just reached Nar Shadda so a lot of my quests are grey as soon as I pick them up. 5 xp isn't good enough incentive for me to waste my time on them.

• 2 weeks later...
Incorrect. The missions that I have which cannot be abandoned are inconsequential to the class storyline. So there really is no reason why a player shouldn't be able to abandon them (for instance, some of them are the "Bonus" missions for Darth Lachris on Balmorra).

He didn't say anything about class story line. There are main stories for the planets and these are the quests which can't be dropped.

Still no fix for this?

I am having to get rid of quests I want to do to make room for quests that I need to do because all this garbage I don't want to do being unabandonable.

I finally attempted to do some of these obnoxious unabandonable quests and they just force me into more unabandonable quests...

fix please

Kind of unfortunate, if it's the "Bonus Series" quests that are getting to be unabandonable, since they're generally the ones that get on my nerves... NPC Fred sends me into a Republic facility with a clear objective- blow up this reactor, or sabotage that computer, or spray paint rude graffiti on that wall... so, I get in... I meet a guard who's feeling less than friendly, I introduce him to my friends Mr Lightsabre and Miss Lightning... he falls over, and suddenly NPC Fred sends a small hover droid after me with "Ooh, actually, while you're there, could you kill twenty guards too, please?"

... So, I kill twenty guards, while muttering about why NPC Fred wasn't capable of enough forward planning to give me accurate mission objectives from the start... and as guard number twenty breathes his last and I think "Ah, now I can get on with the *actual* quest objective..."... a hoverdroid appears and brightly announces "Mission Objective Updating: Steal Thirty Paperclips from the Factory Office!"...

... I can't be the only one who finds these never ending things so annoying that I'd really like to be able to target the quest objective updater droid and Shock it with a dialogue line of "No, you should have told me that before I started out and it's -ZAP- too -ZAP- late -ZAP- now!"