The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How are you enjoying the update so far?

DeLaaNie

One thing i don't get is why the commendation vendors only sell green mods now. So you are either forced to craft blues or spend over the top money for them on the GTN. Might be a problem for people that don't play mmo's to craft.

Yeah but if you actually look at their stats you see that they're about as good, and sometimes better, than the blues they replaced.

3.x - vendor sells lv49 blues rating 116

4.x - vendor sells lv48 greens rating 122

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, the game feels a little bit smooth in some way than before.

Something I really disliked were the Collection cost amounts. Some doubled, some were low a lot. For example armors that were 200cc now are 400cc. In the other hand, armors that were 720cc or 480cc are now 400cc. It plays both ways, but the prices really surprised me. Also, one of the thrones that I wanted to unlock was 200cc, now it's 400cc. Anyways, it's their game. We need to deal with changes like that.

After that, it's feeling good :]

Best Regards!

Well, I haven't experienced any weird bugs like other people, so I've been having quite a lot of fun. I like Zakuul and the new companions, and I've enjoyed the story thus far.

The only weird thing I encountered was the fact that all my companions' pants were off when I logged in (did read about that in another thread). That problem was easily fixed by putting everyone's pants back on - lol. I haven't crafted anything new as yet, but i did go and learn the new schematics at my trainer.

You would think it was a disaster based on the crying I've seen in other threads (I understand complaints about bugs - I just mean those end-of-the-freaking-world-type posts). Even at max level with mobs close to/at my level and my somewhat older gear, I still seem to be just fine and am not having any problems combat-wise.

All went smooth....patching and installing.

The story not really enjoy at all ( only do to chapter 6 ), ive played it with my SW and feel that is not the story that my SW had to have....too many choice that not really matters for the Empire Wrath.

That is only my feelings and dont try it with other char.

I didnt find any graphical bugs and conversations bugs and ...... yes the choices you made take consecuences in other persons you find throught history.....right now i remember someone you find with any relation previously on imperial ship at start.

Sorry for my bad english.

!Yeah but if you actually look at their stats you see that they're about as good, and sometimes better, than the blues they replaced.

3.x - vendor sells lv49 blues rating 116

4.x - vendor sells lv48 greens rating 122"

This.

But what do you expect when people are so shallow that they dont fact check. "OMG i lost all my schematics QQ". Yeah. But you got new, better ones.

Love it so far, dont have early access, but rest of the changes are great.

1. Crafting - much needed consolidation, loving it.

2. Level sync - awesome

3. Companion/alliance - great, lot of potential there, my companions got SIGNIFICANT buff lol, have 1500+ presence from what i skimmed over

They did remove armors from vendors, but meh, most of those shells are craftable and i have most of scematics.

Planetary vendors sold single piece of "planet set" anyway, so i dont see big fuss there. All "planet sets" are craftable. PvP vendors are more regretable, but they are obtainable from class legacy vendor, so again, looks are obtainable (even if at a much greater cost, but it can be circumvented by inheritance/birthright thingies)

All in all great stuff.

I will wait until I have done more of the story before I read this thread my patching seemed to take ages to do (like a couple of hours) but then I finally started the KoTFE story and did chapter 1 and 2 but did enjoy the story so far.

I just hope the rest of the chapters going forward are a bit longer than this as I was not skipping conversations at all and it still only lasted less than 1 hour (about 50 mins to be more accurate).

But there are some annoying glitches in the game such as Kira not being able to equip a weapon.

1) Story: Very good. This is what Makeb and SoR should've been like. I couldn't stop playing last night until I finished the chapter IX.

2) Few bugs, nothing major: sound dropping out at some points, clipping issues on Arcann's armor during cutscenes, getting stuck to terrain.

3) A bit confusing: crafting changes, endgame currency changes etc.

4) Companions/followers: Very good here too. I didn't think I would like to see companion of another class following and helping me. But actually it's refreshing. And finally actual force user as healer!

Only played with Commando so I can't say anything about the class changes.

Edited by Halinalle

I like it, the game feels a little bit smooth in some way than before.

Something I really disliked were the Collection cost amounts. Some doubled, some were low a lot. For example armors that were 200cc now are 400cc. In the other hand, armors that were 720cc or 480cc are now 400cc. It plays both ways, but the prices really surprised me. Also, one of the thrones that I wanted to unlock was 200cc, now it's 400cc. Anyways, it's their game. We need to deal with changes like that.

After that, it's feeling good :]

Best Regards!

Form what ive seen there are many many more cheaper stuff in collections, and there are some more expencive.

This is a COLOSSAL blunder on bw part!!!! Just horribad. 3 hours to hit top lvl. a story thats on rails so hard it should be a kiddie ride at a theme park, and no immersion into what happening around the character. its just a" kill this then kill that" slide into boredom!!!

Quiet possibly the death rattle for this game!!!!

This is a COLOSSAL blunder on bw part!!!! Just horribad. 3 hours to hit top lvl. a story thats on rails so hard it should be a kiddie ride at a theme park, and no immersion into what happening around the character. its just a" kill this then kill that" slide into boredom!!!

Quiet possibly the death rattle for this game!!!!

Dude... I think you're a bit too obvious.

Story is excellent.

From what I've seen of the abilities, I'm curious how the PVP changes are going to play out.

I got to chapter 5 and am going to hold off for now, but I have no doubt I will finish within a few days.

Minor frustration with how this seems to be more like Mass Effect/Dragon Age and less like an MMO. I havent really had much run ins with other players, and areas seem to be very "one and done".

That being said: the UI changes and minor graphical upgrade to NPCs is great.

The writing has seen a dramatic improvement as well. Kudos to whoever decided HK should be a little more lively.

I just finished all the available chapters and star fortress... didn't run into any of the launcher /download/game etc problem the normal doomsayer and negative People are complain about .

No Kira .cant change the outfit on lana but other wise went well interesting story hopefully Kira will show up at some point.

Sneaking these changes in is disgusting. Feels like a surprise attack from vampires. I know, they can do whatever they want but would have liked to use my meager cartel coins to unlock things before they double (or more) the prices. All in all, I'll just end up unlocking less armors and things account wide after this. It does not motivate me to buy cartel coins at all.

Sneaking these changes in is disgusting. Feels like a surprise attack from vampires. I know, they can do whatever they want but would have liked to use my meager cartel coins to unlock things before they double (or more) the prices. All in all, I'll just end up unlocking less armors and things account wide after this. It does not motivate me to buy cartel coins at all.

There are many many more cheaper ones than more expencive ones.

And thats across the board, from weapons to toys.

Edited by Mikahrtwo

I enjoyed it all the way up to chapter 9 when my character lost the ability to speak during conversation. It really ruined the rest of the game for me. I chose an option of what to say & your character no longer speaks while whomever you are speaking to does.

Also selecting a new crew sucks as you do not really select them, rather you just go get them & do things to convince them to go with you.

Before chapter 9 I was captivated & really enjoying it, but now not so much.

I had a few issues to deal with before starting the "Outlander" story. 1. Reapplying my abilities as they'd been rest. 2. Tried to find out what happened to Treeks gear, which was gone. 3. Sent in a ticket regarding the Makeb Gazebo I'm supposed to receive after completing "Well Connected" on the Imperial side, which I didn't.

The story so far, I'm just at the beginning of number 6, is by the best I've ever seen in this MMO. The animation and cut scenes are very well rendered, and the game play is smooth, even with all my graphic settings at max.

Bravo BioWare.

I haven't found one down side to the expac yet, not even the level sync. :)

After 4.5 hrs of both patch and trying to hope through all my toons and then check stuff out. Rolled my free 60 to test the water out. Only few things that still has me wondering why some of the old comps got new weapon skills and still trying to find out what they are Ie tano Vick can no longer use the 192 weapon I got for him back when SoR was a weekly. And from others I seen on tweeter there a few others. But story was cool but there comes a point after 65 the running around trying to get the New crew but still can only send out 6 for crew skills.:confused:

I'm really digging the new chapter content and the revamped core systems.

But I have a story problem I can't make sense of...

They never clearly establish how much time has passed between the destruction of Ziost, and the start of Chapter 1. And that's confusing because you have The Emperor in a new body, but evidently he's been there so long that he built a new empire, fathered two kids who grew up to adulthood, and he also built a fleet bigger than anything the galaxy's ever seen. That to me would require literally a 30+ year gap before the expansion starts.

Also, the opening cinematic shows this massive war that raged across the galaxy tearing up the Republic and the Empire, and there's a reference to Korriban being blasted... but there's nothing about that having happened in the regular game to that point.

The timeline for this is REALLY not making sense to me... did I completely miss a huge chunk of content somewhere?

I'm really digging the new chapter content and the revamped core systems.

But I have a story problem I can't make sense of...

They never clearly establish how much time has passed between the destruction of Ziost, and the start of Chapter 1. And that's confusing because you have The Emperor in a new body, but evidently he's been there so long that he built a new empire, fathered two kids who grew up to adulthood, and he also built a fleet bigger than anything the galaxy's ever seen. That to me would require literally a 30+ year gap before the expansion starts.

Also, the opening cinematic shows this massive war that raged across the galaxy tearing up the Republic and the Empire, and there's a reference to Korriban being blasted... but there's nothing about that having happened in the regular game to that point.

The timeline for this is REALLY not making sense to me... did I completely miss a huge chunk of content somewhere?

Valkorian is his real body. you know how he was always speaking through the "voice of the emperor" ? the body you thought was the emperor's real body? still another voice. this is also why Emperor was silent for a while, especially the decades after treaty of Coruscant

Valkorian is his real body. you know how he was always speaking through the "voice of the emperor" ? the body you thought was the emperor's real body? still another voice. this is also why Emperor was silent for a while, especially the decades after treaty of Coruscant

Is that explicitly explained anywhere and I just completely missed it, or is it in codex lore/hinted at?

i finally get on and i an totally unhappy with the changes that ware made to the characters.

they nerfed it worse than WOW ever has. the companions are totally useless and the only use i can see for them is an extra place to hold your extra gear, and an easy way to get to it when you want to change it out

i was involved with the original beta and i loved the way you could tweek your toon and the companion but that ability is gone

after looking over my different characters i was so disheartened i closed the game and at this point i am not sure if i will even get back on to see what the new content is like

:(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Enjoying all of it so far. Took me forever to decide what character I wanted to start KOTFE with. Sent Darth Occlus in first :hope_02:

All the whining over level sync, not even that big a deal in the end. Oh noes I aggro'd a mob. Ok few extra seconds to wipe them out. I like how the companions are now. Course some of them I would never use them as a healer or tank because that is how I see them. Most I would use as dps a few as healers and a few as tanks. Force users I see as being able to do all three roles. Now need to see who I bring back.