Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

KOTFE Level 60 character creation is bugged

Mausen

Nice to have a Dream but that doesnt happend, they never Talked to Us about something like this. Only Thing they is they look in to this and then badly Silence. They are not Interested what Players want they only want our Money and then we have to shut the **** up. This is a major Problem but they didnt announced it on the Launcher or somewhere else, no let these Stupids buy the Tokens they work maybe in a few weeks who knows we dont care we want the Money. Edited by Shyaster

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something that should be mentioned on the Laucher, even the main page would be nice.

• bought cartel coins
  • bought a level 60 token
  • redeamed it
  • made a level one Operative
  • deleted
  • retried
  • deleted
  • made another
  • level 1 still
  • made another
  • also level one
  • reset game
  • no level 60

:mad:

Hey folks,

We wanted to get some information out about the issue you are experiencing. First off, there is a bug that can occur when you make a level 60 character, it instead creates it as a level 1 and places you on the fleet. Without going too technical, basically the game is moving faster than your account is, which is creating the issue. Here are a few important notes to be aware of:

• Go slow – When going through the character creation process take your time, watch the Sacrifice trailer that starts your level 60 character. This can give time for your account to recognize the start at 60 character and to potentially avoid the level 1 issue.
  • If you end up in the game as a level 1 when using a token, you can delete that character to have the token returned to you. After you have deleted the character, give it some time, you will see that token restored. At this point you can try to create a level 60, but once again please take your time.

With a lot of level 60s being made, there is an element of a bottleneck occurring. But do not worry, even if you experience the bug, the start at level 60 token is in no way lost. It may take some time to be restored but it will happen. Know that if you continue to make / delete characters without waiting for your account to catch up, you can exacerbate the issue.

We are working to correct this as soon as possible, but the information above can work to potentially avoid it, or work around it. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks. This method worked after the fourth try.

Just want to say, the explanation provided doesn't really fit the problem as I've experienced it.

"Go slow" - it took me close to an hour on the last page of the character creator to find a name I could live with that wasn't taken. Hard to imagine going much slower, but I wound up with a Level 1 anyway.

"Watch the Sacrifice cinematic" - I am getting the Level 1 character cinematic, and after I finished watching it, I'm Level 1. It seems pretty likely that if I got the Level 60 cinematic, the problem would be solved already.

Just want to say, the explanation provided doesn't really fit the problem as I've experienced it.

"Go slow" - it took me close to an hour on the last page of the character creator to find a name I could live with that wasn't taken. Hard to imagine going much slower, but I wound up with a Level 1 anyway.

"Watch the Sacrifice cinematic" - I am getting the Level 1 character cinematic, and after I finished watching it, I'm Level 1. It seems pretty likely that if I got the Level 60 cinematic, the problem would be solved already.

Exactly my experience.

Followed the instructions as well to delete and try again and token has gone :mad::mad:

Its not good enough for them to just tell us to "take it slow". I "took it slow" 4 times, and it did not work. After deleting the level one for the fourth time, my token has now vanished.

I'm really not happy about this, especially after spending the money for another token.

Edited by Tobylerone

i waited 1 day and i still don't have it back..

Nope you wont get token back now. I confirm same thing happened to me also. My 1 free level 60 token has goen from character creation screen after deleting bugged level 1 toon many times. Now it needs server side fix and thats it. I waited now about 9h still nothing.

Edited by Divona

So I got also problem with level 60 chars - All the time when I create one I get lvl 1 char instead of lvl60. I get my token back but I can't make lvl60.

Waiting for it is useless when loading screen is for lvl1 players who are starting HUTTTA !!! Please play your game and try this thing also before u start giving us useless advices!

So I got also problem with level 60 chars - All the time when I create one I get lvl 1 char instead of lvl60. I get my token back but I can't make lvl60.

Waiting for it is useless when loading screen is for lvl1 players who are starting HUTTTA !!! Please play your game and try this thing also before u start giving us useless advices!

I wouldnt try anymore until theres a fix mine was the same then randomly after one attempt of deleting and trying the token was gone.

And this was working in early access. So something they "fixed" broke this. You'd think that after all this time those morons in development would have learned to regression test.

Nope, it was broke during early access as well.

My son's re-subbed account - which spawned a level 1 character and then, on deletion, did not give the option to create another character - is still in exactly the same position and with NO RESPONSE from CS.

I have already cancelled the sub for me and my son and will see the content through in the first month and then shun the game; that is, if this get's addressed for him.

I wonder how many more people will make the same mistake - or purchase it from the store - and go through the same crap TODAY?

THIS SHOULD BE ADDRESSSED AS YOU KNOW IT IS AN ISSUE AND WHAT YOU ARE THEREFORE DOING, BY TAKING PEOPLES MONEY, IS FRAUDULENT!

Edited by SPAMBAM

Nope, it was broke during early access as well.

Well during early access I was able to create my free 60 and a purchased 60. Tuesday I tried another purchased 60 and it failed and token not refunded after delete. So I'm guessing they somehow broke it or it was just less common then.

Instant lvl 60 was the worst idea ever anyway leading to a bunch of undergeared people with no clue how to play their class.

I'd say that this is working as intended as a temporary fix to their design mistake.

Move along, troll!

People here have a genuine problem they want resolving.

Instant lvl 60 was the worst idea ever anyway leading to a bunch of undergeared people with no clue how to play their class.

I'd say that this is working as intended as a temporary fix to their design mistake.

If you never did fps while leveling and didn't do any group content until endgame the result is the same. If you are an experienced player just not on that class then you will know to work out a rotation, check out gearing guide/info and play around for a bit before doing endgame. If you are a new player and don't bother learning specifics, then it probably wouldn't matter you weren't going to be working on an optimal rotation or gearing anyway. In 3.0 before 12xp I've seen lvl 60 sins/ops who didn't know they had stealth, why, because they never read the abilities and didn't need to.

/bump

Bought a 60 char boost from the Cartel Market , used it and got the level 1 character on the fleet . logged out when i got back in I couldn't create the level 60 anymore and no item restored to inventory . What a bummer dude and I was really looking forward to this , called phone support they told me to make a ticket in-game.

Now the waiting begins... good life :confused:

Edited by offence

/bump

Bought a 60 char boost from the Cartel Market , used it and got the level 1 character on the fleet. What a bummer dude and I was really looking forward to this , called phone support they told me to make a ticket in-game.

Now the waiting begins... good life :confused:

After 3 days for me and still nothing and no eta on fix, don't hold your breath.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.