KOTFE Level 60 character creation is bugged

Mausen

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting that one of the main features in 4.0 wasn't working day one, put back in to still be glitched, and now taken out again. It seems that 4.0 is more buggy than any other expansion, but it honestly did change a lot to the game. So, I wont do ANY of the new story yet until companions are 100% fixed, and they aren't yet. So, until then I am just doing the daily Ops GF raids and getting gear.

Hey folks,

After posting the workaround information yesterday, we continued to investigate the issues that some of you are experiencing with your Start at 60 tokens not being restored. It does appear that in some cases, a player can end up in a state where their start at 60 character does not create properly, and then their token is also not being restored to them. We are going to be removing the Start at 60 token off of the Cartel Market immediately. Also, in the meantime, we recommend that you do not use any Start at 60 tokens as it is possible that you could end up in this state as well. Note that start at 60 tokens include those bought from the Cartel Market, the GTN, and the free level 60 granted to subscribers in KotFE.

It is our goal to get this fixed ASAP, and the moment I have more information on when we will be fixing it I will pass it on. If you already experienced this issue, hold tight, I will be getting more information on how to get your individual states resolved as well (contacting CS, waiting for maintenance, etc.)

Thank you for your understanding, I will pass on information as I have it.

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric. Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion that's been floating around the forums.

It is going to take a bit to take it off the Market, but we are working to get it down as soon as possible. No patch required to take it off the CM.

-eric

Will you be giving tokens back to those that lost one and made a ticket about it? I don't want a refund. I want my token back.

Edited by ChiefofCereal

Yeah I started playing again after 2 years and I made a 60, didnt like how it looked in game, deleted it, and couldnt get my token back.

will these be refunded too? I thought it was only the level 1 glitched ones? (for what it's worth I did the same)

We've only been reporting this for two weeks now, with little and /or useless responses from support - and NOW you guys finally half admit it happens? Classy.

Yeah, no kidding. There have been numerous complaints starting with early access. Numerous people sending multiple tickets, that get you a slap in face response, " sorry for you troubles, nothing we can do". Numerous threads, bug reports, posts, so on. Now, it's just now being investigated? Are you serious?! You haven't looked into it until now? What a joke...

They need to fire the entire customer support team and get some trained/qualified people in place. They need to fire anyone/everyone that new this problem was going and did nothing about it.

I tried getting a refund. It is their policy or they said anyways that they will not refund money spent on cartel coins and they cannot or wont refund coins over the phone. And to contact in game CSR who by the way does not respond. And according to the 2 people on the phone they have no idea how long it takes for CSR to respond.

So you cannot get a refund. Oh and they wont refund what you paid for to play either. So if you pay by month like me you cannot get that back and cancel.

Great service huh....? And to think I have played since beta.

All of which is clearly spelled out in the user agreements. If you chose to accept them without reading them, that's on you, not them.

All of which is clearly spelled out in the user agreements. If you chose to accept them without reading them, that's on you, not them.

WOW That's awesome. And that makes taking people's money and not providing the service they paid for okay in your mind. Funny.

Edited by lordnathanial
Because

Hey folks,

After posting the workaround information yesterday, we continued to investigate the issues that some of you are experiencing with your Start at 60 tokens not being restored. It does appear that in some cases, a player can end up in a state where their start at 60 character does not create properly, and then their token is also not being restored to them. We are going to be removing the Start at 60 token off of the Cartel Market immediately. Also, in the meantime, we recommend that you do not use any Start at 60 tokens as it is possible that you could end up in this state as well. Note that start at 60 tokens include those bought from the Cartel Market, the GTN, and the free level 60 granted to subscribers in KotFE.

It is our goal to get this fixed ASAP, and the moment I have more information on when we will be fixing it I will pass it on. If you already experienced this issue, hold tight, I will be getting more information on how to get your individual states resolved as well (contacting CS, waiting for maintenance, etc.)

Thank you for your understanding, I will pass on information as I have it.

-eric

As one of the people who have lost a token due to this, I'm very much looking forward for a fix. I also hope that those of us who lost tokens because of such bugs will get them re-granted and not just have their tickets closed and ignored with a "nothing we can do" message from "Customer Service". Edited by Glzmo

I had a problem with this 2 days ago, I just got back into the game (have not played since launch) and couldn't remember my old account so I created a new one. I immediately subbed so I went to use the level 60 they give subs and it didn't work, I was still level 1. Deleted the character and tried again, still level 1. So I bought a level 60 coin from the Cartel Market...didn't work. So it seems like I wasted my free level 60 for a subscriber and 2000 Cartel coins. I'm still waiting to hear back I sent in the ticket 2 days ago.

As one of the people who have lost a token due to this, I'm very much looking forward for a fix. I also hope that those of us who lost tokens because of such bugs will get them re-granted and not just have their tickets closed and ignored with a "nothing we can do" message from "Customer Service".

I couldn't agree more...I just want my token so I can make a 60. Personally if they would flat out say we will be refunding all of the tokens when we fix the issue and if it cannot be fixed we will refund the coins spent people would be happier. At least I would.

So on top of the token that was not refunded upon deleting my lvl 60 turned lvl 1, I had a token in the "Unclaimed" section of the CM because I didn't want to use it after the first one failed but I wanted it before they stopped going on sale. With BW taking it off the CM I presume it doesn't affect my unclaimed token?

• Go slow – When going through the character creation process take your time, watch the Sacrifice trailer that starts your level 60 character. This can give time for your account to recognize the start at 60 character and to potentially avoid the level 1 issue.

By the way, this is really old Information that already got debunked in the Answer HQ and reported in tickets a couple of days after the expansion launched. I wonder why you guys have such outdated information? Is there no communication between support, QA, developers and community team?

What actually happens when the character gets bugged is that neither the KOTFE Trailer nor the Star Wars Scroll for KOTFE plays. Only the level 1 (Class story start) Star Wars Scroll plays as if you create a level 1 character. Skipping the videos doesn't really seem to cause the bug, as the character gets bugged before the videos even start to play, which is evident by it playing only the videos for level 1 instead of the KOTFE ones which play when you successfully manage to create a level 60 character.

Edited by Glzmo

This is quite frustrating. My friend referred me, I purchased the game, bought a 60 days game card.

Created a character and it was level 1, deleted and re-created, level 1 again.. deleted and now no token.

I have created a ticker but upon reading this thread I guess I am in for a long wait... I called the UK customer service and.. well.. to put it politely they couldn't help. Told to sit tight and wait for a fix. Was unable to tell me if my game time would be restarted from when my level 60 character is available.

The lovely ladies response was "well you can play the game cant you?!" /sigh.

I wanted to give this game another chance. This has really hurt my 2nd impression. Please just fix it asap.. I want to play with friends. The longer this take the less likely I am to re-sub again.

I wouldn't care if it took me 10 attempts to beat the L1 bug. The larger issue here is that the 60 character creation option vanishes after a few attempts.

I am confident they will fix it and we'll get it back (in my case x2) but it's the fact that A) it's not even being recognised in the official 4.0 Known Issues thread, and B) it's not going to happen today / tomorrow!