KOTFE Level 60 character creation is bugged

Mausen

I wish I saw this thread earlier. I bought a level 60 token to try a new class, but I got a level 1 standing on the fleet. Thought I did something wrong so I deleted the character to try again, but now there is no option to recreate the level 60. After scanning the forum, I just realized that this is a known issue. I wish they give us a warning about this bug when logging in. That was $20 down the drain.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We wanted to get some information out about the issue you are experiencing. First off, there is a bug that can occur when you make a level 60 character, it instead creates it as a level 1 and places you on the fleet. Without going too technical, basically the game is moving faster than your account is, which is creating the issue. Here are a few important notes to be aware of:

• Go slow – When going through the character creation process take your time, watch the Sacrifice trailer that starts your level 60 character. This can give time for your account to recognize the start at 60 character and to potentially avoid the level 1 issue.
  • If you end up in the game as a level 1 when using a token, you can delete that character to have the token returned to you. After you have deleted the character, give it some time, you will see that token restored. At this point you can try to create a level 60, but once again please take your time.

With a lot of level 60s being made, there is an element of a bottleneck occurring. But do not worry, even if you experience the bug, the start at level 60 token is in no way lost. It may take some time to be restored but it will happen. Know that if you continue to make / delete characters without waiting for your account to catch up, you can exacerbate the issue.

We are working to correct this as soon as possible, but the information above can work to potentially avoid it, or work around it. Thanks everyone.

-eric

This is completely inaccurate! I did exactly what you said. And I ended up with the cutscene to Ord Mantell, NOT the KotFE opening. You guys really need to get your story accurate. I just crated a gunslinger and got a lvl 1 slinger on fleet.

Totally wrong.

I had better get my token back.

What a joke of a company. The level 60 boost was my entire reason for subbing to play the new expansion, yet I can't even do that because it's bugged! How does something like this not get caught before release, and how the hell is it not a top priority fix?

So now I can't play at all what I wanted to play. This is ridiculous, though I shouldn't be surprised.

Okay. Here it is. I did not need to get my token back. I deleted the character BEFORE getting any mail or doing anything else. The Create new 60 was back in my char creation option menu.

So....

I went through character creation again.

What I changed from default:

Race (and various looks) but I did choose a race that is unlocked without anything special.

What I did NOT change:

I did not change my advanced spec. I left it at sharpshooter and decided to change it later.

This time, I got the KotFE intro and the new story instead.

I am thinking maybe changing the advance spec might be the problem?

You won't get your token back but so long as you don't open a bunch of mail or whatever (can't verify this) you still have the option to created another character!

I hope this helps.

Ok folks, tried creating a level 60 character 5 times. It worked on the last time, after I read this thread.

What I did, was simply make the toon, typed in the name, and walked away from it for five minutes.

Came back, pressed create, worked that time

I also paid $20 for 2,000 in game credits,then bought a token.got a level 1 instead of a 60.deleted/re-created.now I have no token..no 60..No option to create a 60..called swtor to check on my ticket..was told.........being processed..so...wait.wait.wait..then wait some more.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok folks, tried creating a level 60 character 5 times. It worked on the last time, after I read this thread.

What I did, was simply make the toon, typed in the name, and walked away from it for five minutes.

Came back, pressed create, worked that time

The bug isn't the real issue though, the missing tokens/money is :(

Okay. Here it is. I did not need to get my token back. I deleted the character BEFORE getting any mail or doing anything else. The Create new 60 was back in my char creation option menu.

So....

I went through character creation again.

What I changed from default:

Race (and various looks) but I did choose a race that is unlocked without anything special.

What I did NOT change:

I did not change my advanced spec. I left it at sharpshooter and decided to change it later.

This time, I got the KotFE intro and the new story instead.

I am thinking maybe changing the advance spec might be the problem?

You won't get your token back but so long as you don't open a bunch of mail or whatever (can't verify this) you still have the option to created another character!

I hope this helps.

It might be helpful for some, but I created a 60 didn't change spec, got lvl 1 intro and put on fleet and didn't even move before logging out and deleting. Seems like the process itself is buggy and there are a bunch of different bugs associated with it.

The bug isn't the real issue though, the missing tokens/money is :(

Yep...

The bug sucks but what is worse is they wont give you your coins back, refund your money, heck or even respond to you. Their call in CSR are useless and the ingame CSR doesn't respond.

Its a bug we paid money and you should want to make it better.

A lot of talk here about tokens and I do genuinely hope you get your issues resolved.

For me I have subbed (yesterday) and on deleting the ridiculous Level 1 character, I now have NO option to remake one.

Could they not just patch it so I get the option back, at least....??

I'm having this issue as well, I keep getting Level 1s that start out at the fleet. I tried creating a character on a different realm to play with a friend, and don't even get the cutscene when I select a faction for character creation. I always get the initial cutscene for the Sith Inquisitor (Prologue, show up at Korriban) and then I start out at the fleet. I tried "going slow," and that did not work, either.

I confirm token is gone and im sure like for many others we cant even try level 60 char anymore until Bioware fixes it server side. I dont have high hopes maybe next week maintenance?

Oh well im avoiding Cartel market and other collection activities until ALL is fixed even the lag when unlocking collection items.

This is still happening? :eek:

It's been 15 or so days since first reported. Has there even been an official mention of it?

They gave some workaround that doesn't work but other than that they wont help from a CSR level. At least not me anyways. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with their CSR people and have several tickets in game they wont respond to.

Hey folks,

We wanted to get some information out about the issue you are experiencing. First off, there is a bug that can occur when you make a level 60 character, it instead creates it as a level 1 and places you on the fleet. Without going too technical, basically the game is moving faster than your account is, which is creating the issue. Here are a few important notes to be aware of:

• Go slow – When going through the character creation process take your time, watch the Sacrifice trailer that starts your level 60 character. This can give time for your account to recognize the start at 60 character and to potentially avoid the level 1 issue.
  • If you end up in the game as a level 1 when using a token, you can delete that character to have the token returned to you. After you have deleted the character, give it some time, you will see that token restored. At this point you can try to create a level 60, but once again please take your time.

With a lot of level 60s being made, there is an element of a bottleneck occurring. But do not worry, even if you experience the bug, the start at level 60 token is in no way lost. It may take some time to be restored but it will happen. Know that if you continue to make / delete characters without waiting for your account to catch up, you can exacerbate the issue.

We are working to correct this as soon as possible, but the information above can work to potentially avoid it, or work around it. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey Eric,

I attempted to follow these directions; however, I am not seeing the Sacrifice trailer at all. After character creation I always load into the prologue scroll. I am able to delete my toon and get back my free unlock though.

Looking forward to a fix here,

oof

They gave some workaround that doesn't work but other than that they wont help from a CSR level. At least not me anyways. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with their CSR people and have several tickets in game they wont respond to.

Have you tried getting a refund? I've only been subbed for one day but I want my damn money back if I can't even play the content I subbed for. This is some ********.

And it's been known for 15 days!? How has this not been fixed?

Okay I saw the help center post on this topic where if you skip the video right when you make a level 60 toon you will be level 1 at the fleet it said to just delete the toon and not skip the video so I deleted my toon I made btw I bought 2 level 60 tokens yesterday so like $40 down the drain atm if I don't get this back, but both my tokens are gone I can't make any level 60 toons and I have a support ticket in but I'm not waiting forever when I spent good money on something I should be able to use right now.