Welcome to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Knights of the Fallen Empire Early Access!

TaitWatson

Dude - a larger file means a lot more stuff changing. Cool your jets. Youd leave a game because you need instant gratification? I would suggest you let the game install over the day and dont even touch your computer. Its the biggest patch so far - its going to take awhile.

so why subscribe to a game you cant play cause it is taking forever on an archaic internet speed to download, might as well save my money and play as a F2P, also only managed to install another 5% in an hour :(

Edited by rega

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well so far it has taken over 3 hour just to install the new patch ? and only at 78% yet so at this rate it will take another hour yet which means by the time I have finished downloading this snail pace slow patch I wont have time to even play the damn game tonight, if this is going to be the norm as it has been for the previous patches I will seriously have to think about cancelling my subscription all together.

I never understand rage posts like these.

You realize that other people have already downloaded the patch and started playing, right? Hell, I even downloaded the whole game on a new comp and started playing.

This means the problem is on your end, and your computer...which is no fault of Bioware's. So directing your rage towards them is accomplishing nothing.

I have been subbed for 2 months now, when I click on create a new character it says I can make a level 1 but the level 60 will not let me click it and it is saying I can purchase a token in the store however I don't see it in the store. Anyone having similar issues?

I also thought something was wrong and wrote a ticket etc., in the end it simply turns out that the rules of early access vs subscription were not exactly spelled out. I thought it is enough to sub any time between August 10th and October 19th. ( I subbed on Sept 17th) Unfortunately it seems that in order to get early access you should have had an active subscription throughout that whole period. That means that you had to start your subscription before the 10th of August! If you subbed after that date you will still get our bonus items, but only after the official launch.

I feel terribly cheated. Sure, I should have read the fine print a bit more carefully, but there is no doubt that BW should have made it more clear!

I also thought something was wrong and wrote a ticket etc., in the end it simply turns out that the rules of early access vs subscription were not exactly spelled out. I thought it is enough to sub any time between August 10th and October 19th. ( I subbed on Sept 17th) Unfortunately it seems that in order to get early access you should have had an active subscription throughout that whole period. That means that you had to start your subscription before the 10th of August! If you subbed after that date you will still get our bonus items, but only after the official launch.

I feel terribly cheated. Sure, I should have read the fine print a bit more carefully, but there is no doubt that BW should have made it more clear!

I have early access and I have been subbed since October 2nd. The emails and communication clearly stated that if I subbed before the 19th I would get a swoop bike and free level 60.

I will quote their line

Subscribe by October 19 to get the Swoop Mount – and all subscribers get a Free Level 60 Character!

Edited by KerryCollins

You realize that other people have already downloaded the patch and started playing, right? Hell, I even downloaded the whole game on a new comp and started playing.

This means the problem is on your end, and your computer...which is no fault of Bioware's. So directing your rage towards them is accomplishing nothing.

oh I'm realy sorry if this upsets you about people complaining cause the download and verifying process took 2 mins but the installation is taking forever , and good for you if you can afford a top of the range computer and a 200GB internet connection but the rest of us live in the real world and don't have 3 -4k sat in our back pockets and we also have to earn what we have and as I said in my later post the problem is with the archaic internet download speeds what good is a 200KBps download these days unless its for small documents.

I have early access and I have been subbed since October 2nd. The emails and communication clearly stated that if I subbed before the 19th I would get a swoop bike and free level 60.

I will quote their line

Subscribe by October 19 to get the Swoop Mount – and all subscribers get a Free Level 60 Character!

thats what I thought also and have been subbed almost the same amount time as thats abt when i started playing the game

thats what I thought also and have been subbed almost the same amount time as thats abt when i started playing the game

I mean I have been playing since 2009 off and on however I just reactivated my sub on the 2nd so I am not sure if that Makes a difference or not.

I will quote their line

Maybe it only means that you will get that bike plus a lvl 60 once the game goes officially public on the 27th? Those lvl 60 chars will normally cost cartel points so you will be getting one free plus the bike after 27th. What do you mean you have early access? Can you play the new KOFE story? If not then I am probably right and we have been mind tricked :-)

Edited by crowncrow

I mean I have been playing since 2009 off and on however I just reactivated my sub on the 2nd so I am not sure if that Makes a difference or not.

not according what they saying the rules are they saying from april 10 to oct 19th subbed which isnt exactly what their site says

site says if you subbed this time in apr you get this item this time here you get another and oct 19th u get bike and all get lvl 60 so they need to just admit a screw up and give all subs by oct 19th the early one and fix the lvl 60 thing

Maybe it only means that you will get that bike plus a lvl 60 once the game goes officially public on the 27th? Those lvl 60 chars will normally cost cartel points so you will be getting one free plus the bike after 27th. What do you mean you have early access? Can you play the new KOFE story? If not then I am probably right and we have been mind tricked :-)

I assumed I did when I logged in and it said the new expansion and early access at the top however I do not have a level 60 to try the story quests lol

I assumed I did when I logged in and it said the new expansion and early access at the top however I do not have a level 60 to try the story quests lol

Well I do have a level 60, and I have no KOFE story to play... and I didn't get my new free level 60 as well. After reading the fine print I simply realised that those gifts: bikes, Niko's blaster or duster is something you get immediately only if you have early access ( subbed before 10th of August). If you subbed after 10th of August but before the 19th of October you still get your free lvl 60 ( they will cost cartel points for all the others) plus your gifts but only with the main launch on the 27th.

Edited by crowncrow

Correction, after reading the patch notes, it states to get early access you must have been a subscriber on the 4 dates however the rest of us can play in a week and get our 60's.

They've clearly F------ a ton of people. I called customer service. After being on hold for 50 minutes I was told I missed early access by a matter of hours. Which infuriated me. I was billed on 9/30 east coast time but because my payment wasn't processed before 2 am Eastern I was shut out. Ridiculous! At that moment my enthusiasm was sucked out of me. If KOTFE isn't the best thing since sliced bread I'm out for good. It really feels like a bait and switch. Not only that, but I'm SOL on the swoop bike. Looking forward to Battlefront. (I know everyone has their opinions on that) But after this? I'm jaded and won't be jumping at the chance to pay $17 next month. Edited by joshdamage

Correction, after reading the patch notes, it states to get early access you must have been a subscriber on the 4 dates however the rest of us can play in a week and get our 60's.

It thats the case they should have highlighted that fact a bit better i.e. only subscribing on those particular dates - example: Nico's duster on Sept 30 - will gives early access. I and many other people it seems understood: subscribing any day before the 30 of September will give me the duster plus early access.

Edited by crowncrow

The issue is Bitraider which takes litterary eons for a lot of people, irrespective of their connection/PC.

You can go back to the original direct patching and have it done in a comparative flash, but you'll have to re-dl the entire game as I understand it. The tragedy of the matter, which I'm living, is that even on a basic optic fiber line package I'd load the entire 25gb game before the bitraider patch is going to be over. WOuld have done that if I knew I'd be at 90% 4 hours into it. But who really expects that?

If KOTFE isn't the best thing since sliced bread I'm out for good.

i know that feeling honestly all of this S___ is just a money grab for something which everyone was under impression they would get.. and agreed think its back to WoW, this new dlc will revive swtor or break it but atm it all just seams like alot of hype ive seen a few videos of people playing and honestly its not looking good so far..

I can't even put into words the level is dissatisfaction today. I met all the requirements as far as being subscribed with in the time line to get early assess. Still on hold trying to actually talk to someone about the issue. In the end its going to be the same situation I"m sure because most companies are not willing to admit wrong doing on their end. Worst part is .. all of us that didn't get this early assess might not be getting the expansion for free either like all the people who got assess

Hey folks!

I am seeing a few posts around the forums where people feel they are missing Early Access, one of the sub rewards, etc. First, I want to remind everyone of the criteria to earn rewards and Early Access, which can be found here. If after reviewing that you still feel you are missing something, please contact Customer Support. They will be the next step in checking into your account, and correcting any issues that may be present.

Thanks!

-eric

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not missing one of the rewards i'm missing all of them i'm glad you feel the need to constantly screw your customers. subbed before august 10th lost it before the guns came around then got it back asap and i got nothing no companion no coat no speeder. money well wasted. thank you for suckering me in with the promise of awesome stuff and then failing. canceling my sub no point in giving you people more money to not receive what is owed to me. Such a disappointment.

Edited by Teigon

It is my pleasure to welcome you to Early Access for Knights of the Fallen Empire Digital Expansion.

I've been a loyal subscriber since this game came out, and I've even introduced people to this game. And now for some reason due to some *********** error in my subscription I don't even have access to the early access of Swtor KOTFE.. I Mean What the heck man.

Now I have to wait an entire week before I can even start playing after being subbed for years and years. And even through august too October. This is Frustrating and just stupid. What is going on? Why can't I get into my early access because something happened to my subscription even though, through all these past months not once was I preferred status. So what the hell is happening?? I want my early access. And I want it now. :mad:

yea they7 juyst need to give all subbed the early acess and solve the problem. even for us new guys the waqy they worded it we should have gotten early acess if we were subbed before oct 19th.

really nice way to introduce new folks into your fold. hire someone that speaks english next time to write out the requirements that are easy to understand and cant be mistaken