JC vs SL

Rawwwdog

Can anyone tell me if there are any advantages to being on JC over being on SL? I've heard lots of good things about the guilds on JC. Are there any guilds that run reg WZs at max lvl together?

I think that JC is a good server, but I know a lot of people that enjoy SL too. I think JC does have a lot of really strong guilds and is a good community atmosphere overall typically.

My guild is primarily focused on end-game PVE, but many members also enjoy PVP. We just had a group yesterday afternoon that was queuing regs for a couple hours. If you're interested we can talk and see if there would be enough PVP for your liking if that's your main focus.

I'd encourage any returning player on a low population server to consider Jedi Covenant, but especially Pub side. We have many strong guilds and a really strong atmosphere. If anyone has any questions or wants to check out guilds before committing to a move I'd be happy to help any way I can.

No clue about SL, but I just transferred to JC from Harb about a month ago. I really haven't found anything to dislike about JC.

It has a decent population, not as large as Harb, but unless is 5am it's usually pretty hoppin'. Lot's of LFG on fleet. The GTN seems healthy. Fewer trolls. A lot more stable. Helpful people.

Honestly, you couldn't pay me to go back to Harbinger after a month on Jedi Covenant.

JC has a small but very talented ranked community. If you do ranked here you are expected to be very good because it is usually 1 pop at a time.

Very good pvp and raiding and even casual guilds. There's a bit for everyone without the chaos of Harb. Harb you just caught in the crowds

Edited by Flintfire

I've recently returned to the game and I'm wondering if I should continue leveling my Sage on Jedi Covenant or perhaps start one on Shadowlands. I hear that Republic PvP is not very successful on Shadowlands. What are the win ratios looking like on Jedi Covenant these days? I'll be playing primarily Republic and looking to do PvP and PvE content.

Thanks for the replies and sharing your opinions!

I'm a little late to this thread, but I'll interject anyway.

I have toons on both servers and I believe that JC is the better server. I think that there are more GF pops over here, more players doing PvE related stuff over here, more frequent GSF pops and better, more friendly PvP community here.

I have ran into to many d-bags on Shadowlands, to many gankers and people that think that a PvE server is a great place to go down to lowbie planets and troll for easy kills. Then they realize that no one is flagged for PvP and get diarrhea of the keyboard in Gen chat acting like a tool because none of the level 6 and 7 players want to go dule that max level dude...

I digress.

JC is a much more pleasant server, friendly guilds and people who just wanna play the game and enjoy what their money bought them.

I've recently returned to the game and I'm wondering if I should continue leveling my Sage on Jedi Covenant or perhaps start one on Shadowlands. I hear that Republic PvP is not very successful on Shadowlands. What are the win ratios looking like on Jedi Covenant these days? I'll be playing primarily Republic and looking to do PvP and PvE content.

Thanks for the replies and sharing your opinions!

I'll be honest, the Imp Side seems to dominate PvP on most servers. There are far more Imp players in PvP than republic players. I PvP on JC, SL Harb, and PoT5 (well mostly JC and SL now) and the Imp Side just has more pvpers. However I would say the Pub side has far more PvE groups than the Imps do. Maybe it is just the thing. I also find many more young people on the imp side and more of the 30 and over crowded on the Pub side. It would be interesting to see some kind of study on this...

Edited by RiVaN_

I have toons on both servers and I believe that JC is the better server. I think that there are more GF pops over here, more players doing PvE related stuff over here, more frequent GSF pops and better, more friendly PvP community here.

I have ran into to many d-bags on Shadowlands, to many gankers and people that think that a PvE server is a great place to go down to lowbie planets and troll for easy kills. Then they realize that no one is flagged for PvP and get diarrhea of the keyboard in Gen chat acting like a tool because none of the level 6 and 7 players want to go dule that max level dude...

Thank you for your response. I'm very happy I chose to stay on JC even more now. I had a strange feeling this was the case. The PvP community seems especially toxic, and knowing that many ranked PvP members of the community moved to SL means it's attracting many elitist fools. JC seems like the logical choice for any mature player, both PvE and PvP. Thanks man!

• 1 month later...
Thank you for your response. I'm very happy I chose to stay on JC even more now. I had a strange feeling this was the case. The PvP community seems especially toxic, and knowing that many ranked PvP members of the community moved to SL means it's attracting many elitist fools. JC seems like the logical choice for any mature player, both PvE and PvP. Thanks man!

Interesting you say this. I have toons on both JC and SL, and I can honestly say the vast majority of a$shats and idiots PvP on JC. Lots of crap-talking douchenozzles who think, for whatever reason, they they are superior to others, and have no hesitation to mouth off constantly.

Even the ranked community on SL is better behaved and less childish overall. If I were to ask who is the biggest overblown, bombastic moron in the JC PvP community, no one would struggle to find an answer but no one would agree, either. I can name several off the top of my head right now.

Also, Pub PvP on SL is in much better shape than on JC. Pubs on SL regularly queue up in guild groups and at least offer an organized challenge, unlike JC.

Anywho, PvP on SL has been much more fun, balanced, and mature than I have seen in the years I have been on JC. I miss my JC guild friends, but I'd rather play with an overall talented and sportsman like community, which is sorely lacking on JC.

Edited by Shirvington

Interesting you say this. I have toons on both JC and SL, and I can honestly say the vast majority of a$shats and idiots PvP on JC. Lots of crap-talking douchenozzles who think, for whatever reason, they they are superior to others, and have no hesitation to mouth off constantly.

Even the ranked community on SL is better behaved and less childish overall. If I were to ask who is the biggest overblown, bombastic moron in the JC PvP community, no one would struggle to find an answer but no one would agree, either. I can name several off the top of my head right now.

Also, Pub PvP on SL is in much better shape than on JC. Pubs on SL regularly queue up in guild groups and at least offer an organized challenge, unlike JC.

Anywho, PvP on SL has been much more fun, balanced, and mature than I have seen in the years I have been on JC. I miss my JC guild friends, but I'd rather play with an overall talented and sportsman like community, which is sorely lacking on JC.

:rak_03:

Want some fries with that salt?

Edited by FerkWork

I play on both Jedi Cov and Shadowlands, the activity on Shadowlands is a LOT less than Jedi Cov's. E.g. A GSF pop over there is often time 2 hours while one here is usually 15-30 minutes max within the same timeframe (11 AM-12PM EST)

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs