So who's staying with their old romances, and who's moving on?

Yermog

So a lot of people (I would even say the majority, from what I have seen) ended up romancing one of their companions, and a lot of people also then cheated on their companion with either Lana or Theron because our old companions apparently all got laryngitis for a couple years after the class arc. It's also been said by devs (I don't know which ones specifically) that eventually our old flames and our new ones will demand that our toons make a choice between the two of them since they will all apparently know about your toon's philandering ways. And then of course there's the new level 60's who have no previous relationships, and the toons who didn't romance anyone.

So my question is- if your toon has/had a spouse pre-KOTFE, but didn't cheat on them with either Lana or Theron, do you plan to try to recruit/reconcile with your old lover, and if not, why?

And if you had a spouse before, and did sleep with either Lana or Theron, are you going to move on with your new fling, or stay with your old one?

Or are you going to say "Screw it" and go it single, or are you going to see if there's anyone new you can romance?

Personally, all my toons stayed loyal to their spouse in the end except for my SW, who is still married to Quinn. I headcanon that as her originally wanting it to still work out between the two of them, but slowly despairing of that ever happening. So when she met Theron and she felt that spark, she was lonely enough to go for it. I haven't decided whether or not to stay with Quinn or move on, so we'll have to see how they portray Quinn in the future.

My Jedi Consular also romanced Theron, but she wasn't married, so I'll see if he wants to keep things going in the future, or if she wants to see what other options she has.

What's everyone else's plan? I'm quite curious about this actually, because I've read tons of different responses about this, so I thought I'd make a thread for it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My female Commando main romanced Theron without any second thought. I liked him in TOR: Annihilation novel, and in Forged Alliances he instantly struck me as a sort of elusive, mysterious character, obviously wholeheartedly dedicated to keeping the Republic intact as much as my Commando, although their methods differ, to say the least.

And while my Commando likes Aric, she's always seen him as a kind of.brother in arms she'd like to constantly have around to watch her back, rather than a spouse material. Perhaps she married Aric just because he was one of the very few persons she could fully trust at the moment.

All in all, if there's an option to keep the old romance, I think I'll be struggling a bit to make a final decision between these two.

As for my Scoundrel... I totally went for the new flirt options with Lana, just because it felt..eh..scoundrelish, I guess:D It's in his nature, after all:D

Knowing Risha, it's fair to assume reconciling with her won't be an option, and if that proves to be true - ok, he's ready to face the music (our choices will matter... right?)

Don't think I flirted with Lana on my Mercenary, although now I really wish I had. Mako is absolutely adorable, but Lana suits him so much more. Guess I missed the last train on Rishi/Yavin

Edited by BenitsubasaChiyo

Of my first 8 characters, 6 stayed completely loyal to their spouses. My operative did not, but since he's with Kaliyo and it's part of his job, I don't think she'll mind too much. My scoundrel married Risha and has cheated on her because he's a fool that makes bad decisions, but he will stay with her as long as she's willing.

Of the others, my sage went with Lana, my second

(double agent)

operative will go for Theron eventually, and my gunslinger went with Lemda. My mercenary is in love with Gault, who does not reciprocate. Quite a few of the rest of my characters stayed single, so maybe cupid's arrow will strike them in KotFE.

My JK cheated --- really it's a stress thing -- saving the galaxy is rough ( reminds me of the excuses med students used for, ahem --- umm, a certain logic they used for situations -- that's all I'm saying LOL ) let's just say the stress got to me and I crumpled ---- kind of like that episode in M*A*S*H when Hawkeye Pierce's buddy cheats on his wife with a nurse --- stress again ...... but I'm sticking with Theron, if he'll have me -- have serious doubts it'll lead to marriage, but that's ok --- I'm a Jedi after all

My Smuggler -- was too young -- Corso was too young --- it was infatuation, and I'm NOT the "farmer's wife" type ... Theron and I understand where we are coming from; and really much more compatible.....

Bounty Hunter --- not sure exactly who, if anyone, she'll romance -- Torian was not her type -- no marriage there ...

she's still looking --- Theron? maybe .... but wish Nico would be romancable, now THAT would be interesting...

Imperial Agent ---- not married --- Vector was sweet, but not my type --- hanging in there for Saganu ( I have something of a commitment to him anyway ) so I'll just be a good girl and not do anything to mess that up if he comes back -- even if it's just as an NPC later

I've tried all the romances at least once. And only two have stuck with me. Elara Dorne and Aric Jorgan :p Not sure why. But those felt the most real. I like Vector, too. But while he's sweet, I'm actually second guessing myself, and wanting to put my agent with Theron instead. So.. I'm hoping that let down won't be too harsh....

Other then that... all my characters were single. Marauder, sentinel, gunslinger, scoundrel, shadow, and sorcerer are all with Theron. Might hop over to someone new if they can top him :p But he still owes me a rain check, and I remember crap like that. My LS assassin is with Ashara... but I found her character arc a bit hypocritical. She denies being a jedi, and doesn't care what others think of her. Yet she still wants the council's permission to marry. That sounds wishy-washy to me, and I don't like that.

So he'll be canoodling with Lana, she's more his type.

I don't particularly like either of the Agent romance options, so I'm going to officially give Lana a go when KotFE launches. Same with the Smuggler, but that seems more in character for him. The rest are staying with their partners.

I like Vector to much to have my Agent go after Theron instead. In fact, I find Vector to be one of the better romances given to me. :p

Warrior will go after Theron if given the chance to continue it. If info isn't give to us and we don't see Theron, it may end up as other's who cheated on their other LI's. Thinking BW abandoned the character.

I have one Consular going after Theron the other after Lana. Just wasn't wowed by Felix :( Nice guy though, totally romanced him! Just couldn't marry him!

Inquisitor is going after Lana. Just don't like how Revel's romance plays out, but I love running around with him and Talos the best :) Such fun lines!

Haven't decided on the rest.

I did all the romances to see them when the game first came out and I regret half of them. Therefore, my female Warrior, Agent, Bounty Hunter, and Knight are all staying with their current romances. My female Consular, Smuggler, Trooper, and Inquisitor will move on. Consular and Smuggler are for sure going after Theron, Trooper and Inquisitor are still undecided.

I haven't finished any male characters, but I'm being picky with who they romance and so far only Elara and Risha are the only ones I want my guys to romance. My Inquisitor is going to romance Theron for sure, and the rest are up in the air.

Only one of my characters I can say for sure is going to dump their original LI and that is my male LS Inquisitor. Never really liked Ashara and mostly romanced her as a good LS option. Not sure if my headcannon will simply retcon their romance or say that my SI didn't like her wanting to get the Jedi Council's permission to marry.

I'm really conflicted about my Knight though. I liked Kira but I also liked the appeal of a possible romance with a LS character and Lana Beniko. Of course that might be a moot point considering that the last time my knight saw Lana he did something she didn't like...

Did not allow her to experiment on the Jedi master at the end of Ziost story.

Haven't completed SoR with any of the other characters though.

My male smuggler married Risha but just flirts with everything that has compatible anatomy. He may ultimately just end up staying with Risha though as he didn't like the idea of losing her.

I only have 2 level 60 characters, an Imperial Agent and a Smuggler, and both of them cheated on their spouses with Threon in SoR (and will continue that relationship in KOTFE if they are able). Basically my characters who remain loyal to their spouses have not been brought through any of the new content, because I get bored without romance, what can I say?

Only one of my characters I can say for sure is going to dump their original LI and that is my male LS Inquisitor. Never really liked Ashara and mostly romanced her as a good LS option. Not sure if my headcannon will simply retcon their romance or say that my SI didn't like her wanting to get the Jedi Council's permission to marry.

I'm really conflicted about my Knight though. I liked Kira but I also liked the appeal of a possible romance with a LS character and Lana Beniko. Of course that might be a moot point considering that the last time my knight saw Lana he did something she didn't like...

Did not allow her to experiment on the Jedi master at the end of Ziost story.

Haven't completed SoR with any of the other characters though.

My male smuggler married Risha but just flirts with everything that has compatible anatomy. He may ultimately just end up staying with Risha though as he didn't like the idea of losing her.

When an Imperial doesn't let her experiment on the Jedi, she's upset but doesn't stop loving the Imperial, so I doubt it' would effect the Rep character.

Though, I think it's a LS Imp who tends to try and keep the fragile peace and later fragile friendship with Theron together.

None of mine are in relationships at present due to lack of people with compatible orientation. Here's hoping KOTFE will reveal it's just a case of faulty gaydar rather than sticking them with one option that's the same for them all.

Same here, if not for the current...situation, at least one of my characters would have entered into as companion relationship, long before now.

I had no old romance that I could enter due to orientation issues, so I'm with Lana for now, but honestly, I might possibly be willing to dump her. We'll see.

Since she really seems to be heading the DS way, none of my LS companions will be able to sustain the relationship and still remain true to themselves.

Well, since neither of my mains (Gunslinger & Operative) romanced their respective LIs. There isn't an old romance to stay with. Naeila will, if possible, continue her fling with Secret Agent Man. Melena, not too sure yet, but will probably do the same as Naeila.

Since she really seems to be heading the DS way, none of my LS companions will be able to sustain the relationship and still remain true to themselves.

I'm hoping we have a chance to... redirect her behavior :( I miss nice Lana from Rishi. I'm not her biggest fan, but I did enjoy her character. And I know my LS assassin would be disappointed to see her reacting so harshly to people. Even after Ziost, she was a bit hardened. But she was still there.

I don't even want to know how Theron came out after 5 years. He's going to be a giant ball of 'ISSUES', while having exploding issues... during an issue where I imagine we'll need to save him.

I romanced both Lana and Theron with some of my chars.. my Warrior is married with Quinn... but only because there was no same gender option back then.. already looking forward to kill him (assuming that we can - i don't know)

Anyway.. i'm not sure yet.

Lana is a bit too *****y for my taste.. depends on the new romance options. I hope we got something cute like Mako :p

It'll vary for sure.

With my warrior, he'll go with Lana, most likely, since he wants a Sith wife more than Vette. He loves Vette more than Lana, but he knows that Lana will give him a more powerful legacy.

With my smuggler, she'll stay with Corso even though she took Theron. Although she is a scoundrel, she married Corso not only because she loves him, but because he can leash her in if she starts doing crazy things. Cheating is one such crazy thing that she did without thinking- like an idiot.

My Jedi girls haven't really gotten laid ever, so I have no clue. I'm gonna wait and see who all that's new (and old) I can romance with my Knight after she kneels to Valkorion. I do want to romance someone as my Knight, but I don't think Theron and Doc fit with who she is. With my Consular I wanted to keep her in the vibe of "classic Jedi Master that does not get entangled in love because it's against the Jedi code," so I'm not sure that I will have her romance anyone.

My Agent's gonna be tricky, but I think she'll stay with Vector instead of Lana. My headcannon with the romance with Lana is that my Agent just wanted to make sure that Lana wasn't going to betray the Empire as her master did, and just wanted to know her better for that reason.

My Trooper will stay with Jaxo- sorry, I meant Elara. He's a good man, would never cheat anyway.

My Inquisitor will probably find some person from the Zakuul Empire and marry them- she was never fond of the Sith Empire that enslaved her anyway

My BH will stay with Mako, he's honorable dude too.

All my characters cheated.

My main inquisitor(M) cheated with Lana because Ashara refused to marry him until his mortal enemies said it was okay(which they would never ever do given how many of their own he killed).

My main inquisitor(F) cheated with Lana because Andronikos wasn't woman enough for her.

My main Guardian(M) cheated with Lana because he feels deep down that Kira will someday betray him(who can say she's cut of from that guy forever).

My main Consular(M) cheated with Lana, because he wasn't aware that KoTFE was going to have some blowback about it.

My main Warrior(M) cheated with Lana because Seriously Vette shut up.

My Main Warrior(F) cheated with Lana because seriously Quinn? Seriously?....Seriously?