It's simple...

Tahra

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tux, I've tried in other games. I don't like level sync. Its a retarded idea when it is mandatory. I don't need to give it a chance here to know; I'm not going to like it. Just like I know I don't like sea food. I don't need to try it cooked/uncooked 100 different ways to know I don't like it. I know what enjoy and I know what I don't enjoy.

So you're that against level-sync AND you don't like seafood. What is the world coming to D:

Not Just in BW/EA's Eyes there are quite a few people (myself included) that look at it that way. The moment you stop financially supporting the game your opinion no longer matters.

You're kidding right? 4.0 is 100% aimed at people who DO NOT PLAY...they are actually the only people who opinions matter to BW right now.

I think all these doom and gloom threads are attempts at getting attention. Either the op wants to have somebody try and say something like "No. Don't go. Because......." Or maybe the op just wants company because that's the misery wants most.

You're kidding right? 4.0 is 100% aimed at people who DO NOT PLAY...they are actually the only people who opinions matter to BW right now.

Actually, with things like the affection, the only people it hits really hard are the people that got Treek at level 10, or HK sooner, and didn't use any of their crew at all the entire game, unless they were mandatory for something. My sniper maxed out Ensign Temple on Corellia, from nothing to 10k. Got her 1k kills too. All the while playing the sniper in dialog the same way I had the entire game. My DS Guardian paid a steep price, because everyone but Scourge hated what she did 90% of the time... But they all have their 1k kills.

; don't sub to the game. If you're already subbed; unsub. Don't spend any money in the cartel shop.

please don't tell me what to like and what not to, if you do not like the game there are a thousand and 1 mmo's out there, i'll continue spending $$'s in cm on your behalf too, good bye.

Edited by redoman

Actually, with things like the affection, the only people it hits really hard are the people that got Treek at level 10, or HK sooner, and didn't use any of their crew at all the entire game, unless they were mandatory for something.
I'm EXACTLY that type of player...Treek was the only companion my Sage, BH and Mando#2 have ever used. I'm not upset.

...we kill the batman.

Yeah no, that's not what I wanted to say here.

Bioware screwed over many people. Not telling us about pretty huge changes to their game until a few weeks before the release of KotFE. There's many threads on this forum from people unhappy with some of the upcoming changes to their beloved game and I agree with many of them, but... making all these threads really doesn't do much.

The most important thing you can do when Bioware does something you don't agree with; don't sub to the game. If you're already subbed; unsub. Don't spend any money in the cartel shop.

Hit them where it hurts. This way they will hopefully listen to reason.

Vote with your wallet!

The thing is people should voice their concerns and frustrations so they can have the hope that BW will take another look at things and try not to hurt the game they really like.

Writing down your concerns is more immediate and can be read before things happen, where as waiting for subs to run out can take time and it could be to late by then.

Of course I'm not saying that all that has been going on, on both sides of the issues is perfectly fine, it does get excessive.

On a side note, have they sufficiently hit every part of the player base to anger with 4.0 changes now?

So I should continue to support something I don't like? Clearly have no idea how a business works.

I think if you don't like the game and you're no longer going to continue financially supporting the game then you shouldn't even be here still and damn sure shouldn't be posting in the forums.

F2P and Prefs can't post here why should you still be allowed to just because you still got some game time left?

Hardly, A lot of the things they are adding into the game with 4.0 are QoL items people have been ASKING for for as long as I've been around.

I think if you don't like the game and you're no longer going to continue financially supporting the game then you shouldn't even be here still and damn sure shouldn't be posting in the forums.

F2P and Prefs can't post here why should you still be allowed to just because you still got some game time left?

Hardly, A lot of the things they are adding into the game with 4.0 are QoL items people have been ASKING for for as long as I've been around.

Hehe, if that guy wants to consider himself just a customer instead of a supporter that's entirely appropriate. More appropriate than what you keep repeating anyway. I'm a financial supporter of a few local museums, library system, our conservatory, and a bunch of nat. not-for-profit orgs. I'm not a financial supporter of TOR or Bioware. They provide a service. I pay for it. No altruism involved on either end. Up to that guy and anyone else if they want to be an outspoken customer or not.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Those are the 2 things that you quantify as "a lot" huh? lol

For me, the level sync is a huge QOL improvement. I've always thought it'd be a good idea for MMOs. Opens the world up for repeat content, or a return to a region. As "bad" and "lazy" as that sounds, I always hated it in WoW when I'd leave a region I liked and said "So long, I'll never see you again"! If I do, it'll just be a joke where I roll over everything like I'm fighting toy soldiers.

ya ya ya, I am Lorde Randy.

Edited by IamLordeRandy

.....Anyways, here's an idea for the correct way to get Bioware to listen and likely change something in the game:

1) As someone else had said in this thread, keep your sub active, and keep throwing money at BW.

2) Wait until after 4.0 drops, try out all the new features, and see how you like it.

3) Are your fears confirmed? Is that feature a deal breaker for you? Then...

4) Go to the suggestion box and create a thread asking for what you want.

5) ??? ... wait for it ...

6) Profit.....

Bru....THIS came to mind when I read yo comment. You don't continue to financially support a business who makes major changes you don't agree with. You do exactly what the op said....speak with your wallet.

There was ( key word "WAS") a sports bar me and my patnaz used to go to several times a week for years. Especially if there was a good fight (boxing, mma, WWE) PPV on. We'd go because as long as you ordered food (which was average tasting at best btw) you could watch the ppv. Well....they got bought out, and the new management stopped getting the ppv because they felt it wasn't a big reason people came anyway. When we'd mention to the new manager this is one if the main reasons we've been eating here for years, we were ignored. So we stopped going there at all, and spread the word about why we stopped. They were out of business within about 4mo.

That's how you "speak with your wallet....

Me personally....I'm willing to give all the changes a shot.

But if enough people quit, and they have similar reasons, and they make it known in the "why did you unsubscribe" box, as well as here and other forums.....BW WILL take notice.

Bru....THIS came to mind when I read yo comment. You don't continue to financially support a business who makes major changes you don't agree with. You do exactly what the op said....speak with your wallet.

There was ( key word "WAS") a sports bar me and my patnaz used to go to several times a week for years. Especially if there was a good fight (boxing, mma, WWE) PPV on. We'd go because as long as you ordered food (which was average tasting at best btw) you could watch the ppv. Well....they got bought out, and the new management stopped getting the ppv because they felt it wasn't a big reason people came anyway. When we'd mention to the new manager this is one if the main reasons we've been eating here for years, we were ignored. So we stopped going there at all, and spread the word about why we stopped. They were out of business within about 4mo.

That's how you "speak with your wallet....

Me personally....I'm willing to give all the changes a shot.

But if enough people quit, and they have similar reasons, and they make it known in the "why did you unsubscribe" box, as well as here and other forums.....BW WILL take notice.

I remember when reddit/r/squaredcircle raged after the WWE royal rumble last year and started a #cancelwwenetwork that did absolutely nothing.

Its controversial, but I truly believe the vocal minority often confuse themselves with the majority. I feel like BW is making these moves because the majority of their consumers are lax and casual..its incredibly grey and inbetween dark and light to have to "sacrifice their incredibly passionate and devoted" smaller fanbase..but hey...what is best for business is best for business.

Lots of times these "rage fits" are just fads in my opinion. One person moans, and it becomes contagious. Its why some people are saying just wait and see, especially if your subscription runs through the expansion dropping. If you make your judgment on the product after that, make your voice heard.

Edited by IamLordeRandy

I remember when reddit/r/squaredcircle raged after the WWE royal rumble last year and started a #cancelwwenetwork that did absolutely nothing.

Its controversial, but I truly believe the vocal minority often confuse themselves with the majority. I feel like BW is making these moves because the majority of their consumers are lax and casual..its incredibly grey and inbetween dark and light to have to "sacrifice their incredibly passionate and devoted" smaller fanbase..but hey...what is best for business is best for business.

Lots of times these "rage fits" are just fads in my opinion. One person moans, and it becomes contagious. Its why some people are saying just wait and see, especially if your subscription runs through the expansion dropping. If you make your judgment on the product after that, make your voice heard.

Actually it does have an effect, depending on the percentage. Let's say there are 500k subscribers. Now with this release let's say 25k people quit over it giving this as the reason. That is a 5% drop in subscriptions, any business will take note of a 5% drop in a revenue source. Is this going to happen? Don't know, not my issue nor do I care, but to say that it doesn't effect Bioware is disingenuous. Every drop in subs will be reflected in a metric somewhere that some bean counter is watching. They are taking what they think to be a calculated risk at adding new players over losing old players, only one way to see if it works out. That's to wait and see.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.