The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

4.0 summary

KrukPL

Let's talk about things bioware told us about 4.0 patch. The closer to release, the more stuff is removed.

We already lost Ev and KP NiM's and achievements connected to them. Like it's would be so haaaard to add one new tactic to every boss and keep those operations. Not only we will not have new operations but they are removing part of old ones. Good job.

They are also removing companions achievements, because we didn't spent hours and milions of credits farming affection. Again it would be very haaaard to just change those achiv requirements from affecton to influence and keep them. It's almost impossible. Also there are achivs which are bugged since the achivements release, like "Kill it with fire" or " Alderaan Civil War: Punching Bag". It's easier to remove achivements rather than repair them.

And at the end craft. When I saw posts about craft and conquest I loughed 15min and couldn't stop. How could you add to craft mats only obtainable from conquest and than tell us that conquest is off for a month. You just reached the bottom of stupidity.

I will skip lack of informatin about pvp and starfighters, because it's normal for bioware. We will have new pvp maps probably in next big expansion.

I'm playing this game since launch, always with sub. But now I'm thinking about leaving this game because you are wasting so much potential of this game. It can be really awesome, just think about this game like MMO rather than single player.

Quick example - conquest. Now it is just farm. Guild ships are useless, u could add legacy unlock to teleport group members to your location and noone would even buy those ships. Why didn't you do this pure PVP conquest? Add some bases to capture in planets and let imp fight with rep for them. It would be so much fun. Every base could have area of influence where fraction who controlls it gain more xp or somethng like that. Guild ships would be air support for fighters - someone could use console in ship with view of battle and lick to shoot and than on the planet few second before impact there would be red circle on the ground. Of course every team would have possibility to "disable" guild ship by fighting with him in starfighters ships. It could be so epic, but u decided that conquest should be pure farm. Such a waste.

Sorry for long post I just needed to tell this. If I made laguage mistakes, also sorry.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR 4.0: Renovations for the Anticipated Influx of New Players Once Force Awakens Releases

I think that captures what I see as driving the force behind so many QoL changes and the overhauling of long standing elements to the game. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just see them taking the opportunity right now to perform a bunch of facelifts hoping that it will be something of a new launch when the movie gets people excited again. This is why end game and other elements are taking a back seat for now versus changes that make it easier to step right in and play.

SWTOR 4.0: Renovations for the Anticipated Influx of New Players Once Force Awakens Releases

I think that captures what I see as driving the force behind so many QoL changes and the overhauling of long standing elements to the game. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just see them taking the opportunity right now to perform a bunch of facelifts hoping that it will be something of a new launch when the movie gets people excited again. This is why end game and other elements are taking a back seat for now versus changes that make it easier to step right in and play.

^ finally someone that gets it

4.0 is SWTORs answer to the force awakens, they wanna soak up as many new customers as possible and promote customer retention across the board (except pvp, but their metrics show pvp is a really small part of the game anyway)

They are doing it by streamlining and simplifying things people who have never played an MMO or many games at all might not like or understand (like level grinding and gearing)

I'm sorry that streamlining and improving the overall game is upsetting to you. Everything they've announced looks great to me.

They're basically cleaning house. 4.0 seems almost like a soft relaunch of the game.

In 4.0 doing old content is basically akin to a new game+ that some games have :D

Edited by Faardor

You could argue that a SWTOR Summary would simply be;

"A lot of good ideas, poorly implemented, not supported, forgotten about, removed from the game".

That would almost do it except one thing. I'd have to add in built for newer gamers not ones that have been playing for a while.

That would almost do it except one thing. I'd have to add in built for newer gamers not ones that have been playing for a while.

That's like your opinion man, I've been playing this game off and on since launch and I'm looking forward to 4.0. I'm not all crazyballsexcited but i'm a lot more optimistic than the negative nancys I've seen.

I'm sorry that streamlining and improving the overall game is upsetting to you. Everything they've announced looks great to me.

They're basically cleaning house. 4.0 seems almost like a soft relaunch of the game.

At least one player is happy...... I am not. Will you sub another account to possibly replace mine?

At least one player is happy...... I am not. Will you sub another account to possibly replace mine?

No, but the dozens of people I know who have been resubbing to the game because KOTFE looks interesting to them will.

I am not knocking people for being displeased with the changes, but people tend to fall into a pattern of assuming everyone shares their views. I can assure you KOTFE has a huge amount of excitement around it. Those people are just a lot less likely to come post on the forums than people who have complaints.

I see people making claims like "Bioware should be concerned that NOBODY is excited about KOTFE" and have to roll my eyes. In all the TOR communities I'm a part of there's a huge amount of hype.

S This is why end game and other elements are taking a back seat for now versus changes that make it easier to step right in and play.

Ahh! "Easier to Play." Like Crafting:

Old Way: you find or buy some material and craft something.

New Way: Find or buy some stuff and make something that you then use with something else to make a material you combine with another material to craft something. IOW, a one tier process is now a two tier process, PLUS some of the materials you need can ONLY be found through finishing "Personal Conquests." (Note" Conquests are now disabled because they aren't working. It's unclear what the difference, if any, is between "conquests" and "Personal Conquests."

This has been done so that new people will find crafting much simpler to understand.

Makes perfect sense.

Edited by MSchuyler

No, but the dozens of people I know who have been resubbing to the game because KOTFE looks interesting to them will.

I am not knocking people for being displeased with the changes, but people tend to fall into a pattern of assuming everyone shares their views. I can assure you KOTFE has a huge amount of excitement around it. Those people are just a lot less likely to come post on the forums than people who have complaints.

I see people making claims like "Bioware should be concerned that NOBODY is excited about KOTFE" and have to roll my eyes. In all the TOR communities I'm a part of there's a huge amount of hype.

More than just you and me. Lol. I am in a fairly large guild and we discussed some of this and some of the forum QQ about level sync, companions, etc. and I can catagorically say that most do not care one bit what is said here in the forums. Most are excited about the changes, and those that are a bit more guarded are just taking a wait and see approach. Nobody in our guild is leaving and our guild is growing as we speak.

4.0 Summary: Good updates and QoL improvements on top of what many have requested for some time, a good immersive story in episodic fashion.

More than just you and me. Lol. I am in a fairly large guild and we discussed some of this and some of the forum QQ about level sync, companions, etc. and I can catagorically say that most do not care one bit what is said here in the forums. Most are excited about the changes, and those that are a bit more guarded are just taking a wait and see approach. Nobody in our guild is leaving and our guild is growing as we speak.

4.0 Summary: Good updates and QoL improvements on top of what many have requested for some time, a good immersive story in episodic fashion.

And I am in a rather large guild and can say most don't like the nerf.

Exact opposite with my very large guild. Most have scheduled their subs to end either just after 4.0 or sometime in November. They are not happy with the serious grind being introduced, the crafting changes, the level sync, the companion grind, the broken conquest etc.

Our imp guild lost 90 sub accounts. Our pub guild is staying alive through conquest except they just broke it and no rewards for the last few weeks.

The bugs, the bad information coming at the last second, and the lack of care on the part of the devs to get the current game fixed has caused huge negativity.

The biggest comment running in our guild is that they cannot wait for the open beta to begin on the 20th, followed by months of bugs not getting fixed, massive grinds and bioware still failing to give out rewards. There is no confidence in the company.

Our guild went from huge excitement to plans to leave the game.

I agree with others that this may not be the expansion for us. My husband and I switched our subs from 6 month renewing to a single month. We plan to try it as we were both beta testers but it may be time to move on.

^ finally someone that gets it

4.0 is SWTORs answer to the force awakens, they wanna soak up as many new customers as possible and promote customer retention across the board (except pvp, but their metrics show pvp is a really small part of the game anyway)

They are doing it by streamlining and simplifying things people who have never played an MMO or many games at all might not like or understand (like level grinding and gearing)

yeah but you don't need to delete a bunch of stuff in the process just to streamline. why don't they do an archive category and move all the non relevant achievements in this new category instead of simply removing them it sounds like a poor decision.

You are extremely popular person, right? :rolleyes:

I'm a guild leader and a member of 7 forum communities about TOR. It's not so much how rolleyes popular I am so much as the fact that I am an active member of the community. I participate, I help new members, I talk to people. As a result, I have seen, in passing, a LOT of people's opinions about KOTFE. There's negativity, but the overwhelming reaction at least in my "circles" is excitement.

And in every community I'm a part of, people ARE returning in droves and were lured back by the expansion. It's happening even if you choose not to see it.

Exact opposite with my very large guild. Most have scheduled their subs to end either just after 4.0 or sometime in November. They are not happy with the serious grind being introduced, the crafting changes, the level sync, the companion grind, the broken conquest etc.

---

Our guild went from huge excitement to plans to leave the game.

I'm sorry to hear this. I think it might be a playstyle thing. I haven't raided seriously since the game launched, yet I stayed subscribed when they made new raids and GSF and ranked PVP and other things that didn't directly benefit me. But bearing in mind that it's a playstyle thing, group A hating the changes doesn't mean the entire game's population is leaving or that the game is tanking.

I have to ask though, what serious grind is being introduced...? To me it sounds like they're streamlining everything and making it easier, not more grindy.

I definitely agree with this summary. ;)