Which storyline you believe is the saddest?

PedroLobo

First off: I know SWTOR isn't meant to be sad, and I know that very well. But after (re)playing TLOU, I just wanted to make a character based vaguely on Joel, I was thinking about making a smuggler at first, but I've changed my mind. To really dig the concept of a character based on Joel, I would need to play a class whose storyline has at least a couple of sad points.

So. Which storyline do you guys think is the saddest one?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only one I could call that sad is the Bounty Hunter storyline, since a recurring theme is that because of YOU, everyone who gets closed to you dies or stabs you in the back. Even Mako starts questioning whether it's your fault or not that our friends keep dying.

The Sith Inquisitor story has more than its fair share of tragedies, assuming your character is Light Side enough to care. Spoilage:

You arrive at the academy as a completely innocent victim of the system, yet you're forced to bloody your hands more and more just to survive. You're given the opportunity to empathise with your fellow Acolytes on Korriban, but you'll watch most of them murdered in front of you. Rescue comes from Zash, a seemingly friendly and reasonable master who genuinely believes in your potential... as her new physical host. Any trust you place in her is brutally betrayed. Your apprentices save you from Thanaton, only to be murdered, while you can do nothing to save them.

You tell the Jedi you meet that you're different, that you're not like the other Sith, and maybe some days you can believe it. But to survive, you have to adopt their methods, their tactics, their rituals... slowly turning into the Sith they always wanted you to be. By the time you recruit Xalek, you've come full circle, standing by as the machinery of the Academy chews through another group of sentient lives so you can claim the survivors for yourself. And yet, looking back, what could you have done differently except lie down and die?

No wonder half the dialogue options suggest the Inquisitor is insane.

Edited by Joachimthbear

Jaxo? Dead? No, never heard of that. She's alive and well.

She's alive on my trooper, but still felt like losing her when she got so depressed on it. The choice wasn't even a fair one "Let her die and all the rest live for sure" "Save her and some may die...only to have all die" :p

Smuggler. :rak_09:

seriously though, so for I've played chapters 1 through 3 on all classes except for Bounty hunter and Consular, and Y-77 is without a doubt the most heart-wrenching decision I've had to make so far. That moment when Jaxo pleads for her life, I don't think I've ever idled so long on a decision. Even shed a tear, I don't do that lightly.

Beware lots of SPOILERS ahead.

Weird, the Jaxo decision was the easiest, no matter what I save the prisoners, even if it was one of my companions I would never save them, and the fact that she started pleading for her life instead of accepting her death made even the 0.000001% that I MIGHT have had for her non existent

I think though the saddest are JC, trooper, IA and SI for very different reasons

Trooper if you're LS you're a honorable soldier that's trying to do his best in a den of corrupt politics and no matter what it seems like everyone is against you especially Garza berating you for every single decision, you never feel that you're appreciated for what you do with brings me to the JC.

JC is because no one really realizes the sacrifices that you have to make and all the effort that you do for the Jedi and Republic, it is summed in a couple of conversations one with Satele early one when they send you to cure the masters basically it's phrased like "we know and appreciate your sacrifice, now go **** yourself and save all those masters"

Where as with JK satele and lots of others actually expresses concern over your well being, at least at first.

Even Nadia remarks on this when she says "you do so much for people yet never get recognized for it.." something similar to when In Voss if you choose one of your companions so they can heal the voss, basically when they are all in pain and you choose the harsh response none of them responds in dignity to you (except Nadia even apologizing lol) when you've been doing the exact same thing even worse for a chapter and a half and everyone is like "yay thanks, now bye!".

IA if LS mostly or rogue ending is because you grew up a patriot (or not) getting fed lies and deceit and believing them all only to finally realize that the country.. emm Empire you serve is nothing but a bunch of psychopaths who have no honor, dignity or self respect and will do ANYTHING to achieve their goal, even so far to kill their own agents or innocents to hide their agenda.

SI is summed in one phrase with Ashara conversations "I would have settled for not a slave", at that moment I felt like my SI had the right attitude: "**** the empire, marr, lana, the emperor and the empire (again) and all its descendants, I just want to be left alone.."

But picking one I would say SI is the saddest.

Edited by Azareya

will do ANYTHING to achieve their goal, even so far to kill their own agents or innocents to hide their agenda.

Occupational hazard of the spy business, you can bet your balls it happens in the republic too, all the time. Though I'll agree IA is, in general, a better contender for saddest story than trooper.

Occupational hazard of the spy business, you can bet your balls it happens in the republic too, all the time. Though I'll agree IA is, in general, a better contender for saddest story than trooper.

Oh yea I agree it's in the job description but it's how they go about it as compared to what happens to 007 in skyfall the agents gets used A LOT by the end I had no sympathy for the minister, keeper and wished they put him and all the Sith on the chopping block.

you can also compare it to how SIS treats you and Ardun kothe, who keep saying they're Sorry but they had to do it and I understood them you can never be too trusting especially with the Empire and if it wasn't for the fact that the Empire had brainwashed me in the first place they wouldn't have been able to, add to that they didn't abuse my brainwashing, reverse the roles and imagine someone from the SIS was brainwashed and used by the Empire you can bet they would have had him do horrible things, and I didn't see the Republic brainwashing their top ops

And some decisions for the IA and Trooper really make you feel the high command in both are that bad, though the difference here is it's one person Garza

who in the end gets fired and imprisoned

compared to how the whole of the intelligence is ran, which makes it so no matter how bad the republic can get it won't be as bad as the empire and things can still be changed.

Edited by Azareya

Jedi Knight

Simply because your character "should" feel the most emotional impact of all the deaths.

You go through the whole story realizing that you're the order's greatest Jedi...basically the most powerful person on the republic's side.

You do everything you can to stop the emperor...but in the end, you fail.

You watch worlds die...despite having so much individual power, there is nothing you can do...and that, to me, is sad.

Edited by VitalityPrime

I'd have to say LS Inquisitor.

You start off a slave, you have to play the Sith game to merely survive - you obtain position and power to change things, finally becoming one of the Council - and then find you can change nothing. Abolish slavery? no. Kick out the galaxy-eating emperor? nope.

Oh yea I agree it's in the job description but it's how they go about it as compared to what happens to 007 in skyfall the agents gets used A LOT by the end I had no sympathy for the minister, keeper and wished they put him and all the Sith on the chopping block.

you can also compare it to how SIS treats you and Ardun kothe, who keep saying they're Sorry but they had to do it and I understood them you can never be too trusting especially with the Empire and if it wasn't for the fact that the Empire had brainwashed me in the first place they wouldn't have been able to, add to that they didn't abuse my brainwashing, reverse the roles and imagine someone from the SIS was brainwashed and used by the Empire you can bet they would have had him do horrible things, and I didn't see the Republic brainwashing their top ops

And some decisions for the IA and Trooper really make you feel the high command in both are that bad, though the difference here is it's one person Garza

compared to how the whole of the intelligence is ran, which makes it so no matter how bad the republic can get it won't be as bad as the empire and things can still be changed.

My Agent and Shara... made the story the saddest out of all of them for me. Especially on Rishi...

Edited by DeltaaXx
eaeaeaeea

Jedi Knight

Simply because your character "should" feel the most emotional impact of all the deaths.

You go through the whole story realizing that you're the order's greatest Jedi...basically the most powerful person on the republic's side.

You do everything you can to stop the emperor...but in the end, you fail.

You watch worlds die...despite having so much individual power, there is nothing you can do...and that, to me, is sad.

Omg right? Uphrades... I mean i felt some guilt for that on my Knight. And on Rishi that mission really hit me.

1. I can understand Keeper's action, if he didn't brainwash you the Dark Council were going to kill you

2. Just really wanted to say ''**** GARZA!''

3. And yes, the agent gets used a lot and I understand it. The agent knew what they were getting into when they joined, they knew that they were the Sith's tool and had to be good ones unless they wanted to face the chopping block themselves. Can't really whine about the ****** grave when you're the one who dug it.

1. I can understand Keeper's action, if he didn't brainwash you the Dark Council were going to kill you

2. Just really wanted to say ''**** GARZA!''

3. And yes, the agent gets used a lot and I understand it. The agent knew what they were getting into when they joined, they knew that they were the Sith's tool and had to be good ones unless they wanted to face the chopping block themselves. Can't really whine about the ****** grave when you're the one who dug it.

They didn't sign on to be brainwashed or killed for doing their job well. It's just further proof how terrible the Empire is. You did as ordered and did it well...death! Okay, we'll go with brainwashing.

They didn't sign on to be brainwashed or killed for doing their job well. It's just further proof how terrible the Empire is. You did as ordered and did it well...death! Okay, we'll go with brainwashing.

While fighting a Darth Council member.

Hmm... Yeah, agent. If you play her as an Imperial patriot, you really grow super attached to the character because of all the crap she gets put through for it.

I played her mostly Light sided, making choices for the good of the Empire first and foremost, but there were many times where **** got so real that I headcannoned her just exploding in a fit of emotions. Like when she got mind-raped by SIS and finally freed herself, she lost it and killed every single person that had a hand in that. It was especially horrible for her to exact justice upon such people because every member of Kothe's team she killed she imagined a member of her beloved Intelligence in ther place. When it came time to decided whom she truly loved, she decided on mentally betraying the Sith for the sake of her family, the rest of the Empire, and set out to find a weapon against the Sith, which turned out to be the Black Codex in the end. She even had a flashback to being mind-controlled on Ziost with that possessed Jedi. She refused to let her be mentally healed or experimented on and just killed her because the woman was pleading for freedom from the same pain that ruined my agent's life. It didn't matter what Vitiate was going to do, no one deserves to be abused in such ways except for her, Cipher 9, for making the unforgivable mistake of once trusting the Sith.

On the JK story, we have:

A whole planet that gets toasted with a stolen superweapon. Being in orbit, you can see it burning.

On the Makeb story we have:

A whole planet that comes apart because of stupid Hutt mining practices, but magically is restored afterwards.

On the Ziost story we have:

A whole planet where everything living is killed by the Emperor, and is not restored. Afterwards when you go there, everything is grey, and even the colours of your gear, speeders, etc. are washed-out looking.

There's a sort of theme there. Now imagine a JK who does his own story, then Makeb, then Ziost.

That's sad.