Swtor nge

kurzis

So how does everyone feel about the new game enhancements bioware are bring us?

level sync seems like it could be pretty cool, i can go to korriban at level 60 and finally feel like its a challenge again

stats all being rolled into one seems pretty great, i don't have to worry about any RPG factors now, i just pick up, equip and go

companions being synced to my level, fantastic! i've always wanted to play the sims and dress up with my companions without worrying about stats or tactics.

i bloody love this, well done on the NGE bioware, i look forward to it :D

Indeed, looks great. I've played a lot of MMO's in my day, first time I've seen an expansion with so many features and QoL improvements that people have been asking for. They seem to be getting ready for the long-haul.

I'm glad you agree, its fantastic that bioware have kept this quiet until now, less that a month until release and they surprise us all with this.

its brilliant and i really hope my server population will increase, I can't wait until i can dress up khem to look all pretty in his dresses and run around the galaxy being darth purple with his rainbow brigade

Yah, why? :o

It was my bad, I only know how to quote one post so I misread your comment and didn't have it handy at the time. I didn't realize you specifically mentioned NGE. You are correct in saying they don't mention NGE directly. But they do make the same sweeping generalizations and basically channel the spirit of the nge argument quite often. WoW forums have a lot of the WoW is dying threads as well, they're slightly less notable because those forums are much better moderated (like 400% better).

Also I'm nearly drunk so I can't read this thread anymore lest I die of alcohol poisoning.

It was my bad, I only know how to quote one post so I misread your comment and didn't have it handy at the time. I didn't realize you specifically mentioned NGE. You are correct in saying they don't mention NGE directly. But they do make the same sweeping generalizations and basically channel the spirit of the nge argument quite often. WoW forums have a lot of the WoW is dying threads as well, they're slightly less notable because those forums are much better moderated (like 400% better).

Also I'm nearly drunk so I can't read this thread anymore lest I die of alcohol poisoning.

Well in pure numbers it kind of is. Losing 6 million subs isn't something to shrug at, but then again every other mmo out there still pales in comparison to WoW's pop even when it is shrinking so their players have zero reason to complain on the forums, especially given how brilliant WoW's engineers are with sharing servers and actually being able to interact with players in the open world on a different server and cross server and hell you can befriend people from other servers and even join guilds on other servers and do content with them.....Dammit blizzard take over swtor, we need your engineering prowess to fix this games servers and game engine.

Can we stop comparing tor to a desiccating corpse simply because they share a similar universe? I never see people on the blizzard forums comparing game altering updates to nge, so why here?

You haven't spent enough time on the Blizzard forums. Pretty much every MMO I have ever played that changed any kind of major gameplay mechanic has been compared tot he NGE. This is because people are seem inherently brain damaged, which is also the reason the media add a "gate" to the end of any "scandal".

Can we stop comparing tor to a desiccating corpse simply because they share a similar universe? I never see people on the blizzard forums comparing game altering updates to nge, so why here?

Every MMO that makes drastic changes for the worse gets compared to NGE.

Well what can I say....

we get a whole bunch of changes no one ever asked for...

(less items in cartel packs, 5 years in carbonite...)

decisions are based solely on the belief that "developers know best"...

(hello level sync...)

and individuality is being beaten with a stick until it stops screaming.

(strength? willpower? no no, Mastery! Dark Council Member? Member of the Jedi Council? Crime Boss? No no, Outlander!)

Just like old times.

This notion that this is anything like NGE is absolutely ludicrous. NGE was taking a giant sandbox do whatever you want game and making it a themepark game where you could be an instant Jedi and taking a bunch of other things out and making changes. NGE has really seemed to psychologically damage and scar them. Ges. Let it go.

This game is already a themepark and is getting more stuff to do and exciting new content. So no, it's not like NGE at all. It IS however bringing more to the game and I can't wait until it all goes live!! :)

Well what can I say....

we get a whole bunch of changes no one ever asked for...

(less items in cartel packs, 5 years in carbonite...)

decisions are based solely on the belief that "developers know best"...

(hello level sync...)

and individuality is being beaten with a stick until it stops screaming.

(strength? willpower? no no, Mastery! Dark Council Member? Member of the Jedi Council? Crime Boss? No no, Outlander!)

Just like old times.

Nothing like NGE but..ok whatever

NGE did not really kill SWG lets be honest here. What Killed SWG was how SOE handle the game.

NGE was a step on the right path. The problem is, that devs could not keep up with the demand of content, and the engine itself was limited and done badly. Instead of SOE riding out the waves, they just shut it down as they saw no future for it. Little do people know. SWG at the time still had a very strong community, and could have lasted if SOE was not ran by *****s at the time. SWG could have shaped to be a much better game. If they would have just kept it going, keep adding to it. Just picture what SWG could have become.

Edited by Teladis

Bit of a bummer for those of us who play RPG games because we like to RPG though. This is no longer an MMORPG, it's an MMO action game.

RPG elements has always been what you make of it. I don't see a problem with people who don't enjoy it having a options or freedom to not work around it. We will and always have made due.

What Killed SWG was how SOE handle the game.

[...]

The problem is, that devs could not keep up with the demand of content,

[...]

and the engine itself was limited and done badly.

[...]

SWG could have shaped to be a much better game. If they would have just kept it going, keep adding to it.

Can someone jog my memory? Where have I read these arguments before? ;)

My problem is my experience with half-hearted changes that are ill thought through and left in an unfinished state while the dev team moves on to another pet project. With the amount of changes coming (or already implemented with the reduced quality of graphics and ambience sounds) there isn't much space for pet projects left.

Can someone jog my memory? Where have I read these arguments before? ;)

My problem is my experience with half-hearted changes that are ill thought through and left in an unfinished state while the dev team moves on to another pet project. With the amount of changes coming (or already implemented with the reduced quality of graphics and ambience sounds) there isn't much space for pet projects left.

Ya, but to be fair another NGE can't happen really. Free to play market has made sure of that.

People are not willing to give MMOS a second chance due to monthly fee and feeling a lost of hope for it. Most of the MMO community feel SWTOR is a failure, and in truth it was at the start. It did not know what players wanted, and did not understand that a monthly fee mmo is like a service. If you can't give out good content at a decent pace. You should not charge monthly fee.

4.0 they are fixing a lot of the problems and adding features for players to come back for. So it is a wait and see, but I doubt a NGE could ever happen as long as f2p market is strong.