Combat Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

Except that you can NOT tally posts in a forum. That is giving into the exact non-precise approach you were just trying to avoid. They are not legitimate.

Well, you've misunderstood my motives why I used this approach. See, I couldn't care less whether there are ten, twenty or hundred replies like that. These numbers aren't large enough to be statistically relevant and don't fulfill the criteria of a randomized & fair spread across all different stereotypes. I know that. (F.e. free-2-play users aren't even allowed to post on this forum, yet to mention language-based barriers and all the other things)

I used these numbers - although not representative - because they are still a viable source of information.

Let me use two analogies - PvP ranking and combat parses:

Although the PvP ranking doesn't give you precise informations about class inbalances, it can still be a used to check player perspectives, preferences and expectancies. And the same is true for combat parses. Although they won't tell anything about range or mobility issues, about your ability to adapt to new circumstances or to certain team compositions, they can still be used as a resource.

I didn't use the number of 'disagreeing' posts as representative overview, but more to check how many of these players actually justified their statements, how many different reasons were given, if the individual statements were based on certain assumptions and even more, how the argumentation changed throughout the thread. The latter can then be seen as a sort of "vibe" or "herd track"...........Or you could simply say, I like statistics!

So it's not that I condemn any statement. I don't care whether those who state they quit actually do so or how many will collect datacrons or do the H2 dailies later. If it turns out that the datacrons are an account-wide achievement. I'd laugh heartily. But not because of a personal grudge or something, but because it's always hilarious if things take an unexpected twist.

And yes, I like to turn everything around, look at things from any possible angle and come up with some provocative statements. It's not disrepectful! You won't ever see me using a "that's total BS" phrases. I do so, because it creates honest replies and forces players who are enraged to think about the best suitable counter-arguments or to find

creative ways to falsify these statements.

F.e. the "never be allowed to return to a previous planet" statement.

This is an MMO. To do this would be to prevent anyone from being able to be social and help out friends and participate in certain events already established. I know I would not be too keen on being told that I can;t go help a friend who is having issues just because "Been there. Done that". No. Any MMO in it's right mind will always let players go back to wherever they have visited.

A good example. If I wouldn't have proposed such a drastic and unrealistic change, I might not have got a response at all. Here, the most interesting part is: "Any MMO in it's right mind will always let players go back to wherever they have visited." Sure, you can claim that, but using the "right mindset" as an argument is personal preference at best, neither fact nor logic. In order to respond, I could even use SWTOR as an example: I.e. can a player on the republic side help or even chat with a friend on the imperial side?

Sure, you can create a character on either side or you'll probably have friends on the same side as you are, but in either way, you've arranged yourself with this restriction.

The other delightful aspect is the "to prevent anyone from being able to be social and help out friends" part, which simply stands in complete contrast to those who quote: "prefer not to group", etc. and at least proves that the social aspect is important to you. So it's wonderful we have the complete opposite statements used as an argument within the same thread.

So to sum it up: Most statements are just based on personal preference - mine included. To state "I like it" or "I hate it" would be already enough. But in order to get more insight, I haven't found a better solution than to be a bit provocative. You'll never change someone else's preferences or believes, but at least you make people think and talk about it.

So let's complete this post with yet another mind game:

Just assume BioWare would be bored of all the level progression, power creep, etc. and would have introduced Fallen Empire as a third faction (next to the republic and imperial side). In other words, players would have to create a new character in order to play as an "outlander". And to go even a bit further, BioWare could have disabled emails, account-wide trades and could have even implemented a separate GTN. I.e. players would have to start from scratch!

Now, everyone should feel invited to argue whether this would be possible, if it would be realistic, whether this would have been better/easier for BioWare, whether it would be different than leveling an alternative character (twink) and whether this would make players quit or not.

And then, let's see how the arguments used against this idea still fit with the arguments used in this thread.

Edited by realleaftea

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people you talked to -- who are doing the content repeatedly with random groups -- are already predisposed to doing so. They are not a randomized or representative cross-section of the game's population, which does include people who group rarely, only with friends, or not at all.

This response is just marvelous! :)

How often have you used this argumentation to respond to all the other statements made in this thread... including those that might match with your own preferences or believes? How often towards those who stated "I'll quit!"?

Because that's exactly the most essential point here: There is such a deep cut between players because "I don't like it" and "I like it" statements outbest any other argument. And of course, there are also these: "It's irrelevant, if I won't profit from it", "It bad, because it's inconvenient for me" statements.. These are the aces of agumentation. And the joker is "My vote counts, because I am a subscriber since day ...". So feel free to analyse whether inconvenience, presonal profit or subsciption date fullfils your "representative cross-section of players" demand.

But to the funny part and morale of the story:

Why do you think so much dev effort recently has gone into making certain Flashpoints and other "critical path" content soloable?

I stated the possibility that BioWare did these changes to counter a decreased likeability, especially when some of the content isn't accessible due to the lack of new players (i.e. if it's hard to find a party for H4 missions or non-synced flashpoints). And I state that ending up overleveled because you like the game might be a show stopper for potential new subscribers as well. I've even tried to highlight the implications of the new Fallen Empire insta-lvl-up, etc. Yet, you still come up with this question.... what does it tell you about 'prejudiced opinions'?

So to answer your post using your very own words: "Did you actually read my post?"

Edited by realleaftea

In the week it took me to read through all the posts in this thread I have made peace with the level sync system (Despite the efforts of some). I am not without my reservations and I can imagine situations when it would annoy me, but I also like the idea that I can out level my wife or use any one of my high level or maxed characters to play with whatever new character she made that week and still have fun. I don't believe higher level content or world bosses on Alderaan will be a major problem. Even if the devs forget to adjust his level, it wouldn't take long for a level 35 Ulgo Seigebreaker roflstomping groups of level 32 players to get caught and have his level, abilities and stats adjusted. The same goes for everything else on the planet. If it is intended to be killed, I assume there will be a way. There is no reason for me to believe that I can't go back and help someone, or that two people cannot easily clear an area even at the same level. I will however miss feeling like Darth Vader from time to time walking through Taris and shrugging off attacks by Rakgouls like they were particularly annoying mosquitoes.

Not so certain about how I feel about the heroic areas, I tend not to group up much on open world content with the random A.D.D. / SPACEBARRRRR crowd. The demonstration we got from Mr. Musco left me wondering why he was only seeing one gold mob at a time. Of course I have seen lasers coming from Jedi Knights eyes so I am aware of the magic that happens on dev servers. Hopefully we will be able to complete heroics without begging for somebody to play with. On the other hand I have a feeling that there will be very little value for a level maxed Player Character in second tier endgame gear to go anywhere near the Heroic Terminal. I can't imagine those boxes containing anything terribly special.

I really hope there is something to the vague hints and references to special new content that level sync allows, because if I have to deal with getting pounded by a group of level 15 or 16 mobs after falling while attempting to reach a datacron on Corusant there should be a better reason than "you'll get XP appropriate for your level".

I don't think the level sync will improve open world PVP but since I don't participate I can't really comment too much on that. Something I think would be cool for Role players would be a trimming of the amount of random mobs found in remote areas of each planet. Even if it is only on RP specific servers having big empty areas where those folks can create any story they wish would be really nice, but again I am not a participant so my ideas are going to be amateur at best.

Concerning the companion changes I was actually happy at first about being able to run with any one of my companion regardless of their original role. However I would make me very sad if the unique animations no longer took place. I believe however that the visuals referred to in the Q&A are those animations that make them special. The full set of 192 companion gear at Yavin was in my opinion a test. How many people used that instead of spending Elite or Ultimate comms on their companions. Now we will get the benefit of High level gear and Akaavi Spar will be able to wear something other than trooper reject gear.

All in all I look forward to the expansion and am feeling generally positive about the changes happening.

Edited by Doqtyr

Dude, the base stats are still there. They're just called mastery instead of Aim, Cunning, Willpower and Strength. No part of your stat will actually change in numbers. Only name.

Numbers not actual but to clarify what I'm saying

For JK/SW

Stats Self buffed

Strength 1000 = +500 Force Damage

Willpower 100 = +50 Force Damage

In total +550 Force Damage

When 4.0 goes live

Mastery 1000= +500 Force Damage

In total +500 Force Damage

Just lost +50 Force Damage, every AC will end up being nerfed because of this except Sage/Sorc because they are pure Force Damage.

This response is just marvelous! :)

How often have you used this argumentation to respond to all the other statements made in this thread... including those that might match with your own preferences or believes? How often towards those who stated "I'll quit!"?

Considering that I have called out pro-optional posts on these threads which assert that they represent the majority, or that the game is dying, I can only assume that you're seeing what you want to see in my posts, while ignoring everything else.

Feel free to check my post history.

Edited by SelinaH

NO.

After that, NOOOO.

Followed by, Why the heck would you do something that stupid?

Do please stop trying to dumb down the game. Right now SWTOR is the game by which I measure ALL OTHER MMOs, the last thing it needs is a complete reworking of a stat system that already works just fine, and has worked just fine for decades of computer games, console games, and tabletop RPGs.

These changes are silly, and at the risk of sounding like an angry internet troll, let me re-iterate one more time:

HELL NO.:mad:

Well for me level sync is a blocking feature. Thats why i left GW2 as well. This feature kills the feeling of character development for me. Ill give it a try but i wont extend my subscription thats for sure. Rest of changes aims to make the game more "easy" which is a mistake.

Ive been really excited about upcoming expansion...but not anymore sorry. :(

Most of this stuff I really don't care about, they are just things to adapt too. but the level sync has me scratching my head. Now I can understand it for flashpoints or instances but planet wide? This totally removes any incentive to ever leave the starting planet! I could make a new Agent and level from 1 to 65 without even leaving Hutta! And the worse part of it is I wouldn't be any better than when I first started. And why worry about gearing through all this, it would just be scaled down anyway.

Then lets look at it from a story aspect, something that most of us are here for. I have a 30 something Sith Warrior who has already fought off some of the biggest threats to the empire, been to multiple worlds and crushed their enemies and I have to travel to Hutta to face a powerful Jedi Master. I could actually get killed by some low level Evoki while on my way to face this Jedi Master. Yeah, that's going to make me feel real powerful :confused:

Leveling is suppose to make you feel like you are becoming more powerful more heroic (or villainous). This blanketing level sync makes leveling trivial. You shouldn't have to battle your way through Nar Shadaa at level 65 just to pick up a few low level mats to make a armor for a alt, or get to a instance for your level.

Most of this stuff I really don't care about, they are just things to adapt too. but the level sync has me scratching my head. Now I can understand it for flashpoints or instances but planet wide? This totally removes any incentive to ever leave the starting planet! I could make a new Agent and level from 1 to 65 without even leaving Hutta! And the worse part of it is I wouldn't be any better than when I first started. And why worry about gearing through all this, it would just be scaled down anyway.

Then lets look at it from a story aspect, something that most of us are here for. I have a 30 something Sith Warrior who has already fought off some of the biggest threats to the empire, been to multiple worlds and crushed their enemies and I have to travel to Hutta to face a powerful Jedi Master. I could actually get killed by some low level Evoki while on my way to face this Jedi Master. Yeah, that's going to make me feel real powerful :confused:

This. Especially if you take into account the new mission classification system. If I want to play the game in more or less the level curve it was designed for optimally then I can just do the critical missions. If I want to be slightly more powerful because I struggle against harder enemies, I can grind exploration missions and go slightly ahead of the level curve.

Scaling enemies defeats the purpose of RPG levelling system imo.

I also have a huge problem with the companion changes... At the moment, your companions feel central to the game. Not only do they interact with you and develop a relationship, but you also invest in their gear etc as you go along. This means that if you are poor, like me, you have to be selective of who you invest on as well. But that's a good thing! I like knowing the strong, expensive new gear I got for my companion makes a difference and isn't just a fashion accessory. Hell, I'd even want to manually develop their skill trees for diversity between players if I could.

Another reason this is bad, is because it essentially removes content from an RPG. It goes beyond dumbing it down, to actually taking away positive features. Take a look at Dragon Age 2 if you think I am making this up. One of the biggest critiques of the game was oversimplifying the micro management.

For every brilliant idea 4.0 introduces, it is killing 3 good existing mechanics.

Numbers not actual but to clarify what I'm saying

For JK/SW

Stats Self buffed

Strength 1000 = +500 Force Damage

Willpower 100 = +50 Force Damage

In total +550 Force Damage

When 4.0 goes live

Mastery 1000= +500 Force Damage

In total +500 Force Damage

Just lost +50 Force Damage, every AC will end up being nerfed because of this except Sage/Sorc because they are pure Force Damage.

I'd expect your Mastery to be 1100, converted from 1000 Strength and 100 Willpower. So don't worry.

I'd expect your Mastery to be 1100, converted from 1000 Strength and 100 Willpower. So don't worry.

They are giving every one the same primary stat, not adding all 4 stats together then giving you that total. It wont be..

Str 1000

Will 100

Cunning 50

Aim 50

Mastery 1200

It will just be Mastery 1000, because its your primary Stat

Leveling is suppose to make you feel like you are becoming more powerful more heroic (or villainous). This blanketing level sync makes leveling trivial. You shouldn't have to battle your way through Nar Shadaa at level 65 just to pick up a few low level mats to make a armor for a alt, or get to a instance for your level.

Exactly how im feeling, in my post, (that dont appear for unknow reason) i say. I disagree with level sync becoz this appear strange, exemple: How my Jedi, that complete Jedi trials on Tython, defeated many Sith Lords, saved Makeb, defeated Revan and travel across the Galaxy, "must" fear a Flesh Rider when back to Tython becoz the level sync system bring me back to lvl 10.

I personally like most of the changes because they will make the game more accessible to more people, which is ultimately what we need for the game to survive and grow.

Stat merging is fine with me. There's still enough of them for variety and different builds depending on your class. At least this way you don't have someone putting Strength on Qyzen when it should be Aim. Makes it more newbie/causal proof.

And on companions, as long as they don't lose their uniqueness, I like the change. It gives me a chance to use under geared and unneeded roles so that I can experience their unique dialog and take on the galaxy without having to keep 5 companions and myself in gear, which can be hard for more casual players. It allows you to experience more of your companions rather than limiting you to the one companion that syncs with your class and if that gets you more story time with them, then it's a good thing.

Level sync can be a good thing, if implemented correctly. As of right now I'm ambivalent because I don't know how exactly it will play out. Done well, it can pave the way for more content on the planets they have with little effort and keep most players at a high power curve. Even coming down to level 18 as was the example in the livestream, imagine if you had the stats and equipment of a level 60 or 65. Even at that rate, you should theoretically be able to spank anything that you encounter. From what I have read and seen, I can't see any reason to believe that anyone would be severely inconvenienced. It may take more time in most cases, but if you're farming mats, you'll be rewarded with more of them, and if you're going for other things that have been listed, you get rewarded with appropriately leveled credits or items, if I'm not mistaken, and XP if you aren't maxed. It shouldn't be much different doing this content vs. content that you would be doing at level and you should be overpowered for it taking into consideration higher level abilities and higher statted equipment, even if synced.

On the flip side, if you are syced too low for a planet in the case of varying leveled areas that have been mentioned, then I can see it being FUBAR. If lowering you to a planet's level doesn't give you enough headroom to be overpowered at least slightly so that you can solo heroics and other instances, then I can't see it being worthwhile because that disrupts the gameplay of a lot of players, including myself who may not be able to find a group in the 2 or 3 hours that I have to play. Lowering Heroics down to 2+ may be a step in the right direction and this may be the reason this was done - to preserve that ability to solo things without causing too much disruption in how people play the game. Either way, I won't make up my mind on it until I've experienced it and see how it impacts gameplay, but I would say I have pro leanings if it works as expected and gives players that needed headroom to continue to play solo. That doesn't mean I won't keep an open mind, because I want to go by what actually is and not what I want it to be or what people think it may be.

Everything else, I can live with that has been discussed in the blogs and livestream. I'm excited to see how everything works with the upcoming expansion.

Edited by arcadiastar
commas and other niggling mistakes.

Does this mean say... DPS Quinn or DPS Qyzen will be as good as any other damage companion? Personally think all the Tank companions are the coolest, but they are garbage. There is no need for a tank companion. (Not saying they arent viable, but why would you pick slow killing over no downtime or killing enemies so fast that you dont take damage.) Either way, I hope all companions in DPS stance are just as good as each other.

Does this mean say... DPS Quinn or DPS Qyzen will be as good as any other damage companion? Personally think all the Tank companions are the coolest, but they are garbage. There is no need for a tank companion. (Not saying they arent viable, but why would you pick slow killing over no downtime or killing enemies so fast that you dont take damage.) Either way, I hope all companions in DPS stance are just as good as each other.

That's the intention, we're told

The only problem i have with these new changes are the level sync, if it effects every elder game planet like corellia and oricon.

#1. Experienced players like me with 11 lv 60's (7 were at lv 60 before the 12x exp boost) on ebon hawk alone are going to be pissed as hell because we are used to soloing entire weeklies on oricon and corellia with ease because we are lv 60, also other planets like czerka, easy to do it with 2 people because of the tactical flashpoint. Though planets like Ziost an Yavin 4 will not be as effected because were already lv 60's soloing those planets anyhow but the older planets will be annoying.

#2. The level sync is great on pvp servers but sucks every where else if your forced to be in the level sync.

Nothing sucks more then being a lv 25 on alderan and having higher level people lv 40+ killing you for the fun of it just to make your day miserable. I feel that the level sync is great but we should be allowed to toggle it on an off unless we are flagged for pvp then its fair game for players on pvp servers who are forced to go through getting killed by lv 60's with nothing better to do.

Further more the mastery stat, oh well less confusion for new players i suppose, even though they should know to look right at the advanced classes to see what stat they should equip, nothings worse then going into a pvp warzone with a new character and have half your team not wearing armor they should be wearing.

ex: jedi guardian tank is wearing aim armor, willpower light armor, and cunning but no strength armor what so ever even though its his primary stat.

The accuracy increase, meh its not the worse thing ill still make my accuracy now 110% and 120% respectively.

Big con:

Companions not getting any stats from gear, though if the stats are really good like having them equiped with max elite equipment then im all up for it <_< though i doubt that will be the case.

Overall my only major problem with the new expansion is going to be the level sync and elder game planets, i feel the elder game planets should not be effected by the level sync though if they are people are going to be pissed off because they can't solo their weeklies on these planets, also people won't be able to solo world bosses anymore like dreadtooth for example on section x. Its fun to solo it, but taking that ability to do so makes everyone sad. If the level sync really gets out of control and sucks after if finish the story lines for the expansion ill be quitting the game. because the elder game wont be as fun as it is anymore

I've already posted some reasons why I disagree with scrapping Level-Sync (Source) (Source), I've summarized my argument against and utter detest for the suggestion to make Level-Sync toggleable (Source), and I've shown how Level-Sync could be made optional (but not directly toggleable), but consequently with many less pros (Source), but I have not actually stated what the pros are. Allow me to fix that problem.

Pros of Level-Sync:

1. Makes lowbie content engaging for max-level characters bored of endgame activities.

2. Allows overleveled (including max-level) characters to actively participate in lowbie content and earn decent rewards from it.

3. Lowbie ganking won't be as easy.

4. Resolves the stupidity inherent to the current system (being able to strip my skinny sniper bare and stand in a nest of K'lor'slugs on Korriban, take a shower, come back to the game, and still be alive just because I have a cute little number which says so).

5. Allows players to help other players level without hurting their experience gain.

6. Gives players many more options for leveling (I can take my level 60 Scoundrel and go level with Corellia's planet story if I want, since I've never finished it. Likewise I can take a 60 Sorcerer I don't want to level via KotFE story and instead level through sidequests on Dromund Kaas. This is a huge improvement in PLAYER CHOICE and will vastly improve our SWTOR experience).

7. Requires (or at least encourages) players to group for group content (heroics, ETC), as that's what the content was originally designed for.

8. Allows BW to implement these Weekly Heroic missions and the terminals pertaining to them (as well as the awesome priority transport feature included).

9. Presumably allows BW to implement the feature into places like Ilum and Rakghoul tunnels so they won't have to rebalance the content for future xpacs, thus reducing resource consumption.

10. Makes World Bosses challenging even for max-level players, so they actually feel like fearsome foes.

11. Allows BW to make the Gathering Skill changes they did without fear of players running right past enemies' faces and getting Gathering nodes for tons of materials.

12. Alleviates the concerns of players who felt like too much Experience caused them to be overleveled and therefore unnaturally powerful in combat during their class stories and the local side-quests.

13. Allows BW to create future events on lowbie planets without fear of scaling issues.

14. Allows lowbie guildmates to have (pretty much) as meaningful an impact in conquests as their greatly-overleveled buddies (assuming the lowbies aren't BELOW the level of the planet, of course).

15. Keeping players from blazing through lower-level Daily Areas like Ilum will very likely lower inflation, though it's hard to say by how much.

16. High-level characters won't be able to utterly control rare/special lowbie mobs (including World Bosses) by farming them easily and selling the rare drops on the GTN.

17. Companion side-quest missions (each class has one companion with these, I think) will be relevant again and give XP, which is awesome since I've never been the level of these things (always too high or too low).

18. Allows BW to use the old planets for new KotFE content without having to worry about getting killed by trash mobs in KotFE related areas (since I doubt all areas will be instanced).

19. Makes it so our Class Story final boss isn't a complete pushover (which in the vast majority of the stories is very unrealistic)

20. Allows BW to integrate new endgame content into lowbie planets (beyond just Heroic missions). For example, instanced raidbosses like the one we have on Ziost and Makeb, but a new one could be put on, say, Belsavis or Tatooine.

I'm sure I've forgotten several benefits, but there's the first 20 I could think of.

I agree. I fully support level-sync and I'm REALLY excited for it. :)

I wish it was a more popular idea, it'll make the old game WAYYYYYYYY more relevant while they continue to make new content at a slow pace (^^; no offense BioWare... heh)

Yes the success of the 12x Exp boost was good. I love being able to lvl with the story.

Planet lvl sync - I like the idea of less chance of being ganked by higher lvl in open world pvp but as everyone has probably noticed by now, there is no open world pvp about. So this downgrade of lvl to players means it will encourage it I hope or players won't bother because they can't max pvp stats. Other changes helping group lvling sound good, I am all for that. Also great idea making retro ops difficult again, i like that idea so it feels like we have more content.

Temporary action bars - great idea.

Can someone address the accuracy in this game? I mean that by just remove it, it is annoying and a pain to get.

Auto ability replacements - i like this, i hate shared cooldowns, its annoying.

Companion gear - Good for role play but bad for open world pvp.

Stat change - Seriously a master stat? Does this mean all gear will be adaptive, does this mean everyone can just need or roll for everything. So pug flashpoints are a no go for gearing because everyone will need on gear for either crafting or one mod inside of it. So please make flashpoint gear rolls based on secondary stats, the amount of dps who roll on gear with defence is annoying. New crafting system will help with gearing and no one needing for companions will help but players still do it. My suggestion is only other players can need on it if the tank passes or greeds it. Same with dps gear etc.

The Level Sync.

I dont see why i want to be Sync'd lower than my current level, if i want to do my planetary achievements it would take forever if i cant be max level on that planet. I think it sounds bad now i never finish those achievements. And where is the fun in being on a PvP server if you can't take the day of and go in ganking mode and kill all lowbies you see. Well i know we are low populated on these PvP servers, even good Pvp' ers migrated so they can play ranked on PvE servers so what about doing cross server PvP And Fp and Ops like in World of Warcraft. Then i wouldnt have to have Characters on all servers, everyone would stay on their servers no reason to transfer. (i know you make money on it but if all end content was shared with cross server groups for end game both PvP and PvE people wouldnt move server or even stop playing cuz of no action)

So...synching is going to make old content relevant, but I can still face roll it because of my higher level abilities? These statements are not compatible.

It's the difference between being able to handily win the combat and being able to ignore the content; IE, the difference between CZ-198 and Black Hole. On CZ, my L57 trooper can take any mob but the H2+ boss without breaking a sweat, but he will take some damage; I can't leave him standing in combat and get up and brew a cup of tea. In the Black Hole, I can leave him standing in a mob's respawn zone, and get up and get a cup of tea, and come back and not only won't he be notably damaged, my comp will have slaughtered anyone who respawned.

Likewise, compare Oricon to BH or Section X. On those second two zones, I can blow through (literally through, so they aggro) all day every day and not take a lick of damage. On Oricon, I can still do this (and have to at a couple of choke points), but eventually I'll have to stop and take a knee or use some healing due to the damage accumulated.

It's the difference between having a low- to medium-grade challenge and have no challenge.

Just as a note, my clear speeds are not meaningfully longer on either CZ or BH, between my L60 Vig Guardian and my L56/57 Field Medic commando. It takes a little longer, sure, but not that much longer. Travel times are the same, after all. (I haven't accessed Oricon on my trooper, and when I do he'll probably be 60, so I can't run a valid comparison there). I have to work harder on the trooper, actually think about power usage, though I'm sure that's also part of being a healer rather than a DPS/Off-tank (depending on the mood I'm in).