Remove Expertise outside warzones!

Fallenius

I'm not even trying to troll you with this but seriously. Learn how to play your class in pvp. Even if I only have pve gear on a character I can still beat half the players open world because I know how to survive with my class.

It sounds like you got wrecked by a player who knows what their doing and now your all jealous/mad. That or your trolling in which case 3/10

They should just remove expertise, period. It's a waste of space. Make PvP gear comparable to end game Ops gear. No more having to collect 2-4 complete sets of gear for each character. No more running around doing PvE content in gimped gear on a PvP server. No more having to carry two set of gear on you at all times and having to swap it out every single WZ/FP/Ops.

No more WZ, "learn to bolster noob". Having to grind out lightside/darkside points for relics so you can fill all your spots on a new character. Oh what, you wanted to role-play someone who doesn't always pick the same alignment choices in a Role-Playing game? Too bad.

No more, You need 168 ranked gear in all your slots except your mainhand/offhand mod/enhanecment slots or else herp derp expertise bolster. Knowing that is part of the "skill" of pvp apparently.

Expertise is just ridiculous and should have been removed years ago.

They should just remove expertise, period. It's a waste of space. Make PvP gear comparable to end game Ops gear. No more having to collect 2-4 complete sets of gear for each character. No more running around doing PvE content in gimped gear on a PvP server. No more having to carry two set of gear on you at all times and having to swap it out every single WZ/FP/Ops.

No more WZ, "learn to bolster noob". Having to grind out lightside/darkside points for relics so you can fill all your spots on a new character. Oh what, you wanted to role-play someone who doesn't always pick the same alignment choices in a Role-Playing game? Too bad.

No more, You need 168 ranked gear in all your slots except your mainhand/offhand mod/enhanecment slots or else herp derp expertise bolster. Knowing that is part of the "skill" of pvp apparently.

Expertise is just ridiculous and should have been removed years ago.

PvE players would have a fit if you could get the same tier gear as them from pvping. There really isn't a problem with expertise, ESPECIALLY after the recent changes with a 200k cap and legacy comm transfers. The only problem is dumb players.

Really I think the issue is we are too expertise heavy. It should be there as being just effective enough that PVP gear performs equally as well as full raid gear when it comes to fighting other players, just not as far as PVE content. As a handicap I suppose to make up for have a lower stat pool fighting a raider.

Really I think the issue is we are too expertise heavy. It should be there as being just effective enough that PVP gear performs equally as well as full raid gear when it comes to fighting other players, just not as far as PVE content. As a handicap I suppose to make up for have a lower stat pool fighting a raider.

Or you could just get pvp gear.....or move to a pve server, the pvp servers are dead anyways.

If Expertise is removed outside of warzones they it should just be removed altogether.

Also PvP gear is like the easiest thing to get in the game right now. What's the big deal, OP?

And if you didn't bother to get pvp gear, then you didn't pvp at all,cus as said above it's super cheap. If expertise is removed the guys that used to walk around in pvp gear would still gank you.

Not to mention that now you can mail wz comps, just use an Alt you enjoy PvP with to send PvP gear to your other characters.

Edited by Kaedusz

I think that to many people are affected by WoW (including devs)

Warzones have nothing to do with an mmorp at all. Im sorry, but when i started to play this game and picked the PvP server i assumed that when you run around questing you will bump into other players that you can kill or be killed by. Well of course there will be high lvl characters around that can gank you and i have no problem with that.

But to put "Warzones" into an open world game that have specific gear for killing other players is just lame. At least let the gear stay in the Warzones where it belongs.

I enjoy open world PvP and an mmorpg is the best place for that. If you want to queue for battles that last for 15 min, there are alot of games that is suited for just that.

I understand that once added its hard to remove game content so please just disable the expertise stat outside warzones so we can enjoy real PvP and not some gearbased ganking that requires 0 skill.

and to the people that says, i can't do OPS with my gear so you can't kill me with your gear. Well then maybe the open world players should have an option to send in random NPC bosses to gank you when you are doing warzones.

This has to be trolling thread created by a PVE person... Why would pvp people even bother with open world pvp if this was the case... All you pve nubs would have 2-3 lvl higher gear... Pvp gear is always so much lower, so we would need to do all those gay Ops and FPs just to be able to compete with the same gear... NO THANKS... That is a complete waste of time for pvp only people...

Sounds to me like you can't pvp and your top of the range pve gear doesn't help you in open world when you jump a flagged for pvp person with much lower health than you, thinking it will be an easy kill and you get globaled...

Easy solution... Don't jump people or don't flag yourself... And if you're on a pvp server, then you deserve it... Because you should know better

Edited by Icykill_

If they lower the effectiveness of expertise in PVP then I expect them to raise the other stats to match ops gear in PVE. What? You expect an OPS gear to be equally good for them in fighting me BUT my gear not to be equally effective in PVE?

I must say that i feel sorry for so many of you. You have become mindless robots that are so brainwashed that you can't see the bigger picture. All you can see is how to make things easy for yourself. You don't care about entertainment anymore. you just care about yourself. But then again you are children. Children with no real life experience what so ever. So who can blame you? Some day you will grow up and understand but untill then i have nothing more to say. Take care and enjoy your mindless gaming. And for the record, Blizzard is already planing to remove PvP gear from WoW (not that i care. I hat the game) but since this game is following the same structure it's just a matter of time untill it happens to swtor aswell.

The guy that run crying to mommy because someone beat him in the game calls us children, priceless.

Edited by Xanas

Call me crazy but isn't their a npc you can interact with on the flee that bolsters you with expertise, so when you go out into the world you dont get stomped on.

Your faction's flagship has a "bolsterizer" on the bridge that you can use to see what your gear bolsters to in warzones and such (blue clicky thing near the dummies). I don't think it actually applies an expertise rating you can carry off the ship, but I could be wrong. I've only ever used it before I could afford pvp gear to make sure the Lv55ish pve gear I was wearing would get me 2018 expertise in warzones.

Having to get "pvp gear" ... to pvp... what a bizarre concept. Sorry to be sarcastic but as most are saying, it's cheap.. so get it

Besides Ops, I don't even wear pve gear. Maybe for a named BM with minimal ppl in group. Otherwise just keep pvp gear on - on a pvp server.

Also, if you need pve gear to do yavin dailies, then I'm sorry to say that pvp gear won't help you with your issue.

And lastly, I forget I have pve gear on all the time. And when i do forget, I still do top dps in wzs and hold my own in a 1v1. So it's not as much of a helper as you may think.

Edit: don't get me wrong in this last paragraph, its incredibly unwise to not wear it

Edited by AndriusAjax

The PvP gear could cost 1 credit i dont care. It should not be in the game. People are just used to it because other games have the same system. If you are doing quests and then see someone you want to attack, then you don't want to equip a whole new set of gear and it's the same the other way around if you get jumped then you can't switch since you are in combat.

Big open world online games used to be about combining PvP and PvE. There are still people screaming for other players to queue for warzones, even though they lowered the prices. Warzones are boring to most people.

Why not change pvp to something like this.

- Place a base on all PvP-flagged planets, that can be conquered by both factions. If lets say the Republic have captured the base then all pub-players on that planet gets a small xp boost and a buff (like the flagship buff or something). The people that are capturing the base gets some commendations or something similar that they can use to buy whatever.

-Each base can have turrets and npcs that can be built/hired by people that have advanced in diffrent crewskills. And the same for the other side. If you are about to attack the base you can build/hire tanks, walkers and troops.

- Open up player bounty boards, where you can find bountys that other players have put on people that killed them in combat. Money will be transfered from the player that set the bounty to the player that completes it, and you can only set a bounty on a player that have killed you.

This is just some examples. But the main thing is to get people to play together. This would make PvP alot more fun. And as a low lvl character you will benefit from high lvl characters that have occupied the base.

An older MMO had this very thing--it got shut down because of this game. I'd still pay 15 bucks a month on four accounts if it were around today (and receiving no updates, just weekly resets). RIP SWG, you are missed.

An older MMO had this very thing--it got shut down because of this game. I'd still pay 15 bucks a month on four accounts if it were around today (and receiving no updates, just weekly resets). RIP SWG, you are missed.

Yeah but I do kind of like the getting things you need for PVP from PVP part here. Was not a fan of daily gated PVE toward the end to get jewelry sets. Or the damned holocron collecting you had to do as a Jedi in the NGE

Edited by Technohic

I must say that i feel sorry for so many of you. You have become mindless robots that are so brainwashed that you can't see the bigger picture. All you can see is how to make things easy for yourself. You don't care about entertainment anymore. you just care about yourself. But then again you are children. Children with no real life experience what so ever. So who can blame you? Some day you will grow up and understand but untill then i have nothing more to say. Take care and enjoy your mindless gaming. And for the record, Blizzard is already planing to remove PvP gear from WoW (not that i care. I hat the game) but since this game is following the same structure it's just a matter of time untill it happens to swtor aswell.

Who exactly made you thr authority to judge on ehat others find enjoyable? And who is brainwashed? Certainly not me as I quite enjoy the battlegrounds in WoW and the Warxones here. But would you be so kind as to drop the self righteous attitude ad it does nothing to improve your case.

Moreover, calling people children with no life experience is so ridiculous it's not funny.

Here's some info for you, people enjoy things that are different to you. Deal with it.

I mean, it's really easy to get PvP gear now, so you could just... buy PvP gear? I don't really see the problem. Of course, I do play on a PvE server

Actually even if you have earned the credits isn't pvp gear all level 60+ I know from around the pvp terminal on the fleet it is. So that wouldn't help for say a level 60 coming back to yavin and ganking on level 57-59s that cant buy gear yet but are likely wearing higher then level 162 pve gear.

well warhammer online did that right actually there was no "pvp stat" what you earned you could use on pve pvp whatever, i still dont understand why the need to separate everything. It is the only game up until now that made that right. Of course you could only get the BEST gear if you pvped, but the point is everything was usable inside, outside warzones RvR pve whatever.

Everything else was fail.

Edited by xxIncubixx

well warhammer online did that right actually there was no "pvp stat" what you earned you could use on pve pvp whatever, i still dont understand why the need to separate everything. It is the only game up until now that made that right. Of course you could only get the BEST gear if you pvped, but the point is everything was usable inside, outside warzones RvR pve whatever.

Everything else was fail.

So to you its not obvious why? Let's say that right now they remove expertise. The pvp gear = pve gear. Best PvP gear = best PvE gear. The outcry from PvE'rs would be INSANE more so now considering how EASY it is to get PvP gear. Everybody, I repeat, everybody would gear trough PvP and OPS would end up dead (and so PvE). No point to run the same OPS twice after you clear it once.

So to you its not obvious why? Let's say that right now they remove expertise. The pvp gear = pve gear. Best PvP gear = best PvE gear. The outcry from PvE'rs would be INSANE more so now considering how EASY it is to get PvP gear. Everybody, I repeat, everybody would gear trough PvP and OPS would end up dead (and so PvE). No point to run the same OPS twice after you clear it once.

with that system yes it would be fail but they could make you gain commendations for doing OPS and PvP towards the armour, everything you did would make you go towards the armour weapons whatever, there would be no need for 2 types of armour.

This doesnt even make sense, Luke didnt go "oh wait herpa derpa, stormtroopers need to put on my pvp armour!"

with that system yes it would be fail but they could make you gain commendations for doing OPS and PvP towards the armour, everything you did would make you go towards the armour weapons whatever, there would be no need for 2 types of armour.

This doesnt even make sense, Luke didnt go "oh wait herpa derpa, stormtroopers need to put on my pvp armour!"

I don't want to do no OPS or any type of PvE. I am also not the only one. I am playing this game for PvP alone (I know, I must be insane but meh). The only way this would work is if you can gain the armor trough PvP or PvE.

Edited by Xanas

I don't want to do no OPS or any type of PvE. I am also not the only one. I am playing this game for PvP alone (I know, I must be insane but meh). The only way this would work is if you can gain the armor trough PvP or PvE.

thats what i said :o i said you could do both or just pvp or just ops whatever you would do it would go towards the armour set.