The "I unsubscribed because of Level Sync" thread

arpey

Or "when there's a decision I don't like I create a stupid thread saying I unsubbed"...

These forums.... No wonder devs avoid it like the plague, so much negativity, everyone who's enjoying the game should do same, lest you be influenced by ********...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What turns the Companions into dressup-dolls in 4.0 is that their gear will be otherwise meaningless. You cannot customize their stats or decide how much you want to invest in upgrading their gear or anything. Every companion will be able to do all three roles (overall very good), and every companion will be a cookie-cutter of every other companion in terms of stats and power for that level and role. Every level 21 companion set to tank will be just like every other level 21 companion set to tank.

The defining factors are your level, presence, affection and influence... if all of those are the same, agreed, they will be the same... how likely is that?

The defining factors are your level, presence, affection and influence... if all of those are the same, agreed, they will be the same... how likely is that?

Maybe I'm just tired, but that seems a bit nitpicky when it comes to the point I was trying to make.

Maybe I'm just tired, but that seems a bit nitpicky when it comes to the point I was trying to make.

Which is what? Most people I see gear in the unaugged yavin 192 gear anyway at end game, so where's the nitpicky? After all, its you that's saying it diminishing the game.

I don't, personally mine are running around in full 198's and bolstered massively by my 1045-1500 odd presence, gives me a 70k Qyzen and a 60k Nadia... so yeah it's gonna be tough to take, BUT they will still be fairly individual to me due to those things I mentioned... my level, affection, presence and influence - if you watch the stream and take a quick look at the companion selection screen, you'll see some sort of level indicator too... that might be the influence, idk... but seems to be per comp and from 1-50, so who knows how much impact that might have.

You will have to wait and see!

Edited by leehambly

What turns the Companions into dressup-dolls in 4.0 is that their gear will be otherwise meaningless. You cannot customize their stats or decide how much you want to invest in upgrading their gear or anything. Every companion will be able to do all three roles (overall very good), and every companion will be a cookie-cutter of every other companion in terms of stats and power for that level and role. Every level 21 companion set to tank will be just like every other level 21 companion set to tank.

This is actually great for roleplayers. I can finally use my tank husbando on my femtank without suffering in performance. A considerable increase in enjoyment imo. I actually get to use the comps I like rather than the one that compliments my class most!

Mostly pvpers have been upset they cant gear their comps in expertise anymore. This should balance that out a bit more too so players dont just rely on their expertise Treeks on world pvp.

This is actually great for roleplayers. I can finally use my tank husbando on my femtank without suffering in performance. A considerable increase in enjoyment imo. I actually get to use the comps I like rather than the one that compliments my class most!

Mostly pvpers have been upset they cant gear their comps in expertise anymore. This should balance that out a bit more too so players dont just rely on their expertise Treeks on world pvp.

Agreed :D

Having just watched the stream again, Eric takes on the DK mob... his char is unbuffed, no stims and in the 188 noob 60 gear (I'm assuming no setbonuses - also no hat and only one relic)... he kills it in 2 or 3 shots just spamming and then goes on to kill a further two in much the same way... his own health moves by less than 1 or 2%.

It's VERY clear that this stuff is still soloable and rewards with "at level gear boxes" (2 pieces per heroic!)... I'm so at a loss as to how this is a bad move.

People are clearly desperately looking for opportunities to find fault, really they need to just be honest with themselves, if they wanna go, go - no one is stopping them.

Edited by leehambly

Wether I agree with the OP or not, the amount of childish trolling being sent their way is off the chart. It's like some of you think they insulted your mother.

For the record, I'm really excited about the expansion, but think that the downscaling in heroics would have been nicer if optional. Think levelsyncing on older planets is appropriate.

I don't give a toss if you believe me or not, what matters is Bioware lost a long time subscriber and they know it.

As if they looked it up. lol

They could care less about a minority leaving when they'll being gaining more with the expansion and from the movies.

And again, screen of your cancellation or it is just hot air. Not willing to post a link, then you are lying.

Why doesn't this topic have its own forum yet?

Seriously, the first 3-4 pages are level synch posts.

Learn to consolidate, people.

For the record, don't care either way. I'll see what it's like before I decide to cry or quit over it.

They could care less about a minority leaving when they'll being gaining more with the expansion and from the movies.

And your support for this claim is what? The forums? It isn't even that hot of a topic here. It hasn't even come close to some of the more hot topics that have come up here.

I don't care either way, but it is absolutely ridiculous for anyone to claim any quantity of the player base for or against this. Any claims like that are absolute conjecture.

Hmmm. :confused:

I'm unsubscribing until it's removed.

Good job Bioware. See you when you roll this decision back.

And no, you apologists can't have my stuff.

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

You are unsubbing because of an unconfirmed feature, that may or may not be in the game in 3 weeks and that you have no idea about how it will be implemented...but because your worst fears about it are so strong you assume they are true and therefore that makes you quit.

Christ, you better never get a relationship...

Add the fact that most CM sales come from subs, I can guarantee that they do indeed, "give a ****".

Really I don't think they do. People who threaten subs because they are not getting his or her way should never be taken serious by a design team.

Really I don't think they do. People who threaten subs because they are not getting his or her way should never be taken serious by a design team.

I was referring to the "oops time" somewhere down the road where the silent people stop subbing and just go, never a need for a whole thread to let this community know anyway.

At the end of the day, some people's subs are worth a lot more to BW than others.

If you buy 4-5 hypercrates at each release, you are clearly going to be missed more than someone who does nothing more than spend their free CCs or CCs they gain through referrals.

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

You are unsubbing because of an unconfirmed feature, that may or may not be in the game in 3 weeks and that you have no idea about how it will be implemented...but because your worst fears about it are so strong you assume they are true and therefore that makes you quit.

Christ, you better never get a relationship...

You understand incorrectly.

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/30/swtor-knights-of-fallen-empire-livestream-coverage/

Level sync can be really annoying for extraordinarily incompetent players who can no longer roflstomp everything on their way with God Mode of +10 levels on the content. This is horrondous news for players who are just sightseeing and face actual (not really) challenges (no challenges at all) instead of extra-casual-with-cheese-mode gameplay they have so graciously adapted. My wanna-be-mmo-player-tear tank is not quite full yet. I cheer you on, please cry more.

NO!

Just NO!

The RP community moves to plenty of the old planets in order to set up RP events. We don't want to be aggroed by every single low level mob. It will ruin so many event oppertunties and decrease our enjoyment of the game to a MASSIVE degreed!

I don't rage easily but this is the WORST bloody idea you have ever had!

Make it toggle able!

Edited by Inzuher

Level sync can be really annoying for extraordinarily incompetent players who can no longer roflstomp everything on their way with God Mode of +10 levels on the content. This is horrondous news for players who are just sightseeing and face actual (not really) challenges (no challenges at all) instead of extra-casual-with-cheese-mode gameplay they have so graciously adapted. My wanna-be-mmo-player-tear tank is not quite full yet. I cheer you on, please cry more.

Hey, look, it's another poster who has nothing to back up their opinion but a bunch of juvenile attempted put-downs. Funny how 99% of that has been from the pro-sync side... almost like there's not a lot of objective backing for their position, so they have to fall back on ad hom.

Yes, I too am unsubbing on both my accounts. However, I don't think the system needs to be removed - it just needs to be optional. I will return if that ever comes to pass.

I don't feel disrespected, nor have I been slapped in the face. I don't think the game is going to return to "Tortanic" status. However, the way I enjoy playing the game is being changed significantly enough to no longer receive enjoyment from playing it. The system in and of itself is a good idea, however, the implementation can be better.

I hope to be able to return someday and renew the subs on both of my accounts, because this is an awesome game. However, until the current implementation of the accelerated leveling pace and the leveling syncing are changed, it is a game that I simply will not find an enjoyable experience while playing.

Edited by TravelersWay