Haha xD

Giliodor

btw about speed wars...

Use the Force to move through time and space, appearing at your enemy target and increasing your movement speed by 75% for 3 seconds.

New Utility: Speed Surge/Kinetic Acceleration! Shock/Project, Ball Lightning/Psychokinetic Blast, and Creeping Terror/Sever Force increase your movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds. This cannot occur more than once every 12 seconds.

New Utility: Dark Speed/Benevolent Haste! A completed Dark Heal activation increases your target’s movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds. This cannot occur more than once every 12 seconds.

More speed buffs. The Speed force © Flash! :rolleyes:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can phase walk be used with e-net on because one of the main things to taking down a sorc was popping e-net on and having them burn barrier+stun breaker with PW they could just go poof . They pretty much have 3 breakers now if phase walk is used properly. Also that new dark heal speed booster is deadly. I thought they would have nerfed sorc/sage healing on some moves very disappointed with that.

That deception buff is scary tho least if they take the audacity utility with it the burst potential will be so real.

Both sadness specs got extra crit on dots...ok seems like much bigger deal on assassins imo.

lighting sorcs got a nice 9% DR buff to maintain.

Phasewalk is going to be a serious issue on sorcs/sages tho bioware should seriously rethink that.

Burst is the amount of damage you can do in a small window of time (2-3) globals. With that definition, lighting burst is pretty damn good, also considering you can repeat every 9 seconds.

Absolutely right.

P.S. Sins need slighty maul dmg buff, not dis thing 3 charges after leap instead their CC immune. Dis can be very painfull on open.

Edit: Question. If you took 6 sec immunity in place of h2f bubble, wouldn't it be more valuable since you could use Unnatural Preservation + Dark heal spam and gain 50% MS on top of not being able to be lept to or interrupted? And you can teleport to Africa for great repositioning as well without being lept to?

I think it would depend on preference. Because you could use corrupted barrier to heal you, then as soon as it's 8 sec cast is over, pw away, and you're not wasting force using your off heals. Unless you're a healer then the 6 sec immunity would be more valuable.

Burst is the amount of damage you can do in a small window of time (2-3) globals. With that definition, lighting burst is pretty damn good, also considering you can repeat every 9 seconds.

Ok, I'll bite. In your first 3 GCDs:

Affliction, TB, Chain lightning = 21k damage or so

Discharge, Ball lightning, maul = 24-28k damage.

Compared to...

Tracer Missle, heatseekers, rail shot =34-37k damage easy

Energy burst, thermal det, rail shot = 32-34k damage

Ambush(RIP), follow through, takedown = 33-35k damage

Volatile, backstab, Lacerate = 31k damage

Raging burst, Furious strike, viscous throw = 34k damage

Yea. Sins and sorcs have lowest burst atm, it's a fact.

Compared to...

actually in LIGHT 21k if durng tb casat and chain, all Dot's on Affliction will crit, which is near impossible so, i'd say more 19.20k considering in full power rarely something hits more thsn 8.4k

Compared to...

Are you assuming all crits for everything?

These numbers are way high. You can't basically kill someone (37k is about 3-5k away from max health) with a tracer missile a heatseeker and a rail shot.

Compared to...

Nice numbers, lold. I can say - use recklessness instead of afliction, yes yes.

Sin can do in 3 GCD if all on power-surge 29-33K+(second ball lightning proc yes yes.)

Edited by helpmewin

I think Phasewalk will be used to get away from melees, and it will be the perfect skill to do so, coupled with this utility.

Not so sure, especially with bubble stun. It's more of a repositioning with ease type of thing. I don't however begrudge Sage / Sorc getting this ability.

However...

btw about speed wars...

More speed buffs. The Speed force © Flash! :rolleyes:

Sins and Shadows getting those speed buffs made available is just frackin stupid on top of all of the other mobility they have. Can see 4.0 will be more of the same **** 3.0 has been.

So glad I'm not really going to play this game much 4.0 onwards, least I don't have to fund the combat team with my subscription to make stupid changes.

Edited by Transcendent

Compared to...

Just wanna point out sorcs and sins have the best control on auto crits for opening burst is prob why thier burst isn't maxed isn't so high as others. At the same time ppl could argue MM and AP have insane raw burst (no crits) and to much control on how they crit as well with MM's laze target and AP's explosive fuel. Even so Sorcs and Sins recklessness does fail and its pretty sad when it does but when it hit's it's brutal especially since almost all of it will crit.

O and for lighting sorcs I would include more than 3 moves because lighting flash is done before chain lighting.

Lastly is this suppose to take into account certain personal buffs up, because no merc is going to be hitting in the 34-37k area without a fully buffed railshot.

Edited by Lalainnia

Just wanna point out sorcs and sins have the best control on auto crits for opening burst is prob why thier burst isn't maxed isn't so high as others. At the same time ppl could argue MM and AP have insane raw burst (no crits) and to much control on how they crit as well with MM's laze target and AP's explosive fuel. Even so Sorcs and Sins recklessness does fail and its pretty sad when it does but when it hit's it's brutal especially since almost all of it will crit.

O and for lighting sorcs I would include more than 3 moves because lighting flash is done before chain lighting.

Lastly is this suppose to take into account certain personal buffs up, because no merc is going to be hitting in the 34-37k area without a fully buffed railshot.

In pvp is better chain first so if u need to kite u have the useless 0.5 sec root, which is better than nothing i guess

This is tier 2, not tier 3. Corrupted Barrier isn't all that useful. You'll just take this new utility + the Innervate on the move utility.

Wow..

Edit: Question. If you took 6 sec immunity in place of h2f bubble, wouldn't it be more valuable since you could use Unnatural Preservation + Dark heal spam and gain 50% MS on top of not being able to be lept to or interrupted? And you can teleport to Africa for great repositioning as well without being lept to?

Do either of you have Sorcs/Sages? Corrupted Barrier heals you for 940+ a second while in your normal bubble, too, and scales off of HP. Played correctly you almost never have to actually cast Benevolence/Dark Heal on yourself in a Warzone as a DPS. Not too mention if you sit your full barrier you can go into it with 1HP and your healer can outright ignore you. Played correctly in combination with Phase Walk it will be almost impossible to kill a Sorc/Sage DPS with a healer.

Krea I know you have a Shadow/Sin, how often do you get leapt to/pulled immediately after Phase Walking? 0/100 times? It'll be no different for Sorcs. That utility is pointless.

I dunno why some ppl think Corrupted Barrier is useless to healers? While healed up in shield, you don't have to worry about yourself in the first place and heal up your mates meanwhile. Some utilities have their advantages though, just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Are you assuming all crits for everything?

These numbers are way high. You can't basically kill someone (37k is about 3-5k away from max health) with a tracer missile a heatseeker and a rail shot.

I don't have a merc or sniper etc... but to give some comparison of basic openers (granted yes players will pop CD's but this is just to give basic ideas of typical burst openers you'll see that deception sin typically has the lowest "big" hits and total burst. Is it terrible? No and I think that's what you're confusing. Deception sin can still hurt like hell especially given their decent control but they are far from high end burst and AP PT's and concealment OPs are still the kings of burst right now. Sin sits at the bottom next to lightning sorcs.

AP PT

7.21% 1 Thermal Detonator Kinetic 5059

11.34% 1 Magnetic Blast Energy 7956

17.58% 1 Energy Burst Energy 12338

19.54% 1 Rail Shot Energy 13709

23.58% 7 Shoulder Cannon Kinetic 16548

Not counting shoulder cannon 39,062 + shoulder cannon 55,610. Even if we were to only look at the 3 big hits krea mentioned its still almost 32k and my thermal hit kind of low on that one. I've seen thermal hit as hard as 8k.

Concentration Sentinel

16.3% 4 Force Exhaustion Kinetic 7952

20.2% 1 Focused Burst Kinetic 13856

22.47% 2 Concentrated Slice Energy 10961

18.77% 6 Master Strike Energy 9157

6.92% 1 Blade Storm Kinetic 6375

47,301 Assuming just for the 3 krea mentioned and taking account an average crit of dispatch is 7-9k which I couldn't do for these numbers you're looking at close to 32k

Deception sin

8.55% 1 Spike Energy 3054

15.44% 2 Voltaic Slash Energy 5511

20.81% 1 Ball Lightning Energy 7429 + 3714 proc

24.77% 1 Maul Energy 8843

26.45% 1 Discharge Internal 9444

37,995. Only looking at the 3 main burst abilities? 29,430

Is it terrible? No, not at all. Is it where it should be? imo no. Its a burst class and its main burst abilities rarely break 10k and one relies on a 50% proc. Their burst isn't horrible, but it kind of pales in comparison to the other burst classes big hits. I think the reason people think deception is more bursty than they are is due to the decent control deception has plus its CC immunities. But then you look at PT's two hard stuns and scratch your head. So maybe its the stealth that people have issue with I dunno. End of the day its burst is still one of the lowest next to all the other burst specs except lightning sorcs.

I don't like Corrupted Barrier because it heals me while

1) A small bubble is active. This bubble will be gone in a small amount of time.

2) Barrier is active, and that has a rather high cd. I don't like taking utilities that only affect skills with high cds.

I'd much rather take 30% damage reduction while stunned, because stuns are the real hazards as a sorc healer.