Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Question on The mando/merc new ability.

Yoyobear

New Ability: Rocket Out/Propulsion Round! Jet/Fire a specially designed propulsion round to launch yourself backward 20 meters, gaining immunity to controlling effects while jetting/launched. Cannot be used while immobilized or hindered.

Does this mean we can't use this ability while slowed? Cause everything in pvp seems to put a slow on you and the fact that our hold the line/hydraulics is being increase to 45 sec cooldown doesn't this make this new ability pretty worthless?

You cannot use the leap while rooted or electronetted.

Immobilised is a specific term in SWTOR to mean a root.

Hindered is a term specific to electronet in SWTOR not used for any other ability or as a dictionary term to mean "anything that hinders you".

Being sapped, stunned or dead will also stop you.

Edited by Gyronamics

No it will work quite a lot tbh im just more so annoyed that it won't do anything vs damage and it's only 20m which is useless plus without the heroic we can still be leapt to or pulled.

These changes are honestly a total joke and do nothing for mandos in pvp especially with the htl nerf which ironically hits us harder than vanguards .

They need to add a fing damage reduction or immunity to the copy paste wow hunter leap and it better work exactly like that I hope so when I jump I can get more distance. Like heck all it does is make us immune to stuns while jetting how fing long does it even last? otherwise the move is useless imo from the information they gave.

O and the new utilities skillfully masterful and heroic are total trash.

As for the passives for each spec

Combat medic/bodyguard srsly doesn't need anymore Aoe healing buffs to distort pve numbers please.

Arsenal/Gunnery crit chance is decent i guess nice job being so fing lazy tho that you had to take an old pvp set bonus, nerf it and call it new.

IQ/Assault- From the looks of it is Powershot suppose to end up being a better filler than thermal after the first use, SRSLY?

overall to me this all looks bad.

No it will work quite a lot tbh im just more so annoyed that it won't do anything vs damage and it's only 20m which is useless plus without the heroic we can still be leapt to or pulled.

It'll work fine in regs but in ranked it won't because when mercs/mandos are going to need it, i.e. when they're being focused, their movement's are more than likely going to be impaired.

It'll work fine in regs but in ranked it won't because when mercs/mandos are going to need it, i.e. when they're being focused, their movement's are more than likely going to be impaired.

Already more than fine in Regs. Just wish they'd do something for us in ranked. Maybe with 5.0, not that I'll hold my breath.

The only times it will not work are when you are Stunned, or you have Electro Net on you. Or you are Dead.

Lowslash, Spike, Electrocute, Carbonize, Cryo Grenade, Force Choke, Backhand, Intimidating Roar, Whirlwind, Concussion Missile, Ravage, and a whole crap load of other abilities are going to stop a merc/mando from using it.

So the times that it is going to work is when the merc/mando isn't being focused and, honestly, could just run away any way.

I just hope the animation has a high enough arc to get up to a platform in hutball etc. If you look at some wow hunter Vid on YouTube using Disengage it's very similar And might give Some insight to its potential.

nah, i'm pretty sure it'll be like all others, a straight horizontal ligne. Imagine you're mid in AHG or CW and rocket away and... hits the roofs and bounce back down like an idiot... it'd be funny if mercs/mandos were kings but....

These changes are honestly a total joke and do nothing for mandos in pvp especially with the htl nerf which ironically hits us harder than vanguards .

They need to add a fing damage reduction or immunity to the copy paste wow hunter leap and it better work exactly like that I hope so when I jump I can get more distance. Like heck all it does is make us immune to stuns while jetting how fing long does it even last? otherwise the move is useless imo from the information they gave.

O and the new utilities skillfully masterful and heroic are total trash.

As for the passives for each spec

Combat medic/bodyguard srsly doesn't need anymore Aoe healing buffs to distort pve numbers please.

Arsenal/Gunnery crit chance is decent i guess nice job being so fing lazy tho that you had to take an old pvp set bonus, nerf it and call it new.

IQ/Assault- From the looks of it is Powershot suppose to end up being a better filler than thermal after the first use, SRSLY?

overall to me this all looks bad.

Did anyone in the Merc/commando community even have any hope in Bioware ever making the class viable for pvp? The past patches have clearly shown their intention that only a few classes are viable for pvp and then balance pvp around them.

Personally, I cannot wait to see this in action. For some reason, the idea of loading a round in your cannon whose recoil is so strong that it blows you backwards 20 meters just sounds hilarious. Good thing commandos wear heavy armor cause their bodies would not be able to withstand the kinetic energy shock. Plus you are going backwards, its like the gunslinger roll, except much harder to see where you are actually going.

How many times will commando's propel themselves backwards into fire, or an acid pit? How many times will they blow themselves unintentionally off a catwalk? Or how often will they knock themselves backwards, only to realize that there was a wall or obstacle 7 meters behind them that they couldn't quite see? So much for the 20 meter gap-creator then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.