Why does everyone think the game is broken/sucks?

danielhajji

But this game clearly has gained a stereotype for being "bad". When someone is about to return to the game on a forum, they always ask "Is the game better now?"

There were many things at launch which people did not like...including me. But Bioware (starting around v1.5 if I am remembering correctly) started making many QoL changes that have vastly improved thing. Now, like in all things, most people hate change. So you will have have your QQers who scream that that change is bad and going to spell the end of the game.

While the game does have issues, most of the hardcore hate comes from players who are angry the games doesnt cater precisely to exactly how they -want- it to be. (Whooo entitlement!)

Are there things i dont like about the game? Yup, but there are things i do like, and i will continue to play until the bad outweighs the good to me.

Then you just get the trolls who like to foam at the mouth and spew vitrol just so they get attention. Internet annonymitty and all that...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

When someone is about to return to the game on a forum, they always ask "Is the game better now?"

That kind of follows logically though. The people who find a game lacking are a lot more likely to quit than the ones who find it awesome.

Mostly because in an 11 month span following 3.0 the only new content will be a 1 hour story zone (ziost), one instanced world boss, and two HM versions of previously released tactical flashpoints.

They released some cosmetic stuff to spend money on, but no other story or active content.

So anyone that plays more than I do (I'm always <<10 hrs per week) is probably bored to death.

Edited by bdatt

Exactly what is broken about this game? I dont see why everyone is always whining. I have been subbed since launch and never feel like the game sucks or is broken.. In fact, there is more content in this game than a lot of other mmos.

Because of bugs bw tend to let true to live servers sor lounch broken meat tree q broken fight whit reven then all that funny exploit busines and time it took to fix it then temple chair slip up and many other bugs that should never be seen on live servers since they were reported on pts many times still we get em on live servers. Bw track record whit bugs and time to fix em a far from perfect. Still its a good game for me atleast

Broken is actually good when it means exploitable.

Example. Soloing Operations "raid" content by yourself ((rumor: the ability to do this is getting taken away in 4.0))

The irony is that today, in 192/198 gear, you can easily run the SM ops and HM FP at lvl 60.

======

BAD broken is when the game engine is from 2005 and outdated before the MMO was even made. (Hero Engine)

BAD broken as in everybody gets reduced framerate and low fps with modern top of line hardware (Hero Engine)

<insert quote about guy with GTX 980ti, i7 i4990k, SSD and can't maintain a vsync 60fps in warzone/operations>

<quote also says, same setup can get over 144fps on 1440p 144hz monitor in any modern FPS, Third Person SHooter, Games, like GTA5, MGSV TPP, WITCher 3 just fine>

BAD Broken as in performance issues that have been around since launch and never fixed.

======

Good news is, this game is 4x better than it was at launch, and is 4x more playable today than it ever was before. There's good things to look forward to with KotFE

You just have to ignore the basic faults described above, based on the technology it was built on (Hero Engine)

Get passed that and you'll enjoy the game.

Edited by Falensawino

While the game does have issues, most of the hardcore hate comes from players who are angry the games doesnt cater precisely to exactly how they -want- it to be. (Whooo entitlement!)

Are there things i dont like about the game? Yup, but there are things i do like, and i will continue to play until the bad outweighs the good to me.

Then you just get the trolls who like to foam at the mouth and spew vitrol just so they get attention. Internet annonymitty and all that...

This right here.

The game still has issues. BioWare has even more issues when it comes to communication and fixing/breaking things when they decide to change something, and with their testing and vetting procedures. But overall, at the end of the day, the profitability of the game speaks more than any naysayers on this or any forum can.

I will always be critical of the game and BioWare when I think it is deserved, and I will defend both of them for the same reason.

Edited by TravelersWay

Exactly what is broken about this game? I dont see why everyone is always whining. I have been subbed since launch and never feel like the game sucks or is broken.. In fact, there is more content in this game than a lot of other mmos.

It's feedback...no need to be so dramatic.

We're all here because we enjoy the game obviously. Some of us aren't so blinded by addiction to it though, that we can't see how some things are clearly "broken", and the explanations as to WHY players feel something is "broken", are generally spelled out in the threads they create on the "broken" item.

Because this game has obvious issues / faults still to this day?

But every piece of software in history has warts like that. Should developers and publishers take better care to limit those issues/faults? Absolutely. Will it ever happen? Not as long as someone or a group of someones at a company set hard deadlines and we as consumers expect results quicker than can be accomplished.

what do you think would happen, if BW came to these forums and said, "we're sorry but things are not going as planned and we have to push back the launch of KotFE until January 2016"? There would be a riot.

We're all here because we enjoy the game obviously. Some of us aren't so blinded by addiction to it though, that we can't see how some things are clearly "broken", and the explanations as to WHY players feel something is "broken", are generally spelled out in the threads they create on the "broken" item.

The problem is NOT with those who are rational about their comments and requests. It is about those who state: "X is broken. FIX IT NAU!!!!" The former is feedback, the latter is not. And there are far more of the latter than the former. What's worse is when someone rationally objects and/or contradicts the former and the thread turns into the latter.

OP, there is another reason why individuals come to this forum to spew game hate: they want the attention. There are "haters" everywhere on the Internet, and the psychology behind their intent is that they are trying to get a reaction from the audience. If we as a populous stop reacting to their vitriol, they will move on to "greener pastures"

Edited by psandak

The problem is NOT with those who are rational about their comments and requests. It is about those who state: "X is broken. FIX IT NAU!!!!" The former is feedback, the latter is not. And there are far more of the latter than the former. What's worse is when someone rationally objects and/or contradicts the former and the thread turns into the latter.

I see very very few of those types of threads. Sure they come up every few weeks, but it's the exception, not the norm.

And even if you don't see it as feedback, it really IS. It shows a frustration that the player is feeling about the issue...or... it's even used to dramatize something in the hopes of getting an issue addressed. The reality is, it doesn't really matter if you ask nicely or rant about an issue...odds are, you'll get the exact same response either way...SILENCE, which just breeds more frustration...

Entertainment can get people emotional...just look at what happens when your favorite sports team scores...pure emotion! I see no problem with how most people phrase things, I simply look for the real message they're conveying.

OP, there is another reason why individuals come to this forum to spew game hate: they want the attention

^^THIS^^ This is a HUGE reason I think we see some things that are ridiculous.

Edited by TUXs

I see very very few of those types of threads. Sure they come up every few weeks, but it's the exception, not the norm.

And even if you don't see it as feedback, it really IS. It shows a frustration that the player is feeling about the issue...or... it's even used to dramatize something in the hopes of getting an issue addressed. The reality is, it doesn't really matter if you ask nicely or rant about an issue...odds are, you'll get the exact same response either way...SILENCE, which just breeds more frustration...

Entertainment can get people emotional...just look at what happens when your favorite sports team scores...pure emotion! I see no problem with how most people phrase things, I simply look for the real message they're conveying.

^^THIS^^ This is a HUGE reason I think we see some things that are ridiculous.

Tonality is important though when dealing with people in my field, we tend to compartmentalize things and put them into different buckets and try to find logic, which there isn't much logic in emotions. I understand it can be infuriating to people who are more emotional, like my sisters, they hate when I go into logic mode. But, when communicating with software types, rational and logical will win more points. We kind of rub off on people around us too, we are Borg.

Tonality is important though when dealing with people in my field, we tend to compartmentalize things and put them into different buckets and try to find logic, which there isn't much logic in emotions. I understand it can be infuriating to people who are more emotional, like my sisters, they hate when I go into logic mode. But, when communicating with software types, rational and logical will win more points. We kind of rub off on people around us too, we are Borg.

Understood Mr. Spock \,,/. :p

I dont think I was being dramatic, but when im on the forum under the "general" topic, I see topics like "swtor is dead, bye" or "kotfe will fail because____"

Er ma gerd! The world is coming to an end! I never played on a computer old enough to just have black and green for graphics so I can't properly appreciate the awesomeness of swtor.

Really though this game has way more positives than negatives about it.