Nico Okarr

SebastiaanZ

But nooo, NOW we're finding out that to get something that BioWare has had the money in-hand for (at release) almost THREE MONTHS, and promised, in writing to deliver via game email, the story has changed to mean to say that we'll need to stroll around an inevitably buggy expansion.

Well, THANK YOU BioWare. Sorry if I'm not happy about getting told a lie.

It's just amazing how seriously people take their own interpretations of what Bioware says, examining every period and comma and asterisk and interpreting them to their own point of view, and then flame Bioware for it. How well would such an argument fare in a court of law? It would be laughed out of court for the pedantic rant that it is. In the universe of things to get upset and emotional about, how does this rank on the scale?

The Bottom Line is this: Bioware said if we are subscribers on the given dates we get some goodies. This is an incentive to be subscribed on those dates. The goodies will be delivered in in-game email on X date.

END OF STORY. Get over yourselves. My Goodness, how do you live your Real Life if you get so upset over a non-issue like this?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a big deal in any way. From the begining I always thought we'd only get him from within the expansion and after. Mainly because it made zero sense for him to be in game anytime before that.

They should have said it better perhaps,and having to go thru KOTFE at least one time per side won't be an issue for most players. You had to do it for HK before you bought him,and it could work this way for Nico as well. We havent been told the full details yet,which ist he only thing I am upset about. The lack of any real new info on companions,the expansion in general,etc.

It's just amazing how seriously people take their own interpretations of what Bioware says, examining every period and comma and asterisk and interpreting them to their own point of view, and then flame Bioware for it. How well would such an argument fare in a court of law? It would be laughed out of court for the pedantic rant that it is. In the universe of things to get upset and emotional about, how does this rank on the scale?

The Bottom Line is this: Bioware said if we are subscribers on the given dates we get some goodies. This is an incentive to be subscribed on those dates. The goodies will be delivered in in-game email on X date.

END OF STORY. Get over yourselves. My Goodness, how do you live your Real Life if you get so upset over a non-issue like this?

You mean, how well would it fare (if it got to court) when it was noted that something had been promised in writing? That's called a contract. Look it up, Johnny Cochran. The "bottom line" is that subs were promised something, to be delivered via in-game mail, on a specific day. With just a few mouse clicks you can go and read it yourself. You won't, of course, because BioWare can always depend on its legion of fanbois (like you) to ceaselessly defend it, and the game, regardless of what negative garbage they pull.

Knights of the Fallen Empire rewards are delivered through in-game mail and are redeemable as of the launch of the expansion upon login on October 27, 2015.

What's unclear there? Am I somehow not reading a part of that? The part that would mention, "Except for the companion. That one, we have a nice big surprise for you!"

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in my previous post, the plan for getting Nico in Fallen Empire was that you would recruit him into your Alliance as you were playing through the storyline. However, knowing the concerns about how you access Nico, we are also going to send you a token in the mail which will allow you to have Nico right away. If you want to get Nico as a part of playing through Fallen Empire, you can still do that. Just delete the token from your mail and you will get him naturally. On the flip side, if you claim the token we will still let you do his recruitment mission later on, you will just already have him.

This way the decision is in your hands on whether you want to get him as a part of the recruitment, or if you just want him right away. And it is worth repeating, that Nico is only accessible to those subscribers who qualified for him.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion (which I created ;)).

-eric

Edited by NickAvola

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in my previous post, the plan for getting Niko in Fallen Empire was that you would recruit him into your Alliance as you were playing through the storyline. However, knowing the concerns about how you access Niko, we are also going to send you a token in the mail which will allow you to have Niko right away. If you want to get Niko as a part of playing through Fallen Empire, you can still do that. Just delete the token from your mail and you will get him naturally. On the flip side, if you claim the token we will still let you do his recruitment mission later on, you will just already have him.

This way the decision is in your hands on whether you want to get him as a part of the recruitment, or if you just want him right away. And it is worth repeating, that Niko is only accessible to those subscribers who qualified for him.

-eric

Clears up a bunch! Thank you!

My only remaining question is, if we decide to wait, can we assume we'll have Niko in the first KOTFE dump (chapters 1-9)?

Edited by TUXs

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in my previous post, the plan for getting Niko in Fallen Empire was that you would recruit him into your Alliance as you were playing through the storyline. However, knowing the concerns about how you access Niko, we are also going to send you a token in the mail which will allow you to have Niko right away. If you want to get Niko as a part of playing through Fallen Empire, you can still do that. Just delete the token from your mail and you will get him naturally. On the flip side, if you claim the token we will still let you do his recruitment mission later on, you will just already have him.

This way the decision is in your hands on whether you want to get him as a part of the recruitment, or if you just want him right away. And it is worth repeating, that Niko is only accessible to those subscribers who qualified for him.

-eric

Eric, that is freaking awesome. It's the best of both worlds, every sort of player gets what they want, and it's the sort of solution I'd like to see more often.

Good on Bioware, and good on you.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

• Dev Post
Clears up a bunch! Thank you!

My only remaining question is, if we decide to wait, can we assume we'll have Niko in the first KOTFE dump (chapters 1-9)?

Yup! You will be able to get him with the content that releases on 10/27 (or 10/20 for early access).

-eric

Why not send us a token that shows the ending to KOTFE right away? Why not, I'm "concerned", I paid for expansion and I want everything right now.

Add this to old companions that are gone still being summonable just because people complained about waifus/husbandos going away and the entire concept of story-focused expansion gets more and more laughable.

Why not send us a token that shows the ending to KOTFE right away? Why not, I'm "concerned", I paid for expansion and I want everything right now.

Add this to old companions that are gone still being summonable just because people complained about waifus/husbandos going away and the entire concept of story-focused expansion gets more and more laughable.

So delete the token, and stop worrying about what other players do.

Hey folks,

-eric

Being a mail reward, would it mean if I made a new level 1 toon, would I get / be able to use the Nico token like all the other mail I get when creating new characters?

So delete the token, and stop worrying about what other players do.

For once, Max, you're totally right.

People, there are two ways to see this.. Either you chose to break immersion for "reason" or you chose to not break it so the story still makes sense. What others do is none of your *********** business. MMO doesn't mean you can chose what your neighbor does.

No no no...I'm asking...if eric refuses to answer, then I'll begin my demands ;)

Demands which will be met with such high regard. :p Other words, NOT heard. lol

Am wondering myself, will he be in mail for level 1 toons, or when you hit level 60 you get him? Or just for the characters you have now will get the mail? For future characters will you have to wait till you hit that point in story??

I try to reserve using it for when it actually applies -- as it does here.

I have not said, and I think no one has said, that "Nico Okarr should be available all the way to level 1." There are rewards that are limited by level -- crystals that can't be used before level 10, mounts you can't use until you have the skill, etc -- and no one has made an argument against that practice in this thread that I recall.

If he thought that might be my position, the intellectually honest thing to do would have been to ask, not to assume it for the sake of scoring some quick internet snark points.

So, since I've been away a while, I'll just address this. If Nico meets the same qualifications, what have they done wrong this time? How is having a stipulation tied to it any different than crystals, or Treek, that I mentioned in another post? If you get the contract, but have to actually do something to unlock it, just like Treek, then they have fulfilled their end of the bargain. I find it hilarious that, in this post, you use the same basic argument that I did, that some items have a requirement, but you still have them, but when I use it, it's a strawman, but when you use it, it's logic?

Regarding your strawman claim: So a subscriber can't have a level 1 toon, at all? I'm trying to figure out how you come up with this logic, not trying to build a strawman to tear down. I'm trying to figure out how your entitlement to a reward doesn't apply to every character on your account, even one that you rolled up and then couldn't remember, or figure out what you were going to do with, and then forgot about whilst playing your other toons, something that happens quite often to me. Rotate my crafters in and out, and the new toon winds up on the bottom of page three, a distant memory. It happens...