Just bought Both Star Wars Blu Ray trilogies

SaerethDL

I just bought both star wars blu ray trilogies for 35.99 a pop at bestbuy, do yall think that is a good deal? I am going to binge watch them soon to get ready for the new movie in December! Any of yall have plans to do the same?:eek: Edited by SaerethDL

Doesn't the blue-ray versions have the new dumb ":csw_vader: Nooooooo" added? Yeah $36 is a decent price for both trilogies.

To answer the other question though, yes I do like watching all the movies one after another and was actually thinking of doing so in the near future.

Edited by Pscyon

Doesn't the blue-ray versions have the new dumb ":csw_vader: Nooooooo" added? Yeah $36 is a decent price for both trilogies.

To answer the other question though, yes I do like watching all the movies one after another and was actually thinking of doing so in the near future.

I'm not sure, I heard there where copies of the original version within the bluray that I bought... I hope so! otherwise NoooOOOoOoOO!!

I just bought both star wars blu ray trilogies for 35.99 a pop at bestbuy, do yall think that is a good deal? I am going to binge watch them soon to get ready for the new movie in December! Any of yall have plans to do the same?:eek:

i would say no its not a good deal... mostly because of all the changes they did to the original trilogy.

as for the new movie no im not looking forward to it at all. Disney and JJ killed the EU i have no plans at all to ever see the new movies. and so far the novels that are now a part of cannon are horrible.

as for a good quality version of the ORIGINAL Original Trilogy i have them all on Laser Disk :D

Edited by Edzew

I'm not sure, I heard there where copies of the original version within the bluray that I bought... I hope so! otherwise NoooOOOoOoOO!!

The last DVD release of the OT before the blu-rays had a bonus disc with each of the movies that included that movie's original theatrical release, untouched. For example, Star Wars was "Star Wars" on the crawl--no Episode IV, no A New Hope.

You might be able to find those if you look. But, as said above, there have been rumors of Disney's desire to release restored versions of the originals. I've yet to see anything more than rumors at this point, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll just keep an eye out for it.

Edited by JacenHallis

i would say no its not a good deal... mostly because of all the changes they did to the original trilogy.

as for the new movie no im not looking forward to it at all. Disney and JJ killed the EU i have no plans at all to ever see the new movies. and so far the novels that are now a part of cannon are horrible.

as for a good quality version of the ORIGINAL Original Trilogy i have them all on Laser Disk :D

So you'll pay for the new expanded universe material but "are not looking forward to Ep7 at all"? That does not make any sense. Tell anyone on the street you buy EU Star Wars material and after you explain what the EU is they will tell you that you're a superfan.

Nope, however they are planning on rerleasing the original unedited unenhanced versions on BD

I tried searching but the only thing I came up with is that they're releasing the original trilogy in steelbook editions in November. But they are still the altered versions, nothing official has been announced for the original theatrical versions.

I tried searching but the only thing I came up with is that they're releasing the original trilogy in steelbook editions in November. But they are still the altered versions, nothing official has been announced for the original theatrical versions.

The hold up has been Fox, they will forever own distribution rights to Ep IV. Disney gets V and VI back in 2020. Any deal for all 3 would have to be worked out with Fox.

Disney wants to, Lucas does not (not that it is his decision anymore). I assume that Disney will wait till they are in a better position with Fox before pushing it.

I didn't hate all the added things George did, but I did hate quite a few!

Han circling Jaba, terrible. Luke not screaming when he falls, terrible. Vader's no, terrible. The changing of the ewok music at the end, terrible. Han shooting second, terrible.

There may have been one or two other changes that I was meh too (I believe Obi Wan and Yoda talking there was a meh moment added in) but those one's mentioned are what really had me go ***!

I wouldn't mind a new version of the originals with enhanced visuals (new stuff not the crap 1998 obvious CGI), but with the caveat that no content is actually added or removed, or outcomes change.. that's my major issue with the special editions. They add stuff in, remove stuff, or completely change the outcomes of things. It's an overall detriment.

For instance, there's a version of the ANH Obi-wan vs Darth Vader fight that has been sped up just a little bit. It looks a lot better (the original was a bit plodding and clunky). It adds to the scene without really betraying anything, changing the outcome, adding new random "noooo"s in, etc.

It'll never happen at this point. I love the original trilogy but the special effects are getting very dated and they break my immersion.. yet the "enhanced" versions are so bad.

Edited by Eleonora

I didn't hate all the added things George did, but I did hate quite a few!

Han circling Jaba, terrible. Luke not screaming when he falls, terrible. Vader's no, terrible. The changing of the ewok music at the end, terrible. Han shooting second, terrible.

There may have been one or two other changes that I was meh too (I believe Obi Wan and Yoda talking there was a meh moment added in) but those one's mentioned are what really had me go ***!

You forgot adding in young Anakins force ghost at the end of ROTJ instead of leaving in old Anakin. Its old Obiwan. That made me super mad.

So, if I get this correctly, you actually liked when George Lucas added the Emperor's scream to Luke's fall in Cloud City? Because he didn't originally do it. It was later taken back out because it was such a bad addition.

Luke had resigned himself to death, there was no reason to scream.

So, if I get this correctly, you actually liked when George Lucas added the Emperor's scream to Luke's fall in Cloud City? Because he didn't originally do it. It was later taken back out because it was such a bad addition.

Luke had resigned himself to death, there was no reason to scream.

I liked the original. Late posting on that, right before sleep, I had almost forgotten about them changing the scene with Han shooting second too. :p

Basically, the background shots they added in where what I found nice.

For example, Star Wars was "Star Wars" on the crawl--no Episode IV, no A New Hope.

Episode IV, A New Hope was in the crawl text in the original and theatrical releases. I can still remember asking "How can they start in the middle of the story? What happened in the first 3?" And my parents telling me to be quiet and watch the movie. ;)

Edited by PorsaLindahl

It may be a weird thing to be hung up on, but honestly the one thing that I dread hearing that was added in was the

. What is that supposed to be? I sure hope that the dreaded Krayt Dragons aren't actually supposed to make that sound. That'd be rather disappointing.

Episode IV, A New Hope was in the crawl text in the original and theatrical releases. I can still remember asking "How can they start in the middle of the story? What happened in the first 3?" And my parents telling me to be quiet and watch the movie. ;)

You sure you're not talking about the special edition rereleases in theaters in the 90's?

this. also, in the novelization of the movie, the status of the emperor as a puppet political figure was directly stated and that it was the Moffs who controlled the galaxy. i was rather taken back on how the state of the galaxy was contrary to what we were told later.

this. also, in the novelization of the movie, the status of the emperor as a puppet political figure was directly stated and that it was the Moffs who controlled the galaxy. i was rather taken back on how the state of the galaxy was contrary to what we were told later.

Incorrect.

The theatrical release began it's opening crawl on simply "Star Wars". Episode IV appeared on subsequent VHS releases and in the Special Editions.

And the idea that Palpatine is a puppet ruler is only present in Alan Dean Foster's film novelization. In the final film, his name is mentionned three times and each of those are to announce that he just tightened his grip on the Empire (Dissolving the council and the Senate, among others.), never are the Moffs implied to be in control of the Empire.

I remember the crawl, but i could be mistaken on when i saw it as it was a long time ago in a state far far away. However, for the sake of argument, i googled it and it was stated that the EpIV crawl was added to movie on its re-release in 1981 with the VHS release in 1982 (what wondrous years those were). again, it was a quick search and i did not do thesis work. its very possible i am remembering my trip to the show then and not my first few trips after our vacation in Tennessee where i remember seeing the advertisement in the local paper. as a side note, this was my first PG movie i saw at the movies followed later by Star Trek the Motion picture.

as for the novelization vs the film. yes, the film did mention those those things which is why i stated "in the novelization of the film." I am not at home right now and i wouldnt remember the name of the author without picking the book off the shelf even if you had a gun to my head. In that i said it was contrary to what we were told later in the film, it looks like we both get accuracy points. however, you get a few more for remembering the guys name and a few more for directed portions of the film to counter.

Edited by Qouivandes