No Nico for me?

PedgeJameson

he's gonna be available much like treek and hk are now. no doubt about it. imagine how much money they'll make from people like you and me who came back to the game after the deadline who will have to buy cartel coins to unlock him ;)

And you honestly think they will risk people not subscribing for "pre release gifts" in the future?

At no point during the game before have they offered a gift for pre-release and then subsequently made it available to purchase.

There appears to be a few that think that "money can be thrown at anything" - the game would already be closed down if there was no profit in it. So saying "think of all the money they would make" is really a moot point.

The talk of him and his equipment being available in the CM is only by those people who missed out on him during the promotion - strange that.

They will annoy a lot of people if they decide to pull a stunt like that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you honestly think they will risk people not subscribing for "pre release gifts" in the future?

At no point during the game before have they offered a gift for pre-release and then subsequently made it available to purchase.

There appears to be a few that think that "money can be thrown at anything" - the game would already be closed down if there was no profit in it. So saying "think of all the money they would make" is really a moot point.

The talk of him and his equipment being available in the CM is only by those people who missed out on him during the promotion - strange that.

They will annoy a lot of people if they decide to pull a stunt like that.

oh I don't know. the fact that prerelease people are getting extras at no extra cost might be incentive enough.

and this is an interesting case too. previously preorder /early adopter bonuses were purely cosmetic (model or a color of something that it in game in some other appearance). in case of functional gifts like hutt trainer? there are other holo trainers in game, preorder pet is also acquirable - in recolor, but nonetheless. there's even now a cartel crystal that is very close in appearance to yellow black.

but in this case.

1. bonus is tied to subscription rather then early purchase. presumably, you would be subscribing anyways.

2. unlike all the prior rewards? this one is unique and has actual content attached to it (even if said content is couple of conversations - its still slightly more then cosmetic

so. personally I would say - they SHOULD sell him in CM and I say that as someone who is getting him at no extra cost other then subscription. hell... sell holohutt for all I care. I got to have him all this time and I preordered back in those days becasue I wanted to play expansion at the earliest opportunity. hutt was a a nice bonus, no doubt, but I would have gotten that expansion on release anyways, so)

now, if they are given away for free to people who were NOT subscribers/preorder buyers at the time? then I'd be annoyed. but as cm purchase? /shrug bring it on.

If it were at all possible, OP could have mine.

I'm not that bothered about Nico personally. For me it isn't a big deal. If I had multiple 'copies' others could have it (him) too.

If/when the expansion goes live for everyone, there may be another chance. In the meantime, there are plenty of dual-wield companions, with good backstories. One could always roll a gunslinger or Mercenary too, and DIY.

Sorry to hear of anyone's loss, but Nico is only pixels after all.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Some of us had stuff to do. Dull the claws down a bit.

Then perhaps you should have made a reoccurring sub back when the original date was announced (and then extended as well) That way, no matter what you had to do, you would have gotten what you wanted.

Poor planning on your part falls only on you.

You are allowed to take a break. Not allowed to complain about something that has been known in general public for months.

Thanks for telling him what is allowed and what is not. Btw who the hell cares about a computer game if someone in your family dies, hardly any wonder he missed something as insignificant as this. Ok, so he had a little moan at the start, but he went on to say it's his own fault and shrugged it off. All these comments dude lol, goes to show how petty some people here seem to be.

SNIP....All these comments dude lol, goes to show how petty some people here seem to be.

You are right. Just goes to show how petty the OP really was. Creating the whole thread in the first place off his own inaction in the hopes of stiring up some drama. Brought the whine hoping more would side with him and as far as anyone else here knows, is a made up story to garner attention because he missed something he wanted.

It is the internet after all. Don't believe everything you read. What you can believe though is if he created a reoccurring sub no matter what happened, he would have gotten what he wanted.

Lets hope he learned from his mistakes. The first one being not posting a pity thread. The second one you should be able to guess at with some accuracy.

You are right. Just goes to show how petty the OP really was. Creating the whole thread in the first place off his own inaction in the hopes of stiring up some drama. Brought the whine hoping more would side with him and as far as anyone else here knows, is a made up story to garner attention because he missed something he wanted.

It is the internet after all. Don't believe everything you read. What you can believe though is if he created a reoccurring sub no matter what happened, he would have gotten what he wanted.

Lets hope he learned from his mistakes. The first one being not posting a pity thread. The second one you should be able to guess at with some accuracy.

Why does the OP have to have some sinister reason for making this thread? Can't he just be a guy trying to partake in some community discussion? Why all the self perceived notions of him having some other agenda? Ridiculous argument. Without trying to put words in his mouth here, I think the only thing he may of learned from this, is to just not bother talking to the swtor community.

Why does the OP have to have some sinister reason for making this thread? Can't he just be a guy trying to partake in some community discussion?

and it's being discussed. Just not in the way he had hoped it would go I'm sure given his postings and back tracking.

Why all the self perceived notions of him having some other agenda?

Because I don't believe him. any single person here can come up with some random story on why they didn't get what they wanted because of their failings to act. Hell, he could have posted a news article and I would have questioned it on a game forum. I don't put anything past the internet. AND - he did have an agenda. You can see that in the first post.

Ridiculous argument. Without trying to put words in his mouth here, I think the only thing he may of learned from this, is to just not bother talking to the swtor community.

Then he made another mistake as the community will give you a whole plethora of answers to your issue. Talking to the community gets you more perspectives than just your own. Apparently ones he didn't like because they didn't side with him and join his little "woe is me"party. What he got was answers to how he made a mistake and it's not BW fault. Just his own and I'm sure he hates the thought of that.

Again, it's all on him and a reoccurring sub way back when it was all announced would have changed the whole course of this with whatever drama happened in his real life. Set it and forget it.

It's all on him. He missed the deadline and lost the perk. Happens every day. If there is a dead line, best to not miss it or hope for an extension. Whining about it afterwards doesn't help someone either.

Edited by Quraswren

I missed the deadline by 10 days. Are they serious? I won't even have a chance to buy him? A whole companion gone forever? :mad:

That sucks. To be fair they did extend the time for him by quite a bit because I just rejoined and it had originally said you get him by a certain date if you are a subscriber but then later that date was changed and pushed back even more which doesn't really help you if you're just now coming back to swtor and didn't know about it. I'm sure they'll release him somehow for you in the future. I mean if you take a look at every single thing swtor has released, all the special editions, special items for buying this or that, nearly all of them have been made available in one form or another for people who missed them. I think it would be foolish not to put them on the Cartel Market for everyone who missed out. It would be a money maker that's for sure.

I know this is a huge longshot but if you are just coming back and didn't even know about this and missed it by a day or two then maybe you can contact customer support and see if there's anything they can do? Probably not but you never know. On one hand it would be nice if they did but on the other if they made one exception then they'd have to make one for everyone. If nothing else you might be able to find out if they're going to give you another opportunity in the future to purchase him.

Sorry it's not much help. I just returned to swtor maybe a week or so after they announced these items so I was pretty lucky. I also ended up getting the Amazon Bundle for 40 dollars which was an amazing deal especially since I didn't have SOR and my sub was nearly due and it comes with 60 days game time plus cartel coins and other goodies. I also did that to make absolutely sure I would stay subbed up until KOTFE comes out. I'd be so pissed if I accidentally overdrew my account or something the day my sub here was due and missed out on anything lol. Now I don't have to worry because I'm good for 60 days. :csw_destroyer:

I missed the deadline by 10 days. Are they serious? I won't even have a chance to buy him? A whole companion gone forever? :mad:

Yeah, real life sucks like that at times...there are things you simply can't get once you miss them.

Job, death in family. Oh wait this is the world of MMO's. I'm not allowed a break.

At the risk (certainty?) of seeming cold, uncaring, and unsympathetic, I have a job, and I had a death in the family (my wife, no less, in mid-July, after a seven month battle with a death-sentence grade cancer), and I managed to get it set up in time.

I qualified for Nico, but I wouldn't be averse to people being able to buy him on a character by character basis for a fairly hefty sum of Cartel Coins, with no legacy unlock available. None of his gear mind you, that's minor enough that it qualifies for a 'neener-neener-ner-ner' response, but a companion... Well that's pretty major, especially such an iconic one from the games original trailer/intro vid.

Thanks for telling him what is allowed and what is not. Btw who the hell cares about a computer game if someone in your family dies, hardly any wonder he missed something as insignificant as this. Ok, so he had a little moan at the start, but he went on to say it's his own fault and shrugged it off. All these comments dude lol, goes to show how petty some people here seem to be.

You are missing the point. Whatever happens IRL is IRL. So just as you said who the hell cares about a computer game. A guy missed the deadline. It happens. The original post sounded like he is mad at the whole world and demands Nico for himself. EOT.

At the risk (certainty?) of seeming cold, uncaring, and unsympathetic, I have a job, and I had a death in the family (my wife, no less, in mid-July, after a seven month battle with a death-sentence grade cancer), and I managed to get it set up in time.

At the risk of showing I do have a sensitive side (don't tell the hairy Italian that sits on my couch eating my food), what you wrote is quite possibly the warmest, most caring and human thing said in this thread.

Oh wow...I'm sorry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.