August Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerqa;8413670]Where did you see that we will be able to use companions that are not a part of our character's main story? ( T7 on a Imperial to use your example ). I watched the live stream and did not hear that mentioned at all, only that all companions will be able to fill the three roles of dps, tank and healer

Quote: Originally Posted by cach-x View Post

Chances these get a reply are close to non-existant, but what the hell, I'll ask anyway.

1. Will be able to meet and/or recruit companions that don't belong in our class? (for example, if I play the demo with my agent, will I still see T7?) yes or no will suffice.

2. What affects the companions effectiveness in battle? Only our level? what about Presence stat? what about affection?

3. Will any and all changes to the companion system also be applied to the 1-60 leveling experience?(multiple roles in combat, or whatever changes you introduce to crafting)

4. Since some companions are not customizable via armor, I am correct to assume that the customization slot will still be there?

5. What will happen to earpieces and Implants on companions? Should I remove them before starting KOTFE?

Yes.

Level and Presence. What Presence does is increase damage, healing output, and total health of your Companions.

Yup!

Yup again.

The plan right now is they will be mailed to you when they come off your Companion in 4.0.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php (4th post on the dev tracker)

But to access your legacy Storage you have to be at your stronghold. You can hand it to your companion right there, without any zoning.

Except I have to zone back to my ship for certain conversations, sorry should have brought that up as well.

Except I have to zone back to my ship for certain conversations, sorry should have brought that up as well.

Ah, I see! Sry didn't thought about that. Might be, because I spoil them as early as possible with many gifts, so they work better, but that early they don't speak much. ;)

Quote: Originally Posted by cach-x View Post

Chances these get a reply are close to non-existant, but what the hell, I'll ask anyway.

1. Will be able to meet and/or recruit companions that don't belong in our class? (for example, if I play the demo with my agent, will I still see T7?) yes or no will suffice.

2. What affects the companions effectiveness in battle? Only our level? what about Presence stat? what about affection?

3. Will any and all changes to the companion system also be applied to the 1-60 leveling experience?(multiple roles in combat, or whatever changes you introduce to crafting)

4. Since some companions are not customizable via armor, I am correct to assume that the customization slot will still be there?

5. What will happen to earpieces and Implants on companions? Should I remove them before starting KOTFE?

1. Yes.
  2. Level and Presence. What Presence does is increase damage, healing output, and total health of your Companions.
  3. Yup!
  4. Yup again.
  5. The plan right now is they will be mailed to you when they come off your Companion in 4.0.

The answer of yes to number 1 is more likely that each class will see T-7 in the story line, not that you can necessarily recruit him. Which is still a major lingering question not answered, and cross faction recruitment of companions as well.

Few questions Eric.

As this is all about companion questions, a few of those concerning same-gender romances. I know that with Rise of the Hutt Cartel and forward players have the option of same-gender flirts and romances with various NPCs. One would assume that will continue with new companions coming up as well.

However the two questions I have is

1- Will older companions now have same-gender romance options now open? And..

2- Is this just KotFE on-wards, or will this be retroactive and new characters can do this levels 1-55 now as well?

We know: some Makeb Achievements are being removed because the Weekly Missions there are being changed.

We know: the Companion "Affection" system is being changed, at least in name, into "Influence".

Question: Are the current Companion Affection Achievements (including the" Squad Leader" meta-Achievements) going to be removed because of the change to Affection / Influence? Or is the requirement for those Achievements just being updated to reflect the new term / system?

Edited by DarthDymond

This may have already been asked. Didn't feel like going thought the whole thread to find out. Lana as far as we know right now is a sorcerer. On the live stream she was fighting as a marauder and healing as a sorcerer. Was this by design or by the players choice? If by choice does this mean that the player will be able to pick the dps style for the companion ( range / melee ) ? Example, I have Lana fight as a marauder with my Jedi but have her fight as a sorcerer with my warrior. Edited by Sevnsinz

This may have already been asked. Didn't feel like going thought the whole thread to find out. Lana as far as we know right now is a sorcerer. On the live stream she was fighting as a marauder and healing as a sorcerer. Was this by design or by the players choice? If by choice does this mean that the player will be able to pick the dps style for the companion ( range / melee ) ? Example, I have Lana fight as a marauder with my Jedi but have her fight as a sorcerer with my warrior.

It might very well be because she was in a DPS stance, all companions as of 4.0 will have the option to be any three of the types. DPS, Tank, Healer

Hello Eric,

1. What will happen with augments? Since you make crit and surge into one and all 4 attributes into one... which crew skill have the augment?

2. What will happen to ship droid bonuses crew skill? And can I kill it?

3. What will happen to equip of companion ? (Weekly reward yavin 4)

Thank you

Will companions receive their personal story like the original method or are they just tied into overall plot.

For companions that we can romance ex. vette. Would vette opinion of the player's action change over time. Like instead of losing ten influence, we may lose 5.

Will a companion with low enough influence break up with the outlander?

Will a companion with low enough influence break up with the outlander?

Well, if their affection/influence was high enough that they were together it would take serious work to get it low enough for that to happen, if it can happen at all

Someone some where said that Influence would have a wider range of factors than affection does. For example conquest and PvP would also play a factor.

So my question is, will these factors also included previous achievements in these fields. I.e. that Im a fleet admiral (1000 gsf matches) or have 100 Valor increase my influence or will it only be actions that take place after I have picked the companion up.

That is are you looking to invalidate everything done prior to the expansion, shaft players that may have played as many of the few PvP maps you have on offer or gsf maps or wasted enough credits on crafting worthless war supplies. And really only cater to new players giving PvP an added bonus in the form of influence with companions above the grind of coms and valor that it currently is for existing players?

As aside from the bribe to keep subscribing it seems the summer of swtor has brought no new pvp, new new flashpoints or ops, no new gsf, no new conquest, infact no new content of any kind. And when the expansion hits the plan is to require players that want to get influence with their new companions (the only one that can be used in the only new content for a year) to repeat the same grind that was old all summer.

Can the companions only equip specific weapons or will you change that now when the weapons will be purely cosmetical, it would be nice if they could equip all kinds of weapons. What will the companions use as weapons if we decide not to equip weapons, will they still be powerful with their fists? Edited by Icestar

Will all the old companions(legacy companions included, treek and HK) comment on your missions and what you're doing in all the chapters during Fallen Empire season 1 and onwards? Like how they used to in the base game(excluding the legacy ones), or will some of them or all of them simply just be there for show/combat and not actually "be there" in the sense of meaningful dialogue? Edited by cirruz

Can the companions only equip specific weapons or will you change that now when the weapons will be purely cosmetical, it would be nice if they could equip all kinds of weapons. What will the companions use as weapons if we decide not to equip weapons, will they still be powerful with their fists?

Do we know weapons will be purely cosmetical ?

Eric,

For the companions stats, you state that they will increase stat-wise as you increase in level. However, this leaves me wondering the following:

Will their stats be based off of your item quality / stats, or just a flat level basis?

I ask, because if it is a flat level basis, then there is a good chance that at certain points in the game, the companions will not be as effective as they used to be when you could gear them up with blue/purple modifications. I have seen a really well geared companion heal for a group rather decently in a heroic.

I feel like the companion's stats should increase in quality as your character does, so they keep up with the content you are playing in. I also feel like you should be able to choose a stat orientation, since you can now, so that the companion goes more towards crits/surges, or just straight up power, or in tank form shielding vs straight defense.

I hope this made sense.

Not really much of a spoiler question: Upon watching the stream again, will that beginning always have T7 no matter what class you play, or, as an example, would the bounty hunter have Mako slicing the terminal instead, or the inquisitor have Revel doing that, or the smuggler have Risha, or Gus, or someone fairly tech-savvy for their crew so a different class doesn't basically go,"Hey, who the hell is this droid that isn't getting any intro?" While most players would know who T7 is, the characters wouldn't and if all the reactions were roughly the same and they couldn't even know who that droid was, would really break immersion for me and I don't know who else.

Do we know weapons will be purely cosmetical ?

They have said that companions power scale with the characters level and that gear can be used to design how the companions look. Check the first post in this thread.

Edited by Icestar