Makeb [Staged] Weekly Being Removed in 4.0

EricMusco

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We wanted to pass on a heads up about some Achievements which will be coming out of the game with Game Update 4.0.

Category: Citizens of Makeb

• Mass Exodus
  • Hero of the Citizens of Makeb
  • Making the Connection

Category: Makeb Imperial Forces

• Contain and Control
  • Hero of the Makeb Imperial Forces
  • Well Connected

All players who complete Making the Connection and/or Well Connected achievements before they are removed will be receiving a Makeb Gazebo decoration in the mail around the time Game Update 4.0 launches. If you don’t have those achievements but you are looking to get them before they are retired, now is the time! We’ll see you all on Makeb.

-eric

Do we know if it is necessary to get all 3 achievements on each side to get the decoration or is it just Well Connected/Making the Connection that is necessary?

Do we know if it is necessary to get all 3 achievements on each side to get the decoration or is it just Well Connected/Making the Connection that is necessary?

you will get all 3 done by finishing Well Connected and Making the Grade.

Its impossible not to do the first 2 boxes when completing the 3rd box (the well connected and making the grade boxes)

The first achievement box (x10) if for doing Mass Exodus once (Well Connected and Making the grade require you to do specific mass exodus 4 or 5 times at a minimum)

The second achievement box (x25) is for doing each mission in mass exodus at least one time. Well connected and Making the grade will have you do every mission any where from once (to 4 times for specific missions) so by doing well connected and/or making the grade you will meet the requirements of the 2nd achievement box.

hope that helped

you will get all 3 done by finishing Well Connected and Making the Grade.

Its impossible not to do the first 2 boxes when completing the 3rd box (the well connected and making the grade boxes)

The first achievement box (x10) if for doing Mass Exodus once (Well Connected and Making the grade require you to do specific mass exodus 4 or 5 times at a minimum)

The second achievement box (x25) is for doing each mission in mass exodus at least one time. Well connected and Making the grade will have you do every mission any where from once (to 4 times for specific missions) so by doing well connected and/or making the grade you will meet the requirements of the 2nd achievement box.

hope that helped

Actually, you can complete Making The Connection on Republic side without doing all of the different missions. I was starting from scratch on the Republic side, so I followed the guide on Dulfy's site. I completed Making The Connection but never had to run the Stage 2 Heroic 4 Deception Play. I'm not sure about Empire side since I had run the staged weekly several times before this while grinding Makeb reputation. I ended up doing all the missions I hadn't done Empire side anyway.

Edited by Jeromus

Just looking for some confirmation, do we need to have all achievements completed on both sides to recieve a makeb gazebo? or just on one side that we choose? Just wondering because in Musco's original post it said and/or so I just want to be 100% sure what the exact requirements are.

Yes, I would love more decoration details.

Do I get 2 of the same for doing it on both factions? Are they tradeable (can I put an extra on the GTN?)

Do I get a different version for doing the Republic version?

Did they ever say whether we had to do it on both Factions?

• 3 weeks later...
Just looking for some confirmation, do we need to have all achievements completed on both sides to recieve a makeb gazebo? or just on one side that we choose? Just wondering because in Musco's original post it said and/or so I just want to be 100% sure what the exact requirements are.

Well Eric said OR so i guess 1 side is enough ?

Because some people only have republic toons.

So it should count towards the decoration in mails if you complete only 1 side.

Edited by -Spc

All players who complete Making the Connection and/or Well Connected achievements

This means if you can complete just one or both, its up to you, one is a republic achievement, the other is an imperial achievement. So you choose which you want to do and you'll get the deco for either one.

And why should we waste time for doing the new achievements from now on? You may remove them tomorrow.

We`ll kill 1000 mobs with each of our companions and then you`ll decide to remove these achievements in the next expansion. ;/

Edited by iankalo

And why should we waste time for doing the new achievements from now on? You may remove them tomorrow.

We`ll kill 1000 mobs with each of our companions and then you`ll decide to remove these achievements in the next expansion. ;/

Exactly.

Don't bother basing your decisions on how to spend your time in the game on anything that they can take away tomorrow. Achievements, gear, levels, powers/skills, companions or companion "affection", etc...

Exactly.

Don't bother basing your decisions on how to spend your time in the game on anything that they can take away tomorrow. Achievements, gear, levels, powers/skills, companions or companion "affection", etc...

um, in other words, the whole game could go kerplewie in a month, so eveyrthing would be lost. Don't make your decisions based on there being a possible future for this or any game.

Don't make your decisions based on there being a possible future for this or any game.
That's why people still buy physical copies and expect working retail versions.

Why people distrust online DRM distribution services like Origin, Steam, Uplay, Direct2Drive, etc. The best option is Good Old Games, you download a full working copy of a game without DRM, it's the most ethical form of game ownership online.

All subs got a flag? What flag?

Might've only been early access subs. Or subs that unlocked all of the KOTFE promotional stuff (i.e. persistently subbed without lapsing for the last few months). But we got an Alliance Flag.

No gazebo as advertised in this thread for doing the Makeb achievements though.

So I got the Well Connected achievement done on my Juggernaut before 4.0 went live. No gazebo in the mail, only the flag that all subs got. Where's the gazebo?

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, guessing they meant when the expansion launches which will be next Tuesday.

It's the weekend lol, they will not respond to this at all.

They had half a week to give a response on a weekday. Apparently no one working at the Bioware office ever did the Makeb achievements, so there was no one working there to personally notice that we didn't get our gazebos, because there's been no response.

If you want a bug addressed a dev probably has to stumble upon it while playing the game during his off hours for it to get tested and fixed at the office later LOL.