Makeb [Staged] Weekly Being Removed in 4.0

EricMusco

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a cinematic of Undermoff Bensen dying a gruesome, agonizing death? Ideally with him begging for mercy in his awful faux-British accent. Thanks!

Not until he is done washing my clothes and waxing my ship. That is what and Undermoff does.

Thanks to those for the advice on finishing up these achievements. It took me a few days but I got them.

What I unexpectedly realized was how fun they were to do. There were lots of people on Makeb doing the same thing and helping each other out. It was a *lot* of fun... way more fun and interesting than I thought it would be.

Now I'm thinking maybe they should start getting rid of other things once in a while. Things that wouldn't normally be done will get revived with new interest and help get people doing them again. I thought I was done with Makeb, honestly, I haven't taken any of my latest 8 characters there at all, so going back and re-visiting it was neat.

And then, once the mission/achievement/etc is gone, it'll leave those who did it with some cool pixels to say that they were there for what happened and can socialize with and meet new people who ask about "what cool stuff have you done" and things like that.

TL;DR - Had a blast going back to Makeb to finish these off before they're gone and I'd like to see them eliminate more seldom-used missions/achievements in the future.

Edited by PetFish

Now I'm thinking maybe they should start getting rid of other things once in a while. Things that wouldn't normally be done will get revived with new interest and help get people doing them again. I thought I was done with Makeb, honestly, I haven't taken any of my latest 8 characters there at all, so going back and re-visiting it was neat.

And then, once the mission/achievement/etc is gone, it'll leave those who did it with some cool pixels to say that they were there for what happened and can socialize with and meet new people who ask about "what cool stuff have you done" and things like that.

TL;DR - Had a blast going back to Makeb to finish these off before they're gone and I'd like to see them eliminate more seldom-used missions/achievements in the future.

That same thought crossed my mind, but I remembered I spent most of the year unsubscribed. I resubscribe for 6 months whenever a new major expansion releases. RoTC - 6 months. SoR - 6 months. KotFE - 6 months. If something like The removal of a staged weekly gets announced again, chances are, I'm not following SWTOR news and I'll miss the warning and not resub in time.

The thought that crossed my mind was, "wow that's one way to motivate people to complete content... threaten to take it away." and reward an exclusive decoration. Basically assigning a deadline.

Edited by Falensawino

Eric, I just have a question about how many of these Gazebos we can get.

Is it just 1 per legacy for having done the achievements?

Is it 2 per legacy for having done the achievements for both factions?

Do you get 1 per character in your legacy?

and will they be BOP? id hope so, only if you can get more than 1.

Is there an achievement associated with it that may go away? That's the only reason for the announcement. They may already have changed Section X for 4.0. Or not.

What a ********.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8407253&postcount=18

They're changing how the weekly itself work; same or similar quests, different way of running them. The achievements being removed are just a consequence as they would be obsolete and unobtainable with whatever they'll do. It's legitimate to ask for a rework of Section X's H4 aswell as as of today, 9/10 of times, is impossible to complete the weekly due to low population in that area.

I've been there today, there was only one person. Sitting there for 1 hour, nobody came, weekly still in the log.

Is the Imperial [stage 2] mission "Local Trouble" bugged? The quest console doesn't seem to have the quest at all.

Also, do we need to complete all 3 achievements for both sides in order to get the decoration?

While we are fixing missions and weeklies on Makeb and making some of the achievements obosolte, can we fix the ones that are bugged and cant actually be done like Kill it with Fire?

Also, if we are doing this to be more in line with other weeklies can we fix the other planet with a weekly that's out of line? Section X is the only daily planet that actually requires you to have 4 people in the group to finish the heroic, even though it can easily be solo'ed or two manned as far as the trash itself goes. I've sat on Section X for over an hour and a half before before bribing people in my guild to come help me complete it.

Is the Imperial [stage 2] mission "Local Trouble" bugged? The quest console doesn't seem to have the quest at all.

Also, do we need to complete all 3 achievements for both sides in order to get the decoration?

The way the [staged Weekly] setup works is that the specific Missions you do at first determine which Missions subsequently become available - were you following the guide on Dulfy to make sure you've done the right prerequisite missions to get "Local Trouble" as an option at [stage 2]? (I believe you need to do "The Dissonance Wave" to unlock that specific one.)

That same thought crossed my mind, but I remembered I spent most of the year unsubscribed. I resubscribe for 6 months whenever a new major expansion releases. RoTC - 6 months. SoR - 6 months. KotFE - 6 months. If something like The removal of a staged weekly gets announced again, chances are, I'm not following SWTOR news and I'll miss the warning and not resub in time.

The thought that crossed my mind was, "wow that's one way to motivate people to complete content... threaten to take it away." and reward an exclusive decoration. Basically assigning a deadline.

This is not really a new concept. The Gree and Rakghoul events for example are also based on that principle. Encouraging players to do specific content by limiting its availability (or planning to remove it completely) certainly works. However, they won't remove the content completely, but only the [staged Weekly] that is associated with them, as Eric wrote in his second post.

I think the [staged Weekly] is quite good regarding the story (for a non-class-story). However, like other Dailies/Weeklies, doing them more than three of four times is not something I consider fun. In addition to that, these missions pay about 8K each and take between 5 and 30 minutes. There are far better options for level 55+ chars to get credits. Once someone reaches Legend rep on Makeb, there is really little reason to go back.

Perhaps they could change the Conquest events, so that Dailies/Weeklies give conquest points (that would be nice, because I could do Dailies while waiting in queue for GSF). It would also give guilds an additional incentive to do these together. But alas, that is not the topic of this thread.

Hello this is a question people have been asking.

Will the achievements be removed COMPLETELY (deleted off the list) or will they be shown - retired and unable to be gotten? Players who want to get 100% are confused because "removed" and "retired" were both used in the original post.

Thanks to those for the advice on finishing up these achievements. It took me a few days but I got them.

What I unexpectedly realized was how fun they were to do. There were lots of people on Makeb doing the same thing and helping each other out. It was a *lot* of fun... way more fun and interesting than I thought it would be.

I agree, these were more fun than I remember. Granted I never did all of them before because I never bothered to come back the following week and get the next stage. The actual daily's are pretty unique compared to some (like CZ-198).

I'd also like to know about whether we can get more than one gazebo deco if we do it on both the Rep & Imp sides,..

Is there anyway we can get some sort of preview of what the Decoration is going to look like for those of us who have those achievements? Also how is it going to work? Are we going to get a mail on every toon in that legacy like we've gotten for other decorations (Rishi Idol and Revan Statue) or is it going to be 1 statue? If we are getting multiple, how many will we be able to unlock? If we get multiple and we've unlocked all of the ones we can, will we be able to sell excess like we could do with the Rishi Idol or will it be like other decos that will be BoP and our only option will be to destroy them?

Hey folks,

We wanted to pass on a heads up about some Achievements which will be coming out of the game with Game Update 4.0.

Category: Citizens of Makeb

• Mass Exodus
  • Hero of the Citizens of Makeb
  • Making the Connection

Category: Makeb Imperial Forces

• Contain and Control
  • Hero of the Makeb Imperial Forces
  • Well Connected

All players who complete Making the Connection and/or Well Connected achievements before they are removed will be receiving a Makeb Gazebo decoration in the mail around the time Game Update 4.0 launches. If you don’t have those achievements but you are looking to get them before they are retired, now is the time! We’ll see you all on Makeb.

-eric

Would it be possible instead to create another category (let's say, Legacy Accomplishments), move them there and zero out the achievement point values? It could also remain hidden for players that didn't unlock them.

Would it be possible instead to create another category (let's say, Legacy Accomplishments), move them there and zero out the achievement point values? It could also remain hidden for players that didn't unlock them.

^This. Been asking for this since the "Sharp Dresser" achievement.

This is one of those things they actually should be shamelessly cribbing from WoW (which had the "Feats of Strength" tab of achievements that were no longer attainable).

'Place false records in Tarlam Hall of records' seems to be broken for me :/

Have followed the guide [stage 1] False History then [stage 2] Landing Party but no joy.

Having read through some of the potential fixes...

solo the H2, just not getting the timing on those gas panels even on my assassin with phase walk.

go in with someone that doesn't have the quest, it was hard enough finding someone to group up with the quest... or even to respond in general chat.

Not holding out much hope of any fix as they are removing them for 4.0 bit of a shame as the deco would have been nice.