Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So what do people spend their 1000 Basic comms on now?

Transairion

With Ziost 190 gear making buying (vendor) 186 gear pretty irrevelent, the biggest sink for my Basic Comms went bye bye and now most of my 60's are near capped.

Pre 3.0 those Basics went to buying Isotope-5, which was listed on the GTN and converted to credits. Now the demand for such thing, as far as I know, is essentially zero.

That really only kind of leaves the 12-comm level 50 Artifact Boxes on the Fleet, which has a 25% chance or so of giving Inheritance/Birthright tokens (mostly useless) and the rest of the time gives something you can vendor for at least several hundred credits, and sometimes around 12k credits.

Is this the best thing to spend Basics on once you're fully geared in Ziost 190 gear?

Depends on how lazy I am. I'll buy artifact boxes to gamble for a crate-o-matic and usually get around 700k for my time or I'll buy some commando armoring mods from the level 49 vendor (don't get the 55 one it is worth less) and mail it to another character to vendor. The ladder nets about 1.2 mil per 1000 comes but takes an eternity it feels like.

Depends on how lazy I am. I'll buy artifact boxes to gamble for a crate-o-matic and usually get around 700k for my time or I'll buy some commando armoring mods from the level 49 vendor (don't get the 55 one it is worth less) and mail it to another character to vendor. The ladder nets about 1.2 mil per 1000 comes but takes an eternity it feels like.

I take it by that you send the Commando armoring then have to wait so many hours (12?) to pass before you can vendor them elsewhere, right?

Legacy Storage would certainly speed that up, depending on how much room you've got heh.

Depends on how lazy I am. I'll buy artifact boxes to gamble for a crate-o-matic and usually get around 700k for my time

I should do that too... but then again... birthright/inheritance crap... ugh... absolutely despise getting that useless junk from a purple box I just spent a bunch of coms on. :mad:

My boyfriend and I are still leveling alts, and unlike some, we tend to gear our selves and companions every 2-4 levels and use those comms to do it and considering we still go through the planet stories as well it takes us a bit longer as we are not rushing to level. Edited by ScarletBlaze

I take it by that you send the Commando armoring then have to wait so many hours (12?) to pass before you can vendor them elsewhere, right?

Legacy Storage would certainly speed that up, depending on how much room you've got heh.

Nah, mailing them to an another character also unbinds them instantly. It actually warns you that you'll lose your ability to refund the item before you send the mail. :)

Well because you have 80 slots in your bag and gotta get 500 armoring mods it's faster to mail it rather than port to a stronghold or somewhere with a legacy bank. It usually is like 60 ish mails to send out. It's a huge annoyance. And yes it's to unbind the mods.

Nah, mailing them to an another character also unbinds them instantly. It actually warns you that you'll lose your ability to refund the item before you send the mail.

Well because you have 80 slots in your bag and gotta get 500 armoring mods it's faster to mail it rather than port to a stronghold or somewhere with a legacy bank. It usually is like 60 ish mails to send out. It's a huge annoyance. And yes it's to unbind the mods.

Interesting.

I went ahead and tested, sending one through the mail and one via Legacy Storage and it happens just as said here:

Mail makes you lose the timer instantly and you can sell the item (for 2025 credits lol) instantly upon getting the mail.

Legacy keeps the 2 hour timer and if you try and sell it beforehand back to Basic comms it goes.

So via that method you get 1,012,500 credits for 1000 comms, but it takes a lifetime. Worth considering at least.

The flipside is that 12-comm random boxes at 50 have the chance of Crate-o-matic, and/or other items like the Trooper Autocannon "Justice" which are worth tons... but you'll probably get a lot of Legacy Junk too.

For 1000 comms you get about 82/83 lvl 50 Artifact boxes, by the way :p

Edited by Transairion

what is this 700k crate-o-matic...?that sounds like a good profit

The Czerka Crate-O-Matic is the most rare item in the game - a toy that disguises you as a random crate/barrel.

You can get one from any level 50+ loot roll. (mob drops, lockboxes, even crafting missions). Rumors say the chances are so small, that there is only one drop per month. (worldwide? serverwide? does it matter? :rolleyes:)

Because it's so rare, and there even is an achievement for getting one, It's listed for insane sums on the GTN (around 50 millions) but probably those who buy them are just listing them again, trying to make a profit.

The 700k mentioned earlier are the average sum you make from buying boxes for 1000 comms and selling the stuff on the GTN without getting a Crate-o-Matic.

Edited by Mubrak

Alts really.

As soon as an alt hits the fleet, I take a character with loads of basic coms and buy some of the 60 basic com crafting schematics and place them in legacy storage.

Alt pops along to stronghold, grabs and sells these - so each alt can have around 600 basic coms which is enough for them to level gear for them and companion all the way to 60.

Interesting.

I went ahead and tested, sending one through the mail and one via Legacy Storage and it happens just as said here:

Mail makes you lose the timer instantly and you can sell the item (for 2025 credits lol) instantly upon getting the mail.

Legacy keeps the 2 hour timer and if you try and sell it beforehand back to Basic comms it goes.

So via that method you get 1,012,500 credits for 1000 comms, but it takes a lifetime. Worth considering at least.

The flipside is that 12-comm random boxes at 50 have the chance of Crate-o-matic, and/or other items like the Trooper Autocannon "Justice" which are worth tons... but you'll probably get a lot of Legacy Junk too.

For 1000 comms you get about 82/83 lvl 50 Artifact boxes, by the way :p

:sy_auction:

What Item did you use?

Edited by De-mu-noki
Spelling

Depends. I accumulate them really fast. Depending on where I have toons doing what, I may buy a set of 162/148 gear to PvP a fresh 55+. Transfer comms to a lower level so I have them while leveling up. Buy gear and sell for cash. Let them rot in the list.... Not much I really don't do that I can't..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.