2 year + Fanboy of Swtor sadly cancels his account.

Dualthreat

Why do people feel the need to make a large qq leaving post. When I quit wow, aion, rift, ffxi I just left. What you feel is only for you so go quietly and keep tabs on it for the future if you really cared about it as much as you say you did. Edited by Tenceriker

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. apparently we are playing two different games.

this is the most lively feeling game i have ever played.

mmm not quite...the time of day doesnt change...would be nice but not essential.

revisiting areas you have been before show no change..which would be nice to show you had impact on that area.

I am glad to see that some people understand where I come from. Others who troll the forums just to dismiss should again look at my join date and what I say. If you have dedicated players who quit over reasons many fan sites support 6.1/10 user ratings , there is reason for concern. So play in denial if you wish. it makes my opinion no less valid then yours. Good luck!

Stopped at the end of page 2.

Anyways, you're mentioning WoW and mentioning how "meh" Star Wars rating is and how it feels right to you... Have you taken a look at Cataclysms rating lately? It's 5.2, rather fitting as well wouldn't you agree?

+1

I cancelled mine a few days ago. Hopefully they'll make the combat more fun and exciting so I can return.

It is a huge shame for me also as I have been following the game for years.

Then why are you still here? If you canceled, then you have no reason being on these forums. Find something else to do, besides being a wet blanket to others.

The point was they quit over the reasons the fan site reviews given, bad combat, overkill on cut scenes, way to much walking for no good reason, dead world with static mobs that don't move, single player game poorly done. Pvp is pretty terrible and boring. These are just a few of the reasons you see 6.1/10 ratings by thousands of fan's reviewing the game. I know those who love it don't like to hear this but ignoring it won't make it go away or be invalid when such a large number lead to these ratings. Anways if you like it that is good, keep playing it!

Honestly, if your that ignorant to think that those ratings are accurate you won't be missed. generally people tend to go to review things they aren't happy with as opposed to reviewing even they are happy. I love the game and I have no intentions of going to any of the game review sites to give my two thumbs up. That goes for must of the satisfied people out there. Its the same situation with my electric company, I don't call them up to say "nice job, your doing a great job", but you best believe when they over charge me or my power goes out I'm calling and letting them know I'm pissed.

Anyways, I agree withall the people saying we don't need these good bye, I didn't like the game posts. Good bye, we don't care why your worrying, put your bug posts in to bioware and leave with some dignity. Then if and when they get some of the major issues taken care of you can come. Until then, please, please, please do us and you a favor and do not make the farewell posts, its pathetic.

People expected the everything at launch...have fun in GW2 or Panda land, I am going to see how this plays out as it has it's faults like every other starting mmos

One of the logos on the game box belongs to EA. Some people don't get IT until someone bashes them over the face with a baseball bat.

Why do people feel the need to make a large qq leaving post. When I quit wow, aion, rift, ffxi I just left. What you feel is only for you so go quietly and keep tabs on it for the future if you really cared about it as much as you say you did.

People make quit posts to try and justify why they are leaving a game. Its the same as all the "game is dying" posts that happen on every forum, or the console vs console arguments. Everyone is so insecure that they have to try and convince everyone else to think like they do.

Its sad really. If you aren't going to sub to swtor anymore, just leave and be done with it. The only acceptable "quit" posts are ones with shout outs to community members.

OP I think most of us understand you concern/frustration/dissapointment.

I Didn't expect anything new from SWTOR. Right from the start many were comparing this to WOW adn most other succenssful MMOs and in truth to me it is is (Name some other MMO and put SWTOR iin place)

Right now I am enjoying it but that might change by the end of the month. or after my first month subscirption.

I agree that the combat is so basic that I feel after playing games like Dragon nest and even Vindictus as well as the upcoming TERA, they are much more fun combat wise.

I applaud BW for making the AC choices so different that they are in their class by itself. The playstyle right from level 10 for each AC is vastly different unless you like spamming 1 skill over and over and over again. If you choose the same rotation then I can see how boring it could be. My dissapointment is the talent/skill tree sytem that they so blatantly copied from WOW. They should have done something ......well different.

I don't like the fact that you don't really feel the different play-styles from each tree until you are deep into the tree. That was something that irked the heck out of me even in WOW. Cataclysm was great that once you hit level 10 you were a frost mage or fire mage and you felt like a frost mage or a fire mage instead of late in the tree. but that's another story.

The stories for every class are fantstic.

Hoently as I said before I didn't expect anything different. they wanted to model the game after the succesful WOW and they did jsut that and added their own flair to it plus BW's noted story driven/choice driven RP style. Right now I don't see the choices beign that drastic. but I do like how when you chosse DS your eyes start turing red. Nice touch.

I don't understand some of the reviews out there, I believe most sites that give the game such a low rating is upset that something is going to do well up against "the game that won't be named" here. People who don't like the game now, probably want to compare it to SWG which you can do, at all.

SWG sucked, royally, this game is great fun (more than that other game), there's not alot of running in it. You want running go pre-mount nerf in the other game where you didn't get a mount until 40, that's running everywhere.

People have gotten too used to the easiness of the other game so much (which has been in development for 7 years) they expect it from a new game that just came out right at the start.

It's the second week the game has been live... Be patient, get to end game, then wait for the announcement that the space portion of this game will be completely free roaming in the next expansion.

Profit!

Edited by Curivity

I love this game. I haven't stopped playing for anything but bathroom breaks, sleep and work. I like the game so much that I canceled my WoW sub and I really like WoW. I do hope that GW2 will be good, but its free 2 play so I won't be able to complain either way.

I love this game. I haven't stopped playing for anything but bathroom breaks, sleep and work. I like the game so much that I canceled my WoW sub and I really like WoW. I do hope that GW2 will be good, but its free 2 play so I won't be able to complain either way.

Exactly. With GW2 just needing to buy the box with no sub there's no reason to not play both when you want.

[...]

My biggest issues were the world is very static and dead. I feel like I am walking, and walking, and walking and walking and walking through a cut and paste game where nothing lives, paths, moves or changes. Its all just stuck in place. You move from area to area of this cut and paste environment with fairly boring combat mechanics that get old fast. You run into some good story but then way to many cut and long cut scenes for minor quests. I love this aspect for the main story parts but to do it for everything was massive overkill.

[...]

Now I have canceled my account. Ill be reading good books on my time of, playing skyirm, and hope gw2 is much better. It breaks my heart to not love or even like this game. I wish those of you who do the best. I post not to hate, I just wanted this game to be good enough to play from month to month for a limited amount of hours a week, I never expected much more then a wow clone but when swtor delivered so much less it was a large disappointment. The pure power of bioware and the star wars universe will have this game around for years to come, I am glad for that for those who love it. I just felt after 2 years of forum dedication and such a desire to just like the game I should post.

Seems like you don't like mmos after all, things being somewhat static is a necessity since new players must get the chance to experience the content as well as you.

What I find surprising is the wild expectations some people have to BW and TOR, they expect a Skyrim like game, online, where you can change the environment. It's just in the nature of mmos that those kinds of things will very rarely be there, if so very limited or instanced.

Don't think GW2 will do something crazy with "dynamic content", it always sounds good when they hype it but it will be limited, I can almost guarantee it.

First I was a very big supporter of this game since 2009. I was active on these forums up to launch daily. I really wanted this game to be amazing. I pre-ordered CE and DE's on day 1 of pre orders in july. So while you may not agree with my opinion it should concern you that a hard core fanboy has this opinion of the game. Here we go.

Since Launch I have already canceled my account. I played to 25, tried all the pve quests up to that level and took my time listening to all the story. I tired space combat and pvp. Again, I really wanted to love this game. I am a huge star wars fan and was a BIG fanboy of the game to be good. I did not expect amazing, I just wanted a pretty decent mmo with fun combat mechanics and action.

My biggest issues were the world is very static and dead. I feel like I am walking, and walking, and walking and walking and walking through a cut and paste game where nothing lives, paths, moves or changes. Its all just stuck in place. You move from area to area of this cut and paste environment with fairly boring combat mechanics that get old fast. You run into some good story but then way to many cut and long cut scenes for minor quests. I love this aspect for the main story parts but to do it for everything was massive overkill.

The pvp is honestly some of the most bland and boring pvp I have ever played. From all accounts you put bad combat mechanics into a massive open area and it will be just as bland as the limited 5 objective areas illum will have.

For me the game just wasn't worth putting the effort into as it wasn't that fun. it was decent but the average fan rating of 6.1/10 you are seeing on some metric sites is accurate for me. Its just a slightly above bad game which people who love single player story will play through then quit. Most mmo players like myself who played EQ and WoW and other games for years probably wont make this home for long.

While you may disagree with what I have to stay, Please understand I was a big fan and supporter for years of this game. I took 2 weeks off work just for its launch.

Now I have canceled my account. Ill be reading good books on my time of, playing skyirm, and hope gw2 is much better. It breaks my heart to not love or even like this game. I wish those of you who do the best. I post not to hate, I just wanted this game to be good enough to play from month to month for a limited amount of hours a week, I never expected much more then a wow clone but when swtor delivered so much less it was a large disappointment. The pure power of bioware and the star wars universe will have this game around for years to come, I am glad for that for those who love it. I just felt after 2 years of forum dedication and such a desire to just like the game I should post.

There is your problem. Good thing I wasn't even interested in the game until December, loling at how the majority of there budget whent to voice acting etc.

But hey i´m enjoying the game now

It won't be everyone's cup of tea. Other than a radical departure from the norm, most MMOs will be like this. I think the quests are great, the cinematics add a lot to the humdrum quests that otherwise might be bland. And that each character type acts different gives it some nice replayability as well.

We'll see if GW2 changes the metrics for MMOs. That's the next big change.. we'll see if it sticks. But this game is what I expected it to be, and so far, I'm well pleased.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.