Bolster Again - 204 BiS for PvP

Aetideus

Recently noticed players running with 204 - 162 -162 MH.

All mods apart from Hilt/Barrel having Expertise and is bolstered in WZs to 1214 total :eek: adding at least +100 Max dmg.

A lot know that the only way to get 204 is Colossal Monolith HM e.g. top PvE content BW.

Solution: Bolster currently checks if MH-OH has Expertise and if not, bolster to 1950 max.

INSTEAD, should check if MH -OH has 191 Expertise and if not, bolster to 1900 max.

Or else should we all join a Progression guild...

Edited by Aetideus

All mods apart from Hilt/Barrel having Expertise and is bolstered in WZs to 1214 total :eek: adding at least +100 Max dmg.

A lot know that the only way to get 204 is Colossal Monolith HM e.g. top PvE content BW.

Solution: Bolster currently checks if MH-OH has Expertise and if not, bolster to 1950 max.

INSTEAD, should check if MH -OH has 191 Expertise and if not, bolster to 1900 max.

Sounds like a bug, if only there was a place to post this

yeah.... :D

Edited by Wheerlpool

Just so happens I have a 204 handy.

Also 162 mods which are of course old tier and not available anymore.

So I lose 4 expertise.

I gain:

43223 -> 45164 = 1941hp

White damage bonus: 1097.8 -> 1133.1 = 35.3

Yellow damage bonus: 1808.3 -> 1863.8 = 55.5

Healing bonus: 1279.3 -> 1318.9 = 39.3

The comparison to older stuff is interesting on its own, but what matters is the comparison to new tier 174s...

Mind you, 174-204 is a huge gulf in stats. WIsh they'd make it smaller, it would eliminate such shenanigans.

Edited by MiaowZedong

The comparison to older stuff is interesting on its own, but what matters is the comparison to new tier 174s...

Mind you, 174-204 is a huge gulf in stats. WIsh they'd make it smaller, it would eliminate such shenanigans.

Exactly.

Edited by Aetideus

It is stupid but I'm not worried about it, it's always the same group of piss-poor players desperately looking for any exploit they can to get minimal stat advantages. That's what people who're bad at games do to make up for their lack of skill, they'll still die in the end when it comes to PvP because their skill is sub-par, if it wasn't they wouldn't be putting effort into such things. Edited by djcetra

It is stupid but I'm not worried about it, it's always the same group of piss-poor players desperately looking for any exploit they can to get minimal stat advantages. That's what people who're bad at games do to make up for their lack of skill, they'll still die in the end when it comes to PvP because their skill is sub-par, if it wasn't they wouldn't be putting effort into such things.

It is used by good players I am afraid.

It is stupid but I'm not worried about it, it's always the same group of piss-poor players desperately looking for any exploit they can to get minimal stat advantages. That's what people who're bad at games do to make up for their lack of skill, they'll still die in the end when it comes to PvP because their skill is sub-par, if it wasn't they wouldn't be putting effort into such things.

derp! so ppl who are good at games don't look to increase their stat advantage? they avoid dark reaver because trying to get that minimal is a waste of time? derp!

If bolster is going to stay, people of all skill levels are going to play with it to try and get the most out of their toon, skill doesn't really factor into it if you're looking for top performance within the system. Unless you think every op healer who played bolster to run a 2p PvE set for the last 2 1/2 years until the 3.3 6p changes were sub par exploiters. :rolleyes: If BW wants bolster to play a factor at end game even in full dark reaver, theres no reason not to mix and match and try for better stats.

imo the problem is that bolster is just a stupid concept from start to finish. why have pvp gear if you are going to have bolster? if they had kept it confined to the lowbie brackets, it would have probably been workable, but having it in the top tier is just self defeating. it should have been either expertise OR bolster, but not both. since we need expertise (else top tier pve gear wins) they had it right at the start.

tl,dr: bolster is stupid and imbalanced anyway, this is just another example.

How is 100 damage minimal ? We are talking about a 3-4% increase BASE dmg

Its not that high and even if it was, in pvp that's not really going to have that big of an impact when the burst rolling around is averaging 13k+ crits.

Its not that high and even if it was, in pvp that's not really going to have that big of an impact when the burst rolling around is averaging 13k+ crits.

I have 1730 bolstered Force with my Sorc and the 204 Sorc has 1850 :eek:

Edited by Aetideus