So Cross Server question from the QA...

Nickious

Courtesy of Aries_CZ from the QA today. Full QA from today on Dulfy of course.

Cross server?

Not ignoring the issue, something awesome in the works

I'm surprised there have been no specific comments about this. Most people I would assume that it was swept under the rug, but it appears they are still working on some means. Of what exactly? Who knows.

Edited by Nickious

They were suppose to tells us about "better than cross server" before the end of last year. Than they delayed releasing the information. Everyone on the forums got swept up in slot machine QQ and Rav exploit. So they exploit other issue to avoid telling us their "better than cross server" was a complete failure of an idea.

They were suppose to tells us about "better than cross server" before the end of last year. Than they delayed releasing the information. Everyone on the forums got swept up in slot machine QQ and Rav exploit. So they exploit other issue to avoid telling us their "better than cross server" was a complete failure of an idea.

All apart of their evil masterplan.

In all seriousness, what was answered is probably their "better than cross server". Its sounds like they opened their mouths too soon and it turned out they underestimated how much time it would take to implement.

We still don't know what it is, but it appears they are still working on it at least.

I think I get it ...

"Better than cross server" means that since they have stripped the game of all meaningful group content, there is NO NEED for cross server anything, as we will all be playing our own little instanced single-player adventures for 15-a-month.

Who could ask for anything more?

As others have mentioned we were meant to be told some 8 months ago. Yet this awesome thing is still under wraps. Should there be anything and this isn't just a PR ploy by the time it comes along the only new content we will have seen or be likely to see is single player content where even if you bring someone else along they are in spectator mode.

I'm glad I got fleet admiral in GSF but even if they reduce the queue times through some awesome means I don't see any reason to go back. No new ships no new maps nothing but GS hunting noobs. Warzones likewise nothing new is happening as the class balance is appealing. No new flash points or Ops only with scaling to make pugs more of a challenge (I don't pug) but I see plenty of complaints about the underlurker etc to know its not pretty. Plenty of other ops have unfriendly mechanics that maybe able to be muddled through when your levels ahead with decent gear but when they are all scaled up there isn't going to be a massive demand to pug those.

This awesome plan will come too late and do too little to make much of a difference as everyone will the the OUTLANDER and group content will be old and boring.

My money is still on the fact that the 90cc server transfers were to see where the population goes. Once they figure that out, be prepared for one more huge server merge.

The only thing better then cross server would be to actually have a large INCREASE in server pops.

I suspect that in the end it will be 4 US Servers.

1 West Coast PVE Server

1 East Coast PVE Server

1 PvP Server

1 RP Server

And honestly, 4 may be pushing it. They may push the RP servers into the regular East/West coast PvE servers like I expect them to do with the PvP servers.

Edited by Psychopyro

They should just rename their Q&As to -

'Question & We cant talk about that right now' Sessions.

You'd think that after 4 failed years, Bioware would get the message that their approach to Community, how they avoid questions better than a Politician does little to build any kind of trust.

12 months ago, Musco vented about 'better than Cross server' with information before the end of the year. At the end of the year, he announced that he knew about that announcement, hadn't forgotten about that announcement, then announced he would announce the announcement 'Soon'.

Almost 9 months later, its just the same old crap. Is it any wonder this game has seen a huge drop in numbers since 3.0?

Courtesy of Aries_CZ from the QA today. Full QA from today on Dulfy of course.

I'm surprised there have been no specific comments about this. Most people I would assume that it was swept under the rug, but it appears they are still working on some means. Of what exactly? Who knows.

I'll admit, I was kind of surprised they mentioned it as well. I figured it was a dead project... sounds like it's just another feature that is still in development and flux that they aren't ready to leak details on.

I don't know what it is. I don't have a good guess at this time as to what it might be. Patience for now.

I actualy thought that scaling group content so that it can be done at any level and making it all tactical - was part of that better than cross server solution. still doesn't explain how they are going to deal with hardmodes that still require trinity, but... we shall see

From a BW perspective, "better than cross server" essentially means we are about to turn the game into a single player online game, so stop whining, and thanks for still paying us, we actually cannot believe you pvp clowns fell for our BS for so long, you are no longer required.

If there's really going to be a merger they're not telling us about, I dearly, dearly hope it will come with a way for us to keep our character names. The last merger I was part of was a stealth merger announced less than 24 hours before it happened and it cost me a couple names. If they do something like that again what little trust existed will be destroyed for good.

I like the vibe here, a lot of realistically thinking people who are not convinced at all by BW's "official" statements.

I have started a thread about the non-inclusion of group content HERE, if any of you realistic pessimists would care to join in I would be very happy and quite frankly could use the support, because I am getting KILLED by fanbois in there ...

Yeah I don't believe them anymore. They lost every ounce of credibility when they ignore the community for more than 8 months in a row, only to give us "good news" after someone asks on a cantina event...

All apart of their evil masterplan.

In all seriousness, what was answered is probably their "better than cross server". Its sounds like they opened their mouths too soon and it turned out they underestimated how much time it would take to implement.

We still don't know what it is, but it appears they are still working on it at least.

I think a lot of people, like me, are more upset by the silence than anything else. I personally have no issues with something being delayed, but I do not appreciate the silence, and I do not appreciate being ignored.

Edited by znihilist